Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

i like gobots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

pew pew

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Oh hey the thread is open

um

ok that was quite a N0...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Inf has been forced to think before he posts for the first time in... hell, forever

I don't know if I like this brave new world we find ourselves in.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Stop posting LNP policy here

I think there're plenty of Aussies they'd be fine with shooting.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tirade posted:

P. sure two of the deaths are flavour, Slasher Hawke was the only person actually signed up.

ok I was hoping that but hadn't checked. would be a little unfair otherwise

(but very funny)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

you're probably pissed

i wish i was rather that stuck at work

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

At this stage I'm happy to keep Inf around to see what his deal is.

I'm fine with lurker lynching. Hiip and Fisk are the current lowest candidates.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It'll be very out of character.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

At this point I think we have no way of knowing if Inf's telling the truth or is pulling off a very elaborate deception. I'm not going to volunteer to test his lynchbomb threat, since I think at this point either we a) learn he was telling the truth and lose two town (presumably) or b) get lucky and find out he was lying and putting himself out there in a very suicidal fashion. I wouldn't be shocked that if Inf really is scum he actually has some sort of lynchbomb, as it would explain why as scum he's trying so hard to keep himself in the headlines. I'm not sure whether that sort of thing is "fair" in this sort of mafia, though - does it seem like it would be too unbalanced for town to give scum that kind of signoff?

Either way, I'm comitted to killing a lurker rather than Inf since at this stage the risk far outweighs the reward, and nobody else has given any particular reason to be suspected. There's plenty of time, though, so I'm holding off voting to give everyone time to post.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Does that include me and Mills? Or no opinion there on our exchange?

I hadn't recalled anything that stood out in my memory as particularly concerning, but I've slept three hours in the last two nights so I may well have glossed over something. I'm working now and sculling coffee so when I get a sec I'll reread and post my thoughts.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

##postcount

code:
Infinitum 	55
Anidav 	28
MysticalMachineGun 	25
Bifauxnen 	24
Mills 	17
Ahab Itualliar 	16
tithin 	13
iajanus 	11
Tirade 	11
Kashuno 	10
Asphyxious 	9
chaoslord 	8
bowmore 	7
Jonathan Fisk 	7
Tommunist 	6
Coq au Nandos 	5
imgay 	5
Epsilon Plus 	5
SirSamVimes 	4
Moatillata 	3
HiipFire 	3
We got some lurkers here, for sure. Based on timezones Coq would be most suss as he has no being in the US excuse.

I'm not sure of a lot of the timezones - where are the bottom 5 or 6 people located?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know yet if Mills' intentions are bad but iajanus showing up to pretty much paraphrase my lurker opinion after all that makes me nervous

OK, going back through the thread, I may be misreading this but you and mills did a quick "vote Bif" "hi Mills" and then nothing, then I said I'd be Ok with lynching a lurker like Hiip or Fisk (all on page 4), then you came out on the next page and said that you'd be fine with lynching Hiip rather than Mills or Tith. ( I can go back to get the quotes if you want but I'm in a bit of a rush).

Are you intentionally misremembering the order of the conversation or should I be getting suspicious? Sorry if I'm mistaken.

I still don't think there's anything suspicious about your exchange but your latest comment is a bit more intriguing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I had to go back and look cause I thought you just hadn't read our latest posts but you're right, you'd already mentioned it on page 4. I forgot about it in the ensuing tsunami of Inf posts and Mills acting like I was the only one who was suss for it.

No worries, it's been a nightmare trying to get my head around Inf's purported PR and the usual D1 noise. I'm tempted to have a nap at lunch to see if that helps :v:

Bifauxnen posted:

also, my suggestion of Hiip was not taken from checking who had the literal lowest postcounts or meant to back up your suggestion, but from my personal experience of knowing that even if he does post a lot, half of those posts may just be "ey yo its ya boy"

I remember that from a couple of previous games, which was why I was happy to namedrop him when I saw he was down the bottom of the count. I figured it might kick him into gear, at least (and hopefully with something meaningful).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

tithin posted:

Holy poo poo, Anidav just made an enemy for life

murder for real at the next brisgoonmeet

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mills posted:

Bold is mine for emphasis. I would seriously ask everyone who is town to think about whether they would explain the situation this way. I can't see myself throwing the word presumably on the end when my setup assumptions are that 1. Inf is town (based on what he just wrote), 2. I am town. It's an over-wrought, over-worded explanation from someone over-thinking an attempt to post "content".

Wow, you go to sleep for an hour and when you come back there's a shitload of posts and you're the new target de jure. Wonderful.

I would seriously ask anyone who's played with me before if this is my normal posting style. Yes, I'm idiotically verbose, but that's just me. I used the word "presumably" because I'm guessing scum wouldn't be dumb enough to be caught in the potential blast of Inf's explosion, but they might try to push the vote carefully anyway to get rid of a couple of extra town.

tithin posted:

I dislike this.

Early game lurker kills favor scum disproportionately.

They're lazy and almost always pushed to save a scum

The conclusion is wrong, although you're right with regard to the fact that there's higher odds of hitting town (purely because there are more of them out there). It makes no sense for all of the scum to be talkative early, and it makes a lot of sense to try and sneak through at least one member of the team without them saying anything incriminating. I'd be very surprised if one of the scum isn't hiding at the bottom of the list somewhere - hell, if it's anything like the last few games I've played when we get to read the scumdoc there'll be one person completely silent with everyone else screaming at them to show up and contribute.

Mills posted:

It's time to vote! :allears:

Ahab Itualliar posted:

In that case I say it is survival of the fittest.

