Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flamander
May 4, 2009
I'm joining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009

There's a shark in that video. The DOS games have Shark Man, and the DOS games were bad. Therefore... you must be bad!

##vote Infinitum

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Asiina posted:

I am absolutely serious about my content game btw and would like everyone to answer.

i'd probably shoot completely at random, and end up hitting, like, slamburger, or someone.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Asiina posted:

This one is weird.

Well, no lying, this is my first SA mafia game. Still getting the hang of it. So yeah.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Moat's definitely a safe bet to vote, I reckon now, with him jumping the gun like that. I'm gonna jump on the moat boat.

##vote Moat

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Okay. After a while of observing the posts, I've decided. The most scummy one here is probably Byers because rolecop shenanigans. I don't think Cpig is worth voting for - seriously, it's just a massive bandwagon from what I can see, and I can believe that Epsilon+ forgot to tell AnonNarc about his Weapon Energy.

##vote Byers

Flamander
May 4, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

When I said who would you vig I said I planned on shooting cpig. It was pmom being an rear end in a top hat that caused me to switch. Also I think he's scum. But more that he's an rear end in a top hat. If you want to vote out town, fine. Turns out I hate playing mafia and I much prefer modding and need to stop signing up for games

Alright, well, if you don't like this and want to stop playing, that's fine. Here, I'll even help!

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Okay.

Let me explain my thought processes to you. The first point I'm going to make is that I'm a newb, alright? My very first mafia game. This means I have no knowledge of anyone around here - to be honest, joining this game was an impulse decision, because I was bored. This means I don't have exactly a lot of reason to actually post past jokeposting and just agreeing with other people. The second point is that ANarc was going to be voted out at 9 votes out of 10 anyways. So, I wanted to speed the process up.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

In that case, in the worst case I vote you out of a game that you're not enjoying and best case you're scum putting on an act.

I was looking at that Tea vote, and I thought that the first part seemed especially fair. If you don't want to play, then you should be voted off, or killed by some other means. Otherwise, later on, when there isn't so many players, and you're still not active, you might stagnate the game, right? Since this is my first mafia game, the next step was that I thought might as well chip in with the reason I did, seeing as that specific point was a point that I agreed with. It was me picking the wrong reason to vote off the person that half the thread were voting.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Slamburger posted:

Flamander, stop hiding behind the fact that you're new and just post more about who you think the scum are and why. Don't worry if you have no knowledge of people (I think meta cases are 99% garbage anyways -- its fair to say "this player always posts nonsense so don't take anything he says seriously" but when it comes down to alignment meta reads they are almost always just anecdotal shots in the dark). Just post some reads and tell us why. If your reasoning is bad, that's where its OK to be new and people will cut you some slack. But to be too reluctant to post any reads (while understandable) is not excusable. Make some scum picks. If you only feel like you're able to agree with other people's ideas, just do that. Let us know whose opinions you agree with.

ALRIGHT.

TOWN BROS:

Inf - Inf has Stump, so he's town, as we know Woodman isn't dead, and Woodman is a Robot Master.
Yorkshire - Same as above. WE KNOW HE'S TOWN.
Propaganda Machine, Asiina, Dugong, Stickup, Slamburger, Flamander - Most of their posts have been arguments for or against certain things, or jokeposting. Not CONFIRMED, but at least some are town. They could also be scum, though.
RetroFuturist - Scummy behaviour, but is apparently tired and has a fever. It could just be a coincidence, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

SCUM USERS:

Poque - Claimed to swap weapon energy. Possibly town, but if Mac is actually Plug Man, then he's scum.
Little Mac - Fakeclaimed as Plug Man once.

Little Mac posted:

Hi I'm plug man and I sent anon a weapon energy last night

##vote anon

GulagDolls - Fakeclaimed to be an (unknown) Rolecop. Byers was a Rolecop, and I don't think that Epsilon Plus would have added two Rolecops. It'd be redundant, and it'd be funner for there to be more variety.
PMom - Actively going and calling others out, so either town, or scum who's playing a game. Tempted to think scum??? Maybe I'm just theorizing too hard.

CAN'T SUSPECT:

IllegallySober - ZERO POSTS.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

We know LM is town: he gave energy to a townie (Anarc), which she confirmed.

Can I have a quote on that, please, because I'm not seeing it.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Poque posted:

Why is Plug Man a fake claim?

