Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

PyPy posted:

SimAnt was fun.

SimAnt was the best SimX game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Dragon Age 2 is the only truly great video game with a plot.

The Phoenix Wright series and Zero Escape series would also be included, but I think considering them "games" is honestly kind of a stretch. I love them, but honestly I basically think they're books.

The first Zero Escape game doesn't function as a book, since its big twist can only work by building on the interaction that you, the player, get accustomed to throughout the game. The rest are books, yeah.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and Morrowind are two of the worst games ever made. The fact that no one plays them without mods that massively overhaul core mechanics is proof of this.

STALKER 1 is perfectly fine out of the box. The sequels are straight up broken garbage that require mods and fan patches to be playable for more than a few hours before fatal crashes set in - I think you couldn't play Clear Sky out of the box because there was a 95% chance you wouldn't be able to leave the first area. Like, you had to complete everything in the first area, then go to the exit and hope you were allowed to leave, or else you had to start a new file and repeat. Quality.

Morrowind is old as gently caress and needs patches because people had tiny square monitors back in 2002 and 1080p is nice to look at, and if you're doing a bunch of fan patches you might as well add some mods to make it look more modern. It was a fine game out of the box when it came out.

True opinions: Oblivion's quests are better than Skyrim's quests, Oblivion has better combat and magic, and Oblivion's voice acting is better than Skyrim's.

The FPS genre has gone downhill since Hexen.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MageMage posted:

Capcom needs to cut the crap and make MegaMan Legends 3

not unpopular but instead a very correct opinion

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Homestar Runner posted:

Everything about Terranigma (SNES) was blatantly stolen straight out of Chrono Trigger / Illusion of Gaia / Secret of Mana but it's better than those games so lol owned

that was a series of games - Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma

it's kind of natural that it takes stuff from its own prequel

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion around here, but I feel like mentioning that the ending of Bioshock Infinite was insultingly stupid.

It was super garbage. Why not just....convince the dude not to be a dick anymore? Why's he gotta die?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

alpaca diseases posted:

that hitler did something wrong

Saying that you think Nazis are bad and that Nazi sympathizers are bad people has gotten me chat banned in World of Tanks. Very unpopular opinion, that Nazis are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I'm pretty sure Elizabeth was just fed up with babysitting Booker so she made up some excuse to kill him and then went off to have fantastic adventures without that idiot tagging along.