Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Grogquock posted:

This was me in Wow original approximately 7 million years ago. I wonder how many players last moments were in Lower Blackrock Spire.

lol i played vanilla and quit at 55 because everynoe at the end game complained about it, it was a grind to get to 60 w no quests and all level 60s did was whine, complain, and grief

then i played wow classic and its marginally better than vanilla wow but i still quit at 59 while gearing up and doing black spires poo poo. i thin kthe only truly fun part of wow classic was massing some place as a guild until alliance organized enough to kick us out

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Never kill a fox in a video game.

All the foxes in Zelda:BOTW

The foxes in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

there should be a penalty

people were begging for them to add fox people to wow all during the 2 months i played bfa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol blizz wants to charge full box price for Burning Crusade Classic

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Khanstant posted:

lol i played vanilla and quit at 55 because everynoe at the end game complained about it, it was a grind to get to 60 w no quests and all level 60s did was whine, complain, and grief

then i played wow classic and its marginally better than vanilla wow but i still quit at 59 while gearing up and doing black spires poo poo. i thin kthe only truly fun part of wow classic was massing some place as a guild until alliance organized enough to kick us out

people were begging for them to add fox people to wow all during the 2 months i played bfa

yeah, I still have PTSD from grinding yeti's for what seemed like 20 hours trying to get to 60, no idea why I thought that was aspirational. a lot of the rest of it was pretty fun though. in a being addicted to drugs way.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lodin posted:

gently caress off, it's TIE Fighter.

Also, since people mentioned I Have No Mouth I have to repost this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwfpVRVWlo

Here's an unpopular videogame opinion for ya: Gamers have developed collective rose-tinted glasses for TIE Fighter. I loved the hell out of that game and X-Wing as a kid but I tried to play it again and holey moley that game sucks

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Khanstant posted:

fox people were eventually added for horde. Alliance got something far worse.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Zil posted:

Libertarians?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

Libertarians?

LOL. Racials: explain age of consent laws, complain about fiat currency, free travel, secretly vote for Republicans.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zil posted:

oh no robot toddlers

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
still waiting for them to add the tinkmaster hero from wc3, i already have a goblin engineer u know its not the fucknig same

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

Libertarians?

Speaking of, today is the day that libertarians aren’t interested in EVE Online anymore.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Speaking of, today is the day that libertarians aren’t interested in EVE Online anymore.

Did EVE finally make it bannable to be an out-and-proud Nazi?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

QuarkJets posted:

Did EVE finally make it bannable to be an out-and-proud Nazi?

Release date: May 6, 2003

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Yes and people loved it, probably because it was so chill. Everything was sort of "naturalistic" so Jedi characters were rare and could only be accomplished through a labyrinthine series of quests/tasks, as opposed to "roll Jedi toon," and it opened up a new aspect of interaction with other players, in that you would be on a PVP list for bounty hunters, but only if you used Jedi powers in public.

https://swg.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_(pre-NGE)#Becoming_a_Jedi

In reality, what happened is that for a lot of people, relying on other people for basic functions ended up being clunky for people who wanted to make numbers go up and do things, and the lack of a jedi experience for most people ran a lot of star wars fans off. There were good reasons to go to the NGE, it just didn't work out the way anyone hoped.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

In Red dead 2 foxes are effectively magnetized to horse hooves. Ride through some bushes and you're hear either fox or rabbit "heartbreaking_deathsound.wav"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ubisoft can’t resist the smell of that sweet, sweet Battle Royale money…

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1390504912178454531

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

Panzeh posted:

In reality, what happened is that for a lot of people, relying on other people for basic functions ended up being clunky for people who wanted to make numbers go up and do things, and the lack of a jedi experience for most people ran a lot of star wars fans off. There were good reasons to go to the NGE, it just didn't work out the way anyone hoped.

Plus, the mystery and promise of the quest of Jedi was a lot more romantic than reality. You basically grind jobs randomly until you grind crystals that tell you which job to grind and level up next.

Here's a neat blog from one of the guys who worked on the game. Goes over what they wanted for Jedi, and some of the realities and what ended up happening: https://www.raphkoster.com/2015/04/16/a-jedi-saga/#more-25524

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Flannelette posted:

In Red dead 2 foxes are effectively magnetized to horse hooves. Ride through some bushes and you're hear either fox or rabbit "heartbreaking_deathsound.wav"

Yeah and BOTW, you hit foxes just because. They become meat. It's a challenge dodging them.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

There are cool foxes in ghost of tsushima

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

fridge corn posted:

There are cool foxes in ghost of tsushima

I need to check that out.

