Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, sounds like Flamander was told by his scumbuddies to fakeclaim bodyguard but now he's getting the details wrong.

HOWEVER until we get a confirmation from Gulag that he protected Somber its not damning. But either way, Flamander and Gulag can't both be town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Yorkshire Tea posted:

That means that 11 are alive and 3 are confirmed town. If I count myself as town because I know I'm town then we have 4 confirmed.

I /think/ the scum team is four people in size. Megaman, Protoman, Rush and Auto. Auto makes sense as the janitor.

I guess the big question is, Flamander, does your bodyguard effect kill you if you protect someone from death?

I was thinking the scum team was probably only three given the last line of the Rush flip from yesterday.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Although I wasn't really thinking about the janitored kill from N1. Strange we haven't had more of those if that's the case, though.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

IllegallySober posted:

Although I wasn't really thinking about the janitored kill from N1. Strange we haven't had more of those if that's the case, though.

It would make sense in the context of Megaman and Rush being the only two who can absorb powers, but Auto can janitor.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Even if he's 1 shot bulletproof he should be informed of it.

Do you know who else is usually 1 shot BP?
The Godfather.

1) This isn't necessarily true, it depends on the mod.

2) In what loving world are Godfathers usually 1-shot BP?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Didn't protect somber.
I do think I successfully protected someone (slam) tjough, as this is is the first time I've been told that my action was actually successful.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

We should kill him anyway though, for attempting to be the role, that I am.

We've already seen night actions not go where they were supposed to and no explanation afaik. I am not surprised if this games gimmick is that night action targets are rnged, because of the flavor and cause town seems pretty stacked

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
we've had multiple verifiable tracks though, so that's probably not it

Slamburger posted:

Yeah, sounds like Flamander was told by his scumbuddies to fakeclaim bodyguard but now he's getting the details wrong.

HOWEVER until we get a confirmation from Gulag that he protected Somber its not damning. But either way, Flamander and Gulag can't both be town.

am I forgetting why this is the case?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Somber, what did you do last night with echo cop?

And also this seems pretty cut and dry anyway.

If Flamander flips scum then we know Gulag isn't lying. If he flips town Gulag is almost certain to be lying.

If Flamander flips town then there's also a lot of doubt around stickup.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yorkie none of the words you're saying make sense

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I seriously cant wrap my head around yorkie and haven't been able to for ages. I'm not sure you understand my confusion york, so here are some words

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If Flamander flips scum then we know Gulag isn't lying. If he flips town Gulag is almost certain to be lying.

gulag says he did not doc somber last night. flamander visited somber last night.

if flamander is scum and tried to kill somber, gulag would, in fact, be lying 200% of all times. barring hijinks, flamander did not try to kill somber last night.

quote:

If Flamander flips town then there's also a lot of doubt around stickup.

how exactly do I have anything whatsoever to do with this?

are you suggesting I tried to get my scum team mate pmach, who claimed the same role as me, killed within hours of the game starting and didn't stop until I successfully killed her? you're gonna need to explain, cause you're the one wanting to chain kill town power roles, including the ecco cop, instead of using your kill to actually kill scum (this is what a vig is supposed to do).

now that pmach is dead and flipped with the same role as me, where does there exist a universe that I am scum? you're the one with a role an already dead town player had :ohdear:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

They are saying we can't both be town due to having the same role, except one is incorrectly named for some reason.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Can we get some vigs or something.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah but he is the one that has the same role as anarc, a town friend

you have a different role than flam, and I have the same role as pmach, a scum jerk :confuoot:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

The way flam is describing his role is identical to mine but called a bodyguard, even though mine clearly states that I am a doctor. I doubt e+ would name them differently for no reason.

I would like to use big to ruthlessly remove survivor from game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would kill everyone

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

The way flam is describing his role is identical to mine but called a bodyguard, even though mine clearly states that I am a doctor. I doubt e+ would name them differently for no reason.

Rude.

