Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

There's also still a truckload of sidelining female characters despite the fact that it tries to paint them as badasses (Axe's wife being the most egregious example).

In The Wolf of Wall Street Scorsese manages to portray this same life of excess and dubious morals in a way that makes you laugh but also leaves you feeling sick to your stomach. Here you get the feeling that the show glorifies the characters but also feels guilty about it so they throw in some "look how they destroy their own lives" moments.

Lol they are loving with a nations currency for profit. Axe made his fortune shorting stocks on 9/11 as his friends died. He has the shadiest guy ever in charge of his black ops operations, you know the guy that implied he could kill children this last episode. How do you not feel sick to your stomach. I like this show, but after every episode i feel a bit more cynical. Because yeah, Bobby is an entertaining guy, that is one of the worst of this class of wall street cheaters.

Edit: I feel like saying "they are loving with a nations currency for profit" when talking about hedge funds is hilarious and obvious, but i meant them messing around with the currency of a smaller nation(Bolivia right?)

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

This show is like The Sopranos but instead of neighborhoods getting destroyed by money it's the entire global economy, and the worst the mobsters can face is 10 years in federal prison, which will never, ever actually happen. Do you think Boyd ever worried about getting thrown in a trunk lined with plastic and shot in the face? I'm guessing no.

• Locked thread