Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Homestar Runner posted:

DKC 3: Dixie's Double Trouble was better than DKC 1-2

Super Mario World > Super Mario Bros 3

Eliminator Boat Duel (NES) is an 8-bit masterpiece and if you ain't played it well gently caress you buddy

Wait do people actually think super Mario bros 3 is better than super Mario world? 🤔 🤔 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Fire Emblem is a trash hybrid of dating simulators and extremely simplified tactical combat. I don't know why it's so popular.

That's exactly why it's popular

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

extra stout posted:

shadow of war is already 40 percent off and: i'm not loving buying it

they gotta learn their lesson for scamming

i will not buy the orc killer sequel until it's eight dollars, and i'm actually posting about it because i can't sleep

Same but not because I care about lootboxes or anything retarded like that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Civ5 is the best civ

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The last call of duty I played was modern warfare 2

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Civ 6 has a ton of major problems and so did Civ 5.

I will ABSOLUTELY hold that Civ 4: Beyond the Sword is absolutely the best Civ game. Is this even an unpopular opinion?

Yes because changing the spaces from squares to hexes and getting rid of unit stacking was a massive improvement

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

This is the normal reply but I'm going to call bullshit. Why? Because the AI can't use the hexes right and the multiplayer sucks.

I mean right AT ALL, the AI literally still has no idea how to use a loving hex. So basically they swapped to a tactical hex system over a square system that game itself cannot handle and only the player can exploit and I think it's assss despite liking hexes better.

I'll take squares that the AI knows how to move through.

Meh I never fired up a Civ game for a challenge, it was more of a chill out game for me. I always played on a difficulty where I had to pay attention to what I was doing but was never in any real danger of losing. I was fine with the dumb ai cuz it was fun outwitting it and winning often with inferior forces

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

I just hate spending hours to build up a proper army then face an enemy that sends it's general ahead of it's army followed by 1 swordsman a turn for 3 turns..

Also the AI in Civ 6 has no idea how to tech up and the fact they NEVER drop a grudge makes them intolerable. The fact you can't pacify city happiness is balls. gently caress 5+6.

Turn the difficulty up? 🤔 idk about Civ 6 haven't played it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

To keep with the Diablo theme, Blizzard in general has been complete garbage since the 90's with the exception of Starcraft being sort of fun. actual Warcraft is dead, WOW is the stupidest game I've ever seen, Diablo sucks, and Overwatch is a boring crap shooter that just ripped off another game with the worst fanboys ever, and created fanboys that are somehow even worse.

It's all true

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

dont even fink about it posted:

Zelda III is by far the best Zelda game and Nintendo has never come close to topping the SNES. In fact in many ways they've been getting worse and worse.

:yeah:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

There hasn't been a good jrpg since FF12

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Meme Emulator posted:

Persona 4 and 5, SMT Strange Journey and 4, Maybe Nocturne? I dont know if that was before or after FF12.

None of those games are good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

physical athletes are all doped to the gills anyway so who gives a gently caress about sports anymore e or otherwise

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mandrel posted:

sorry about high school

???

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The core gameplay of the last of us is really bad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

It's actually ridiculously good. I have heard this opinion from others a few times and it's all them being huge scrubs.

i love hiding and sneaking carefully around a group of clickers while my followers run around frantically bumping into everything each other and the clickers themselves but not getting attacked, really helps with the immersion

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fruit on the bottom posted:

Bitcoin killing the pc gaming industry lol

good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I have zero desire to play any Nintendo game whatsoever

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Dyna Soar posted:

here's another one: adults who play games as their main hobby should probably grow up and maybe read a book or something

no i was serious, gone are the glory days of the 90s when video games were fun

I play video games and read books

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

Metal Gear Solid 3 was the peak of the MGS series, in fact, it might be the only good MGS.

ive never played 3 which is maybe why I think all MGS games are bad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mass Effect Andromeda is a good game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

all video games suck. not a single gle one is "good". we've been wasting g are lives

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I'm going to Boston in July. Rather than ask a person what's to do there like a normal human being, I just played Fallout 4 and noted down stuff I wanted to visit IRL. I mean I did some outside research yeah but still.

I will let y'all know about the places in Boston that were improved by the apocalypse. I'm guessing the airport is #1.

BOS has really shite duty free shopping and there's no bars, if you want a drink before your flight you have to be seated like at a restaurant :wtc:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Calling The Last of us terrible is such a stone cold dumbass opinion it could only come from a goon. It's hilarious how many of you are still little contrarian high school edgelords that think hating popular thing x makes you cool. Also, TLOU has killer gameplay.

:thumbsup:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

TLoU has a mediocre story with mediocre gameplay and the only reason ppl think it's good is because of the insanely high production values

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Panzeh posted:

to me this is hilarious coming from people who like poo poo like rpgs lol

"heh, cover shooters" says the person who likes games that are extremely dumbed down versions of strategy games or beat em ups

Have you confused me with someone else cuz uhhh.. ????

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

I'd rather just read a book

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Oldstench posted:

Please get a library card.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

you can still enjoy a game even if it's bad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the only good mass effect character was the green guy with lung cancer or whatever

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I was over at the inlaws the other day and my sister in law got out their old ps2 and was like fridge corn is really good at games, I bet he could beat fur fighters for us, which is some cell shaded 3rd person shooter with colourful cartoon animals and anyway I was like sure but as soon as I started playing it i was like nope no way and put the controller down cuz the control scheme had the look and move sticks reversed and none of the preset control layouts had it set up like every single game in the last 10 years ever. It was literally completely unplayable lol

I guess my unpopular opinion is old games really suck

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Everquest was the only good mmorpg

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

No game can be “overrated” because that means you think too many people think something is good, which isn’t a criticism of the game but of the society the game is released in, and therefore isn’t a reflection of the game or its qualities.

Saying something is “overrated” is shorthand for “I don’t like a popular thing” and that is literally the only information that statement is capable of providing.

Lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

GTA has never been good and GTA Online is the western version of the garbage asian mmos.

The first gta game was good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the navel combat was the worst part of ac3 and I won't play black flag because of it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

signalnoise posted:

You just didn't have the stomach for it.

haha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I like the assassins creed meta plot, not that I think the actual plot is good or well done or anything but as a framing device it is good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Devil may cry seems like another one of those franchises that this forum goes mental over that I'll never give a poo poo about

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

video games are art but they are "low" art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Inverse posted:

I think stories in video games are entirely over rated and I think game balance is the most important part of a game.

Twelve Batmans posted:

Story is very much over-valued in games and people who think games have amazing stories probably don't read or consume anything else with much narrative value.

These are good opinions