Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
i had no idea this show even existed, can i get some pity points for not giving a poo poo about curt hawkins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MotU posted:

Fact: Curt Hawkins real name is Hurt Cakwins

Actually his real name is Hawk Curtains. FACT.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dordreff posted:

i had no idea this show even existed, can i get some pity points for not giving a poo poo about curt hawkins?

You get five pity points for not giving a poo poo about Hawkins.

Unfortunately, not watching the A show is a five point penalty.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

You get five pity points for not giving a poo poo about Hawkins.

Unfortunately, not watching the A show is a five point penalty.

Is Main Event the A-show because Smackdown's pretty much forgotten he exists too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sticklefifer posted:

Is Main Event the A-show because Smackdown's pretty much forgotten he exists too.

He said he had no idea this show existed which means that he obviously does not watch Smackdown live (or Talking Smack).

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
yeah sorry i cut off when i close polls. if you want to submit your own to see how you do against yourself anyway be my guest! just not gonna count it. I pinky swear I will do these within the next week.

I also wanted to throw out an idea: I have been considering splitting next year into two seasons, one post WM through SS, the next starting after SS through WM. The prizes will be smaller (I actually was thinking of having the main prize this season be something that gets passed around winner to winner anyway), but something I notice in the stats and hear from others is that once you miss one or two, you're basically out of the running for a top spot. This would give people a chance to come back after taking a few (very understandable) months off of WWE programming. With the BRAND EXTENSION and there being a ppv like every week anyway, I think this would add some fun back into it. Let me know if you think this is dumb

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's not a bad idea, though it gives one of the seasons three of the big four PPVs. (Granted, Survivor Series barely matters anymore, and MITB is probably a higher status PPV at this point.)

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Endless Mike posted:

That's not a bad idea, though it gives one of the seasons three of the big four PPVs. (Granted, Survivor Series barely matters anymore, and MITB is probably a higher status PPV at this point.)

That's kind of my rationale... the amount of usually decent PPVs between the two are fairly even.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they're supposedly cutting down on brand exclusive ppvs after WM as well. Though I think it's still a good idea.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

they're supposedly cutting down on brand exclusive ppvs after WM as well. Though I think it's still a good idea.

yeah outside of the big ones none are officially scheduled yet it seems. I'm hoping its somewhere in the middle of the monthly we got before and the every 2 weeks we've had for some time. There will have been about 16 this season (+4 NXT events) and there were about 12 previously, so if it stays within that range I feel like the split is worth it. I'll probably give a bonus 30 points or something to the top 10 going into the next season as well, or something like that, to give a little bit of continuity.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh thank god.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is that the same as cutting down on ppvs?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I suppose they could run biweekly interbrand PPVs.

Ugh.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want a Network Event every sunday

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
just like have the champion fight 6 matches in one night

or have a tag tournmanet for #1 contenders with actual long matches

just every sunday have a show thats all wrestlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MotU posted:

just like have the champion fight 6 matches in one night

or have a tag tournmanet for #1 contenders with actual long matches

just every sunday have a show thats all wrestlin

Moving Monday Night Raw to Sunday would be a nice way for me to mentally prepare for the week ahead. :)

• Locked thread