Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

People that play non-hardcore Diablo and Diablo-likes are actually small children that would be better off having a calculator and just adding numbers together

this but people that play diablo instead of roguelikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
all moba players should be euthanized for the good of humanity

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
windwaker is the best zelda by a big margin. beautiful artstyle that still looks great when you play the hd version / render it in hd on an emulator

unreal tournament 2003 was the best in the series.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
touhou shmups are trash compared to cave shmups

dodonpachi is better than battle garegga and YGW's rank systems are the cancer of shmups

e: also, something that shouldnt be controversial: g-darius is the best darius game

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 22, 2017

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Bust Rodd posted:

I don't think that DmC is bad, and even the now dead DmC thread agreed that it was a fine action game, it just didn't need to be a DmC game. it's just that the story/lore reboot was billed as an improvement to Dante's goofy bullshit (the reason he is so beloved) but it was this weirdly political slant that contains a LITERAL sniper rifle abortion as well as a Fox News boss fight, and even more damning, we were given a combat system that was more on par with God of War than with Devil May Cry. Going from DMC4 to DmC was absolutely disappointing for who wanted a very high skill ceiling. I just replayed both of those games and they honestly both hold up fine, but I will always skip every cutscenes in DMC forever.

the fox news boss owns really hard though

as does the club level

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
in fact, Eugen Systems made the best RTS: Wargame

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

if you havent you should try wargame: red dragon. from what youve been posting here you'd enjoy it a lot.

just a friendly tip to someone that seems to enjoy the S in RTS :tipshat:

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 24, 2017

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

dark souls 2 is the best dark souls game

this is not the video game facts thread

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

SpaceClown posted:

Racing sims are the most skillful games.

combat flight sims (and by that i dont mean shitthunder)

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
call of pripyat is the only good fallout game :colbert:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
planescape torment is boring as gently caress

go read a book instead or something

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
also, soul calibur 2 and 3 are the best fighting games by a huge margin

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Space Crabs posted:

This reminds me, Binding of Isaac is the next overrated thing to Undertale.

People prefer it to things like Enter the Gungeon because it's babies first bullet hell. All the items make you an overpowered god and the game looks like a newgrounds flash game.

Oh boo hoooooo I only successfully complete 3/4ths of my runs and the only content in the game is beating it multiple times because it's so easy.

boi and gungeon are not bullethells.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
unpopular bullethell opinion:

yagawa shmups are universally terrible. dodonpachi is the best shmup forever.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lodin posted:

Devolver's E3 presser is probably the best thing to come out of that shitshow ever. Plenty of blood and guts as there should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI

while video games may or may not be art, this proves that video game press conferences are definitely art

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

sebmojo posted:

Its alright these days.

alright

for me to poop on

(it's poo poo)

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Panzeh posted:

It's kinda mediocre, to be quite honest. If you want good combat, play a good, old-school brawler like fight'n rage.

Though people liking morrowind (swing the sword, hit someone with it, and have the game tell you you missed because your skill) is hilarious as gently caress.

But then, RPG players love lovely mechanics.

cd projekt needs to outsource the combat mechanics for the next witcher game to platinum

something like right in the middle between witchers kinda slow, rather boring combat and metal gear rising's over the top ridiculousness

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
unpopular but true: playing console causes brain AIDS

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

The Dennis System posted:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks promising.

that's a 2018 release though

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

veni veni veni posted:

So is K+M an inferior way to play games now that we have touch screens and VR headsets that provide even better accuracy? Since control is defined by how fast we can click on things apparently? Why use a mouse when you can just tap on something or look at it?

objectively, yes

thing is, VR is still too expensive and too much of a hassle to set up for the average user (especially room scale applications)

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

hamtaro posted:

Civilization is way worse than other 4x games

civ peaked with civ2

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Mods are a joke, i don't need to put titties on the rear end of my main character or give them fox ears or whatever, I don't need a bunch of unbalanced extra weapons and i definitely don't want poorly voiced fan fiction quests

"some of the most popular FPS of all time are a joke"

- a very smart person

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Magius1337est posted:

Quake 3 Arena's guns sucked compared to quake 2

quake's guns sucked compared to UT

the shock rifle is the best weapon in any fps ever

:hellyeah:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

hm yes, a double barreled shotgun, truly the pinnacle of innovation

~borat voice~ NOT!

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Maya Fey posted:

innovative != best

while this is true, and the boomstick in doom is a top tier fps weapon, it still doesn't hold a candle to the varied gameplay of the ASMD

i hope blizzard adds a character with a similar mechanic to bootywatch

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Japanese games are worse than Western games as a whole and its not close.

this is true, but mostly for RPGs

i don't know a single good western fighting game or SHMUP

in before idiots say killer instinct

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

food court bailiff posted:

mother loving

DIVE KICK

i stand corrected, my bad

also, lethal league is by westerners i think. that one's cool too

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

dont even fink about it posted:

4K is still not really the standard in that it costs an outrageous amount of money to play games well at that resolution, and it's not an incredible difference in the way throwing out your CRT and getting a flatscreen was.

if they werent giant, heavy pieces of poo poo i'd still prefer a CRT over a flatscreen

better blacks, no/negligible input lag, ability to play lightgun games, hell yeah shoot those electrons into my eyeballs

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
the best / most fun RTS mode is Wargame's 10v10s

Also, Wargame is the best RTS overall

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
PS controllers will always be better than xbox for one reason: a good dpad. whoever designs them for microsoft needs to have their thumbs cut off.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Barudak posted:

What are you talking about? The Xbox controller has the best dpad of the generation and Nintendo by loving far the worst.

congratulations on not playing fighting games / shmups / anything that requires precise digital input friend

xbox dpads have always been mushy pieces of crap. the rest of the controller is near perfect though, i'll give you that.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 27, 2019

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
sekiro is actually a tenchu sequel fyi which is also why it owns

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
idk, it hits the spot for me.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The best Mario Kart game was Diddy Kong Racing for 64.

e: and neither of them were poo poo compared to F-Zero X

speaking of f-zero, why the gently caress hasnt nintendo made one since GX?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
styx master of shadows was the best stealth game in recent years besides hitman. shame it wasnt more successful because goblins rule.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Barudak posted:

Man Godhand was good.

loved that one. it looked pretty bad graphics wise even compared to other titles of its era and the camera / tank controls were unusual for a brawler game but once you got into it it owned really hard. ridiculous story, over the top characters and great music - everything i want in a game in that genre.

platinum should make a sequel / spiritual successor.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
bloodborne is the worst soulslike by virtue of not having a PC release and the ps4 version running like poo poo even on a pro. i like everything else about it, but not even a stable 30fps is unacceptable.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

MrQwerty posted:

I know why they had to do it (I would have beaten that poo poo in 5 hours otherwise) but the rubberband cheating in need for speed underground was so loving jarring, going from a 20 second lead to 2nd instantly was always bullshit

making good racing game AI that behaves humanlike while still being challenging is seemingly impossible.
even more so in sims, where obvious rubberbanding is a big no no.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Phigs posted:

... if your army is too min-maxed ...

the gently caress is the point of playing in a tournament if youre not playing to win. min-maxing is the fun part of most strategy and deckbuilding games imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Fur20 posted:

the most shocking thing i learned while reading about final fantasy 7's development was that the marketing budget provided by Sony was somewhere around $100mn (in 1997 dollars), and it was substantially larger than its entire development budget. money talks

not that surprising, since it was one of the main games that made people want to buy a playstation. bonus points for being a big gently caress you to nintendo.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 19, 2020