Also not recommended.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would vote for Flam, because bodyguard that isn't a bodyguard makes no sense.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

GulagDolls posted:

This is my exact reasoning. The reason I figured PMom was lying was because he had the exact same role as stickup.

this is a stickup posted:

now that pmach is dead and flipped with the same role as me, where does there exist a universe that I am scum? you're the one with a role an already dead town player had :ohdear:

One where the scum team has two robots with similar roles a la Megaman and Protoman. Massively unlikely, but enough that I'd think about it.

I have a chain vig with a really specific difference to the strongman vig that we already had.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
a lot of his older posts are equally weird. the only thing holding me back is his action is crash and he claimed crash man

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Who is confirmed town in this game.

I will vote with them and it'll be like having a confirmed town doublevoter.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
pmom did not have or claim the same role as me. pmach had half of my role, and flipped scum, yet you still suspect me.

there is also a pmush (not in this game) to make things extra confusing :eng101:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

Who is confirmed town in this game.

I will vote with them and it'll be like having a confirmed town doublevoter.

slam and IS, who mostly have done nothing of value (sorry friends)

pmom was the valuable confirmed town

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh right the 3P pro-town friends.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd like to know why Flam and Gulag picked their targets

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

My target was confirmed by flip to not be scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote opop

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd like to know why Flam and Gulag picked their targets

Already said this, but I figured - if Somber is Ecco Cop, then I should probably protect him as he's got a pretty valuable role. I think the only ones who'd even come close would be Inf, who has been questioning me throughout this game; or Yorkshire, who, as I said, would be more of a risky choice due to the possibility of something going wrong with his chainvig (if he even has one).

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Sorry again is there some reason a few people are treating inf as confirmed town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

His role makes no sense as a scum role

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

There is absolutely no reason that could not be a badguy role.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

Sorry again is there some reason a few people are treating inf as confirmed town

I have confirmed stumping action.

Worst case scenario I'm a 3P (Which I'm not)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There's probably 1 scum left? Maybe 2?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GulagDolls posted:

No, but I really can't see a janitor and a stump maker on the same team

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I thought I sent a night action in from my phone but I guess not? I'm sorry ya'll.

##vote Flamander

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Someone summarize this drat game. Okay here are the claims:

Asiina - 3P Survivor
IS - 3P Town+
Slamburger - 3P Town+
Flamander - Bodyguard
Gulag - Doc?
Inf - Stumper
LM - Energy Generator
Opop - Bomb
Somber - Echo Cop
stickup - Watcher/Tracker
Yorkshire - Chain Vig

IS and Slam are basically guaranteed town(ish). Inf and Somber are extremely likely to be town because of their roles.

stickup probably town because of poo poo with PMach.

I'm Survivor, but I mean take that as you will.

Anyone else confirmed by some means?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
When the Survivor is the one trying to figure this poo poo out you know something has gone wrong.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If Gulag is telling the truth, though, that means someone tried to kill Slam. We haven't seen any roleblocks or anything that I can recall so I'm not really seeing why Flam is the pick here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Like in my mind it's logically either Flam or Gulag today, and if Gulag is telling the truth it's not Flam, and if Gulag is lying then it kind of has to be him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

GulagDolls posted:

The man literally yelled lynch Pmach immediately after night dropped yesterday. That's a town action or scum playing 4th dimensional chess.

Asiina posted:

There's probably 1 scum left? Maybe 2?

I'm fairly certain it's two. The janitor can't be explained any other way and works in theme with hero robots. (Either Auto or Roll)

This is what's currently going on in the game.

Anyway, time to end this silliness

##Crash Somber

I lied about not having weapon energy yesterday to keep myself from being targetted. If stickup didn't lie about the track result then a shot at Somber kills Flamander. A shot at Flamander kills stickup. Given I believe stickup isn't lying I want to keep the guy I think is most likely to be town alive.

If Flam flips scum we lynch Gulag.

• Locked thread