Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

internet celebrity posted:

, . Some of the hardest levels ate up like 30-50 lives....

That loving timed vertical walljump level, right?

I died more times and got more tilted playing it than 3 loving playthroughs of lies of p, and then when I finally beat it I didn't quite top out the flagpole so I had to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I'm playing this Kenshi game and I feel like there's something fun here, but I just haven't found it yet. I'm just kind of finding towns and getting beat up by dudes.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I'm playing this Kenshi game and I feel like there's something fun here, but I just haven't found it yet. I'm just kind of finding towns and getting beat up by dudes.

I put in a hundred hours in Kenshi and it made me finally sort of understand how some people enjoy being repeatedly kicked in the balls.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

yeah thats pretty normal. the great thing about Kenshi is getting your rear end kicked repeatedly is just another method of becoming stronger.

consider doing a slave start, it actually ends up being one of the easier starts because being a slave gives you lots of opportunities to train strength, toughness, stealth, and lockpicking while not having to worry about starvation so that by the time you're ready to plan your escape you'll have some pretty good stats

leading enemies to the city guards and scavenging their corpses and stealing from shops are great ways to get money and gear early game too.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

credburn posted:

I put in a hundred hours in Kenshi and it made me finally sort of understand how some people enjoy being repeatedly kicked in the balls.

This lets play is how I realised it's a really cool idea that I will likely never ever play.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024
I usually start kenshi by mining copper and then slowly starting smithing.

Kenshi is less of a rpg and more of a colony management game. Kinda like dorf but adventure mode is not a separate gamemode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Breetai posted:

That loving timed vertical walljump level, right?

I died more times and got more tilted playing it than 3 loving playthroughs of lies of p, and then when I finally beat it I didn't quite top out the flagpole so I had to do it again.

Yep. That, and the one where you're sideways and being bombarded from the background, that one annoyed me more because of the RNG for the bombs breaking the walls. At least once I got the wall jump levels down I could do them consistently.