Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Homestar Runner posted:

DKC 3: Dixie's Double Trouble was better than DKC 1-2

Super Mario World > Super Mario Bros 3

Eliminator Boat Duel (NES) is an 8-bit masterpiece and if you ain't played it well gently caress you buddy

Wrong

True

Cobra Triangle is much better, with better music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grKL3u4-F0w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I was gonna say that Kefka was the first Final Fantasy villain with an actual personality beyond "I'm evil and want to destroy the world for reasons," but then I remembered how in FF2 or 3 you kill the big evil emperor and then he just goes and becomes the emperor of hell instead which kind of owns

Though Kefka is one of the only villians in the early FF to basically be the big bad for ALL the game, Goblez has an interesting story for 4. Not mind blowing or anything, but it was cool playing it when I was a kid.

Kefka is the villian that should be held up as the best though. Sephiroth was a chump compared to Kefka.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

Magnitogorsk. posted:

how many more games before FromSoft finally adds a "Quit to Desktop" option?

I just started playing Assassins Creed Origins, and it shocked me that it had a quit to desktop option. I never thought an Assassins Creed game would ever give me the freedom of quitting a game now and not 10 minutes from now.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

Justin Godscock posted:

Far Cry 5 is fun if you live in a conservative area and hate it. Then the game becomes cathartic as all hell.

I'd agree if they actually had the guts to make it an evangelical conservative cult. I unashamedly love the far cry games, but that game was ruined with its "apolitical" BS.

New Dawn had some great stuff like the expeditions, so I actually enjoyed my time with it, though I'll never play it again.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

Olaf The Stout posted:

It's not? Seemed like this was heavily teased from the marketing. I haven't played farcry 5 yet.

I figure they were doing a Rockstar-esque creating controversy for the sake of publicity, but it was heavily implied that it was a white evangelical cult. The promo shot they had was the last supper homage with the leader and his family, pretty much just saying white evangelicals.

Right as the game starts up, you are sure that is not the case, it's not christian, it's not white supremacy, it's just a (possibly) magical cult.

I'd be more interested in the former than the latter.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/27/17165252/far-cry-5-story-characters I know it's Polygon, but there were a lot of articles at the time, and this one sums up how I feel as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

Barudak posted:

It is on gamepass console, not sure if gamepass Pc

It isn't, at least in Canada. Gamepass has been good to me, but that's one of the ones I'm sad isn't on both.

Rare Replay/Perfect Dark not being on there are the other ones.

I really want to try Remnant, but I'm a single player kinda person and it does seem multiplayer focused.