LM's claim has no bearing on the alignment of my own, we do two different things.

Oh. Yep, just re-checked. Thought you two were the same sort of role (exchange energy), but apparently Mac generates energy on his own?

Flamander
May 4, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

I didn't claim rolecop bitch

GulagDolls posted:

I used opposite of daycop, nightcop, upon cpig, and got result of bad robot.

Nightcop = rolecop.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Poque posted:

Nightcop is a cop that investigates alignment during nightphase

also sorry that your first game involves both imgay and Gulag

Ah, alright. Thanks for the heads-up. Guess that just leaves on my list of potential could-be scummy peeps that I'm willing to judge as Pmom and IllegallySober, then.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Poque posted:

I mean you shouldn't really remove me outright, just not on the back of LM's claim

Right, so, for example, because you could potentially be supplying any of the scum at any time? Got it.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Oh poo poo. OK, OK... yeah, um... welp. Voting Somberbrero, because I have no idea what the hell he is. Could be scum, could be third-party. He's new, so I dunno.

...Might as well reveal my role now, anyways. Most people have. I'm Top Man, Robot Master Bodyguard.

##vote Somberbrero

Flamander
May 4, 2009

IllegallySober posted:

Who have you chosen to bodyguard so far this game?

AnonymousNarcotics, first night as a random pick. Asiina on the second night because he was like 'don't bully the new guy' on the first day and also I couldn't think of anyone else without just randomly picking again.

this is a stickup posted:

why him over gulag though? gulag also claimed cop and while I accept 1) there probably are multiples of x role, 2) gulag always posts like this, was there anything in particular that pulls you away from gulag, rather than to flamander?

Alright, just actually googled Fake Man, he's TECHNICALLY a Wily robot master, but not by number. Could be a jailer, or third party. Changing my vote over to Quidthulhu, but only because he hasn't posted much of value, and there isn't many other alternatives.

##vote Quidthulhu

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Hey guys, just reminding everyone of this Inf quote.

Infinitum posted:

Sent Poque a PM to see if he's about. If he is I'll consider stumping him. No point wasting a stump for someone who isn't about.

If not I'm going to bed soon and probably going to miss deadline (And my vote is still Pmachine) :toot:

Poque's assistance isn't necessarily assured, guys and gals. Even Inf himself stated that whoever has vig (Yorkshire) should just shoot. If Inf is town, we can trust him to make the right decisions.

Infinitum posted:

Don't listen to PMom. Grow a set and shoot someone. This is a game, not something that needs to be taken seriously :colbert:

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

loooooooooooooool

A reminder that this is my first game of Mafia, and as such, wouldn't have an understanding of how everyone usually plays apart from this game, PMom.

As to why I said 'if Inf is town'? We don't know Inf's flavor, and we only know his role. Therefore, it's possible that he could be third-party, town, or scum.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Flamander posted:

A reminder that this is my first game of Mafia, and as such, wouldn't have an understanding of how everyone usually plays apart from this game, PMom.

As to why I said 'if Inf is town'? We don't know Inf's flavor, and we only know his role. Therefore, it's possible that he could be third-party, town, or scum.

Ah, wait, forgot. Stump's town-only. Inf's got to be Wood Man, then. First point still stands.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

oh my god

I tracked flamander to somber. gulag did you doc somber by any chance

Eh. I got weapon energy last night, and I figured that I might as well bodyguard Somber, since he's probably an Ecco Cop; judging by his flavour and what people have said so far.

I could have picked Yorkshire Tea (assuming that he does have Chain Vig properties), but Somber's probably less self-destructive for the rest of the game in that case, anyways.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

That means that 11 are alive and 3 are confirmed town. If I count myself as town because I know I'm town then we have 4 confirmed.

I /think/ the scum team is four people in size. Megaman, Protoman, Rush and Auto. Auto makes sense as the janitor.

I guess the big question is, Flamander, does your bodyguard effect kill you if you protect someone from death?

No, my effect doesn't kill me if I protect someone from death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd like to know why Flam and Gulag picked their targets

Already said this, but I figured - if Somber is Ecco Cop, then I should probably protect him as he's got a pretty valuable role. I think the only ones who'd even come close would be Inf, who has been questioning me throughout this game; or Yorkshire, who, as I said, would be more of a risky choice due to the possibility of something going wrong with his chainvig (if he even has one).

• Locked thread