I am suspicious of Mills, now, since he's come out of nowhere to push a claim on me which Ahab jumped to agree with, then tried to make it keep rolling by implying to everyone that it's almost lynch time, again with Ahab following closely behind. When he was told that there was still a full day of time to go, he just sailed on by and kept just pushing the case on me, with no details and no acknowledgment of the fact that his lie/mistake was called out.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I actually agree with this
Come here Mills I'll give you a kiss

Anyone willing to sacrifice town
Would indeed be a giant clown

Currently voting scumbo MMG
But would vote him easily

Where did I say I want to sacrifice town? I said that given your lynchbomb threat it's very unlikely that scum would be dumb enough to risk putting themselves in the blast radius, and later that I'd be happier to vote a lurker since I'm not getting a good read on anyone and believe that there's a decent chance that one of the lurkers is scum, based on prior experience with scum having one or more people talking heaps, letting someone sneak through without drawing attention to themselves (and misdirecting as necessary). As such, I think there's a decent chance of catching one scum hiding in the bottom group, with the negative result being someone who isn't posting anyway. Given no more attractive options that's where I'm voting for now.

I note that Mills completely ignored my point about him and Ahab having a double team act of first focusing the attention on me, and then pretending hammertime was near to try to keep up the attack. Whilst it could be an accident, I'm marking it as suspicious since he never tried to explain or correct himself.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mills posted:

Yes. Let's try to link two unflipped players as scum with no information other than that they both suspect a third person. A stellar idea. Please tell me more. :allears:

Still ignoring the question about insinuating it was hammer time a day early?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Link the post
This time don't ghost

Sorry, am on my phone at a client. I'll quote it when I'm back off site in twenty minutes or so.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mills posted:

It's time to vote! :allears:

This was 45 minutes before "hammer time (minus one day)". All of the original mills posts about me came within 1.25 hours of the purported time, which seems to me to be a pretty big push to get a quick vote on me. When the real time was pointed out mills disappeared for a while except to just tell taste to vote for me (shortly after being told about the time).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I still think MMG is a better choice
If we lynched him I'd rejoice

Hard to make a case as such
Underneath this PR crutch

But from iajanus I wish to see a claim
Because I enjoy the pressure vote game

##vote iajanus

Sure. After another night with 2 hours of sleep I'm nowhere near the right headspace to try to argue properly and I don't really care since it's D1. Feel free to vote me out, although it isn't great for town if you do.

I'm Megatron, 3P deposed leader of the Decepticons. My entire raison d'etre is to hunt down and kill Starscream as retaliation for being ousted. Each night I get to name a target, and if it's him I shoot him and win the game. If it's not, nothing happens. I assume Starscream is scum.

ITT AMA about being the deposed head of the evil team!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Whoops, missed that if I hammer him I also win.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And unusually for 3P I don't win just for making it to the end.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

how come you haven't voted Anidav then :cheeky:

lol i'm too tired to work out if this was a joke or if I'm missing some glaring clue :tootzzz:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mills posted:

So basically what I said about you not being town because of the way you wrote that post was prettttttttty good. :shrug:

Not really, since that's how I always post :v:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Regarding iajanus, don't forget that Megatron becomes Galvatron and then murders Starscream, so there may be more to his role he's not telling us or he doesn't know.
If there is, there's literally nothing in my role PM that hints at it. It literally says that my win condition is to either kill Starscream at night or hammer him, and that my power is that I get to look at one person per night who gets shot if they're him (but I don't get any other information).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

Wait your night power is just looking at people but only identifying Starscream?

Sounds 3rd party as gently caress.

Yeah; paraphrasing the PM each night I can check out a player; if they are Starscream I shoot them. I then get my 3P win condition which (as I've mentioned) says that if I kill him or hammer him then I win. No other ways to win, like surviving :(. If someone else kills him I get to float around like a sad robot.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

So we can't use you as, say a sad Starscream obsessed cop?

Well, yes. Until he dies, when either I won the game or am totally useless (except for helping with logical deductions).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I don't really have a strong opinion between MMG or Inf but I'd like to hammer whomever is on the block in case I get lucky and win the game D1 (although maybe not Inf since that may well be suicide).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

mafiaedit: whoever

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ahab Itualliar posted:

No you had it right the first time.

and you're right, I shouldn't have second guessed myself :)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I'm sad to say I must go
But don't worry about a deadline no-show

I'll be gone for an hour or two
As I've got a job interview

Good luck, but god drat you for making me parse this as a limerick that's missing the last line infuriatingly.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm happier to vote Fisk rather than MMG but will hammer either as a chance to get lucky with Starscream and avoid a nolynch.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Well, with you and me that brings it to 7 for MMG, which is closer than I'd assume we'll get in the next 1.5 hours for Fisk. I guess we'll see if more people show up.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've seen double voting being both scum and town but more often scum.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm here and definitely voting, I just want to be last for my chance to get starscream.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK, leaving as late as possible to see if anyone else is voting...

##vote MMG

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

as if being in hospital is any excuse for neglecting your auspolformer duties

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As might be surmised from me not getting an awesome post saying I won the game (and no death for my target) I did not find Starscream last night. Not sure if I should post my target but they're now cleared from Starscream suspicion from me (although obviously could still be scum).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

Ok so your result is a star or not star result with no indication of alignment.

Hilarious

From all the info I have it's basically WIN THE GAME or nothing at all. Although in this case I got that the action failed, so I'm not 100% sure if that's just what it's called when I miss Starscream or someone interfered with me. I guess I'll learn if that's the standard response as time goes on.

• Locked thread