E: oh that's a playstation only, I'm on steam and switch

BaldDwarfOnPCP fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 7, 2021

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I used a trainer instead of killing the foxes in Horizon: Zero Dawn.

E: And my win rate against kunimitsu in Tekken 7 is also poor because I dislike hitting fox related women and absolutely no other reason at all.

tight aspirations fucked around with this message at 10:57 on May 7, 2021

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

powerful furry vibes itt right now

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
God bless videogame culture in 2021, why spend £60 and 8 hours of your life playing the new resident evil when you can just half watch a twitch steamer run through it in one sitting while working from home.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Caesar Saladin posted:

furries always choose wolf or fox, it is known

however, england has a disgusting history of killing foxes for sport

they quit that recently so good on them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRh9rzqvdI

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

God bless videogame culture in 2021, why spend £60 and 8 hours of your life playing the new resident evil when you can just half watch a twitch steamer run through it in one sitting while working from home.

Because it's not a very good game.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Flannelette posted:

It looks fantastic and i really enjoyed 2 thirds of re7 but man that 60 quid in the bank feels so much better yum yum.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Flannelette posted:

it looks good to me

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I need to check that out.

E: oh that's a playstation only, I'm on steam and switch

You have my sympathies

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I wanted to play RE8 until I got to the part in the demo where you're slowly moving forward to see the invincible chaser enemy leave the room unaware of your presence and hey I've played this game already with the 3D models switched

and the merchant referencing ARE YOU BUYIN was a bit eyerolly

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

the furries won the culture war. we are all furries now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only invincible chaser I've ever liked is Mr. X in Resident Evil 2 Remake. Unlike the others he's not the primary challenge, he's not a one hit kill, he obeys simple rules, you don't need to hide from him, you already have mastered the layout of the area he spawns into and once you finish that zone thats it, you're done you never go back and deal with him again (unless Leon in which case you get a like 2 room chase with him)

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

england has a disgusting history of killing foxes for sport

they quit that recently so good on them

It was banned, but the only people that hunt foxes are rich white people so the ban is completely ignored and nobody will ever be prosecuted.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lmao the ending boss of re8 is hilarious. Spoiling for courtesy....

some crazy trapper keeper mutant turns into a big metal robot and you are in a tank shooting him with machine guns and the game literally puts up a prompt telling you to use the tanks missile launcher whenever its needed, then when he blows up the tank he just listly sits there throwing out one liners expecting you to shoot him in the head until the inevitable QuickTime event.

Are game designers even trying anymore?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Quote-Unquote posted:

It was banned, but the only people that hunt foxes are rich white people so the ban is completely ignored and nobody will ever be prosecuted.

yuck

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Playing RE for the story, smdhing my drat head over here

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Armitag3 posted:

Playing RE for the story, smdhing my drat head over here

How did you enjoy RE7? I kinda burned out on it.

Probably going to by the sequel but I'm a chump like that

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Honestly the end of re7 is so awful, proper "turned to dust in my hands" level

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Is 7 the one where you go to the house of a thousand corpses to get your gf after she tells you not to?

That one gave my wife motion sickness so stopped playing it. Right up until the dad was chasing me around the house it was really cool and spooky, but then at that point I couldn't find the hatch in the floor for a bit, and it was just SUPER loving frustrating having him lumbering around, and all the fear factor dropped out the floor.

I thought the scene with the car in the garage was cool. Very typical 'rolleyes horror' stuff, but in a good way. I can see it had the potential to be a really awesome fun romp.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Probably going to by the sequel but I'm a chump like that
The mansion portion, once it opened up, was probably the closest thing to classic re we had gotten since 0 in 2002, even with the flaws and annoyances the game had it was an upturn compared to 5 and 6..

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst "feeling" games I've ever played. Not in a way that made it unenjoyable, just it felt like schoolchildren programmed it or something. I dunno. Its pretty low quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

!Klams posted:

That one gave my wife motion sickness so stopped playing it.

RE7 and RE8 have the FOV of a small dog cone and the pan speed of a dead tugboat. Need to use mods to make it playable.

Edit: It's also probably the reason why you couldn't find that hatch.