Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Bayonetta was goofy and not that fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

HAT FETISH posted:

Terranigma is the best snes game

I actually really dug that game too.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Evil Zone was a good ps1 fighting game.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Bayonetta is bad. I felt embarrassed playing it.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Holy cow you are allowed to like Bayonetta. I am happy to acknowledge my opinion is unpopular. I actually disliked the gameplay more than anything else. Most of my embarrassment stems from the idea of her being cool and sexy having to be reinforced to me every 30 seconds.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Would your opinion be different if the shirtless hunk had a very small head?

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

western video games have poo poo music, always some ambient four minute synth fart with no melody, i wanna jam along to cool tunes while i run around

The ps1 era had some great music. I think many devs chose to not be so bold with their music after that and it sucks.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Senuas sacrifice is tedious, unfun and in general a terrible experience. Graphics and sound are nice but I am now mad at a video game.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Cool soundtrack and some creatively designed units/creatures/ tiles though.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
I dislike the term gameplay. Gunplay is even worse.

I think it just seems weird to have the verb tacked on like that. Like "hey, did you enjoy that filmview or that foodeat?"

Maybe I'm old and pedantic.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
I feel FPS as a genre is stale. They still follow same formula as earlier 90's FPS- move side to side or use corners to avoid fire - get enemy into centre of screen - click button.
I mean sure, I don't expect bullets to fly out of the screen so I don't really know what I'm asking for here, but I definitely just want them to end usually around the halfway mark whenever I pick one up.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Doom eternal occasionally hits a sweet spot of fun and challenging but it is plagued with design issues.

Environments may feature sweeping vistas but may as well be corridors as they are corridoored by jumping platforms.

Marauders suck.

Doomguy feels more like Batman than doomguy with his assortment of gadgets.

Maybe I'm reaching here...but the adolescent male power fantasy made me a bit nauseous when the only non villain voiced female in the game starts worshipping you as a godlike figure. The other two (khan maker and olivia) are villains that make idiotic deals with demons.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Playing cyberpunk on a 6 year old machine. gtx970, 8gb ram on a hdd...medium settings with medium populated crowds seems okay, even with ambient occlusion on medium. Guess I'm lucky here but I haven't tested frame rates.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Playing a pacifist run (only playthrough) on dishonored was a bit of a disappointment. Not only do you miss out on a fair bit of cool stuff to use, but it's possible to simply run through a lot of areas. I managed to knock out the final boss and carried him back to the boat in the hopes something cool would happen...but ending up having to kill him to proceed.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Big props to whoever recommended the hunter: cotw. It's shooting and gameplay mechanics make for some very satisfying video gaming. Not to mention the wonderful natural scenery.

First game ever I'm quite happy to throw a few dollars at for some maps and guns. The UI needs work though.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Noita is amazing, that's not an unpopular opinion but its super true. I am really bad at it but its fun just jet packing around the early levels, I think it's one of the best procgen games because the differences between seeds are meaningful but it doesn't rely on them.

Hi fellow bad at noita poster. I love it too but drat it's hard as nails. I usually enable changing spells on the fly as it's a fun mechanic I like to play with a lot but I don't know if I'm cheating or whatever.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Very happy to see a lot of positive monster hunter talk in the thread

I finally started Doom eternal tonight and I don't know how I feel about it. Its a fun enough time shooting the enemies and the great glory kill animations but I'm only 2 levels in and there's already been some bad platforming sections and some goofy cutscenes

Yeah...there are plenty more sorry to say. Occasionally it hits a sweet spot but I cannot say I prefer it at all over the last iterations.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
I'm seeing heaps of crytpo game jobs around atm...are scam studios just trying to pump out garbage games with exclusive wands to peddle to whale spenders or some dumb poo poo? Can't quite get my head around it.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
I love the binding of Isaac...It's a tough game I have many achievements in, but getting through a lost run with zero hits or one hit per room just stresses me the gently caress out I can't even think about doing that.

There are always instances of damage that are probably avoidable in theory...but my brain will do stupid things when it's even slightly bored. As well as my weed hosed reaction times...I guess that's my fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
I have zero qualms about trying to shoot anything that moves in a game. Opening scene where an npc is talking- blam! Chickens- bablow! Dinosaurs- kaboom! I mean, it's a game.