Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Ugh two days of d1 posting.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Epsilon Plus

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

iajanus posted:

Oh hey the thread is open

um

ok that was quite a N0...

P. sure two of the deaths are flavour, Slasher Hawke was the only person actually signed up.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Although Slasher Hawke isn't on the player list on page 1 either so maybe it's all fluff?

Also, votefinder has busb as an observer rather than a player which might just be an oversight on gaspy's part.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

I think busb is the one replacing out :(

Ahh gently caress I just saw his post in auspol :(

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
And people thought hambeet's mafia shitposting was bad.

##vote Infinitum

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
For the love of god stop posting

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

Inf is enjoying his stupid role too much to be scum.

Probably true unfortunately :(

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Ahab Itualliar posted:

How likely is wheelie to be a fakeclaim

Like a really solid fakeclaim that's easy to hide behind

No idea, but it's best not to get too wrapped up in the transformers lore claims. Historically gaspy has matched roles to characters but not always in ways you'd expect, and I think he may also provide characters to fakeclaim so they don't overlap with other characters.

One of the previous iterations had a transformer nerd scum (maybe Milky?) taking town for a ride with some obscure theorycrafting about what the people's characters meant regarding likely roles etc.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Hey can the non-Auspol players let us know what timezone you're in?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

It's time to vote! :allears:

We've got a full day.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Hey I reckon Inf should full claim. Thoughts?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Literally nothing could go wrong. Gaspy would in no way design a power that gets more powerful the longer we let it live.

Let it live.

Gaspy doesn't do quirky poo poo like that, that's your deal.

What gaspy does do is give out a bunch of killing powers. I've seen a game with a vig plus one or two others with x-shot vig or vig-like powers.

I figure Inf needs to provide a solid reason to not get shot in the head by a town vig tonight. At the moment he's a liability - he's claimed a role that's of limited town value (and zero town value once scum know about it!), and is massively annoying to boot.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
At the moment Inf is either scum or a useful idiot for scum to keep around.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
And to be honest I'm leaning heavily towards useful idiot for a couple of reasons. But currently he has zero value for town.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

How so? His posts might be annoying and all, but if he's town his powers could be helpful enough to make the annoyance well worth it.

It's a transformers game, everyone has powers. At the moment the only thing he's done is claim a role that has marginal town utility at the best of times and that drops to zero town utility once claimed.

Inf has bought himself lynch immunity through his claim, and probably nk immunity by pissing off enough townies to keep him around. But a vague promise of hidden extra powers down the track isn't worth the days of distraction and idiocy he's gonna bring to the game. At this point I'd much prefer he gets vigged.

Which brings me back to asking him to full claim. If he demonstrates he has value to the team there are then better options for vigging. But if not, put a bullet in his head tonight and be done with it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Or scum are scared of a super charged up laser shitposter that could be a threat so want a full claim now so they know what the gently caress is behind all the rhyming and if it's worth night killing or day vigging it.

Minor point but from what Inf has posted so far he's got "toys" to use, not some kind of charging super weapon.

And gently caress you for making me read his pays again, it sticked enough the first time.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

We need to talk about how many games we've been in where we've hung a cop or something cool day 1.

What? No we don't.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Inf if you're such a mafia superstar explain why you roleclaimed a double lynch bomb when you were less than halfway to getting lynched with a day and a half to hammer?

How was that in any way useful to town?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

MysticalMachineGun posted:

This is my concern but posters tend to come out of the woodwork around hammer

I'm around.

##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

to all unvote, apparently

My vote was still on Infinitum but I reckon testing his double lynch bomb claim isn't worth the risk on d1. That said, I wouldn't shed a tear if he gets offed tonight.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote mmg

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Oh check it out someone's double voting for Inf.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm. I would've thought MMG was most likely responsible for that, but since he's the other main lynch option, I don't know why he wouldn't just go ahead and claim that in his defense since it's such a townie power.

Or use it to sidestep the fallout of a lynch on Inf by putting the last two votes on. Is double voting usually an x-shot thing?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Coq au Nandos posted:

Oh wait haha I think I can safely test Infinitum's lynchbomb claim without dying, on reading my PM again. If we want to line him up, I'll hammer.

##unvote

Ugh I don't feel comfortable about this.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

A list of users that are lurking
If they're not voting they must be jerking

...that's actually useful.

Get on board non-voters.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

His rhymes were terrible, his gaze was steely;
Now he's dead, goodbye WHEELIE

Infinitum was killed N1 (Wheelie, Town Autobot PR-Afflicted Lynchbomb / Responsible Gun Owner)

Day 2 begins

And nothing of value was lost.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Oh so um I'm going in for surgery in about two hours so I'll be not really worth it until tonight then endone-posting for the remainder of the game day.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
*with it.

Before I go, weird choice of night kills. Having mmg and Inf's alignment helps quite a bit. That takes *some* of the stink off the non-voters yesterday I guess.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote bowmore

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Coq au Nandos posted:

gently caress it, test all claims

Will put a vote on for coq once votefinder is sorted.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Coq au Nandos posted:

Shhhhhh, go back to sleep

I'm feeling pretty drat great at the moment while the proper painkillers are running their course. Standing up isn't a great idea, but thankfully shitposting doesn't require me to leave the bed!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

what was up with your vote, anyway? You did something similar at the start of D1.

Mostly just wanting to encourage people to post (aka the hambeet method). Also, bowmore was the only person to not put down a single vote on d1. That's not wholly out of character for bowmore but it's unhelpful for town.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Wanted to mention before I slept I made up the result but think coq is the vote for his response to it

It's why I voted later etc god bless

This loving game

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Ahab Itualliar posted:

Lynch all liars

##vote Jonathan fisk

I read coq as genuine and highly irritated town, I read Fisk as trying to get a clean sweep of town after we've already lost so many.

Re: bolded part, relax - we're not at the point of the game where this would be viable.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Nobody got anything else to talk about? I'm gonna laugh pretty hard if Fisk genuinely rolled a cop and isn't just playing at gambits to sound clever, but that was a pretty bad reaction from Coq. I'd vote him.

Or Anidav.

This is a weird thing to say well before Fisk admitted to faking his investigation. Does he have a history of doing that?

As always, if you're town, lying is usually a pretty dumb thing to do. Lying about being a cop is doubly idiotic, since it has the potential for our actual cop to step forward and counter claim.

I'm surprised you've just shrugged it off too Bif.

This loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Moatillata posted:

This is true imgay keeps it 100

:murder:
##vote tinthin
:murder:

What's your thinking with this vote?

• Locked thread