Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

EricBauman posted:

This was a good ep. Loved the whole Taylor/Dollar Bill thing because it's a perfect illustration of the differences between people.
I'm not too hot on the implication that Ax is the kind of person who unites the ballsy male thing and the detached number crunching thing. Maybe that's what he wants to be, but everything he does shows how petty and driven by emotions he is.

Axe is a mirror of Rhoades, they are both highly effective and good at strategy but their blindspot is ego and their competitive nature, so all of their misplays happen when those factors are involved.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Chuck is such a dope. He could have walked away with that favor and bolstered his position against Axe but he is still going after that other billionaire because he can never compromise.

Case in point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

It was Nigeria.

The things that characters do are shady as poo poo, but the characters themselves are smart, sexy (well, not Paul Giamatti), funny, always ready with a quip or a historical fact. I feel like whatever indictment of the system the show is trying to make, gets lost in that it all seems fun and exciting.

I think the show is supposed to be an entertaining cockfight moreso than a morality play. The Magnificent Bastard thing is good TV IMO.

• Locked thread