Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Rock's management team knows what it is doing business wise guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
From what I gather, the movie isn't really about Paige so much as it is about the Knight family in general. It's an ensemble movie.

They actually got some pretty big names -- Lena Heady is playing Sweet Saraya, which is inspired casting. Nick Frost is the father, and Vince Vaughn will be there doing something. Only real question mark is Thea Trinidad playing AJ Lee, and uh ... Thea Trinidad looks nothing like AJ Lee.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I didn't even know that was supposed to be AJ. Holy poo poo.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: reading it back this joke sounded really loving wrong, nm

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Every solid but unspectacular worker lacking in charisma should have the Diamond Cutter/RKO as a finisher so they can get a huge pop from one thing, cutting through the indifference they otherwise face. DDP is a genius for figuring that out and Randy Orton picked up the ball and ran with it.

Otherwise DDP was an average worker, average promo, never over at the level of a top guy, who was already old as poo poo. It made total sense for WWE to bury him, other than that the storyline that buried him was awful and stupid.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Counterpoint: ddp is good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Counterpoint: ddp is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnClWjSG8wQ

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I just thought I'd share something BIG with you Feed Me Morons (tm):

thank you ryback for providing me with gag gifts for the next couple years

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should make a movie about Sensational Sherri.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Rock, Austin and Summer Rae are backstage at Raw.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Except the Stephanie and Roman crap Raw was a competent tv show last week. Im not dreading to watch it this week.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

rovert posted:

poo poo, Thats a stable I can get behind.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DDP once managed to get a passable TV match out of Renegade which pretty much makes him a five-star worker in my book.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

That is the first Josh Edgin jersey I've ever seen which wasn't being worn by Josh Edgin.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

I look forward to Rock's segment

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

I look forward to Rock's segment

They havent slutshamed Lana recently.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Isn't something with the Paige movie happening at that location today? Would at least explain Dwayne's presence

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I keep forgetting Summer Rae is still employed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Lena Heady..... Nick Frost.....

Well poo poo, I'll be watching it for sure.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

2:40 So this is kind of weird and dark and conspiratorial, isn't it?
It kind of seems like Ryback is saying that Vince and several specificly named members of the WWE staff bear some heretofore undisclosed element of condemnable negligence for Tyson Kidd's injury? Or am I not understanding correctly?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what's the logic of wrestlers losing in their home towns again? not really interested in going to this if it's going to be bayley losing the title after three weeks (again) and I guess Roman in the main event

If they win then they think they're worth something and might get ideas about deserving things.

Or they think it's good heat. Like how all the champions are jobbers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Every solid but unspectacular worker lacking in charisma should have the Diamond Cutter/RKO as a finisher so they can get a huge pop from one thing, cutting through the indifference they otherwise face. DDP is a genius for figuring that out and Randy Orton picked up the ball and ran with it.

Otherwise DDP was an average worker, average promo, never over at the level of a top guy, who was already old as poo poo. It made total sense for WWE to bury him, other than that the storyline that buried him was awful and stupid.

If you don't count being one of the most over stars of the Monday Night Wars as indifference/not top level.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cubone posted:

2:40 So this is kind of weird and dark and conspiratorial, isn't it?
It kind of seems like Ryback is saying that Vince and several specificly named members of the WWE staff bear some heretofore undisclosed element of condemnable negligence for Tyson Kidd's injury? Or am I not understanding correctly?

It's been widely hinted at the last year that Kidd's lucky to be alive, and that there was debate over whether and when to send him to the hospital right after the injury happened. If they'd waited any longer than they wound up, complications would have occurred.

At least one person legit thought he was faking the injury

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So is Luke winning the Smackdown Battle Royale or what?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

a new study bible! posted:

Either that or Randy is entering it and winning it to prevent a challenger for Bray because they have to drag his turn on Bray for a few weeks.

Glad we are getting the Nikki/Natty blowoff on Smackdown too in a proper feud ender for their brawling feud.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Will Raw be good?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

a new study bible! posted:

AJ will win it, Randy will be like "j/k I want my title shot after all," Shane will be like "ok" and AJ will be like "what the gently caress Shane"

Because WWE is deadset on doing AJ/Shane at Mania for some loving reason

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Can't make the thread tonight sorry

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chris James 2 posted:

It's been widely hinted at the last year that Kidd's lucky to be alive, and that there was debate over whether and when to send him to the hospital right after the injury happened. If they'd waited any longer than they wound up, complications would have occurred.

At least one person legit thought he was faking the injury

Yeah they told him to walk it off initially and he had to beg for an ambulance if I remember right

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah they told him to walk it off initially and he had to beg for an ambulance if I remember right

I don't even think he got an ambulance, Nattie drove him to the hospital

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

As long as they employ Natalya they know he won't sue. Things get interesting the second they no longer employ her

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

I don't even think he got an ambulance, Nattie drove him to the hospital

This is my understanding as well

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Well, that's bumming me out, but thank you all for clarifying.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Th... thanks? :confused:

For the record, it just looks like a youtube url to me too. Probably a firefox thing, I guess it autoformats in other browsers. Any link posted as is just looks like a link, but I don't mind clicking on mystery youtubes. And I really enjoyed Cesaro and Kidd's run.

Looking forward to some wrasslin' on TV tonight! Owens, Jericho, Bayley, perhaps Paul Heyman versus Earl Hebner?

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 21, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Heavy Metal posted:

For the record, it just looks like a youtube url to me too. Probably a firefox thing, I guess it autoformats in other browsers. Any link posted as is just looks like a link, but I don't mind clicking on mystery youtubes. And I really enjoyed Cesaro and Kidd's run.

Looking forward to some wrasslin' on TV tonight! Owens, Jericho, Bayley, perhaps Paul Heyman versus Earl Hebner?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This network recap show is the pits.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Thanks, I just looked in there moments ago and found that as well.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

For your first point, the best was when Randy Orton was moving houses or getting divorced or both, and was selling all his stuff. Someone zoomed in on a VHS (i think) tape and it was Diamond Cutter variations. Randy didn't just take the move, he understood the value of the 'out of nowhere' element and then it became a meme, and then it became an Official Trait of WWE Superstar The Apex Predator The Viper Randy Orton. DDP had people like Eddie to do 90% of the work on the Powerbomb->Diamond Cutter, and Orton has people like Seth Rollins for the Curb Stomp->Counter RKO

For your second point, it's stupid that WWE buried DDP because he was over as gently caress. DDP could have made them money, and as a business they should make use of that, rather than squander it out of some petty grudge. WWE doesn't value work rate or promo skills nearly as much as my favorite dead gay wrestle forum, and they wasted an opportunity by giving DDP an idiotic gimmick and storyline.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Scoring a big name wrestler from a rival promotion and then ignoring his drawing potential and burying him out of spite is ancient wrestling tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

exploded mummy posted:

It's kinda hard to have a compelling angle after you absolutely killed your entire division for over a year

Look at Jay Lethal in ROH

The angle where Jay Lethal lost the title was really well done though? Probably the last great thing ROH did.

• Locked thread