Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DeepDickPizza posted:

"Greenwood is a neighborhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma. As one of the most prominent concentrations of African-American businesses in the United States during the early 20th century, it was popularly known as America's "Black Wall Street" until the Tulsa race riot of 1921, in which white residents massacred hundreds of black residents and razed the neighborhood within hours. The riot was one of the most devastating massacres in the history of U.S. race relations, destroying the once thriving Greenwood community. Belee Dat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Medgar Evers, World War 2 veteran and black activist, worked to enact voting rights and desegregation, campaigning individual cases for acceptance into the University of Mississippi. He was buried with full military honors after being assassinated in 1954 by Byron de la Beckwith, a member of the White Citizens' Council, over concerns of black integration into schools. de la Beckwith would remain free after two mistrials, but would subsequently be convicted over new evidence, in 1994.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's inherently novel for WWE to use Black History Month for something other than the second grade public school curriculum.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BWV posted:

People say wrestling is fake but no human could invent this.

Missed Raw so going to watch this now. This cant be what happened

It was every bit as good as that. Better. There were tears.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I cottoned on that the turn was coming when Jericho gave the heartfelt and sincere spiel about what KO meant to him but I thought and hoped for a half second that "The List of KO" meant "A List of Kevin Owens' Dear and Special Friends" after learning Jericho was on it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That DICK! posted:

what's this like persona or somethin

YES-Roundabout

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

You'd get Joey Styles and no one wants that in TYOOL 2017

You misspelled tooL.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yes

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

some guy on the bus posted:

But wouldn't it be better if they just swapped in Gillberg for all of Goldberg's feuds and just never mentioned Goldberg again for the rest of his life?

no

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Because we cant have good things.

We've had five hours of good programming this week and it's Tuesday.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
code:
>:()

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am really loving steamed about Dolph Ziggler

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

idgi

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

tnx

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This will forever be the best thing Dooph has ever been associated with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbtVL5Wej4

Dolph Ziggler was now literally perpetrated by people within our own government.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a Men's Rights Activist, and a PUA.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

I love when people go from post to meltdown in an instant :allears:

that's not what happened.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

Throwing a tantrum because people disagree and peacing out of the thread isn't a meltdown I guess?

That would in fact constitute a meltdown.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am looking for l'epique lols y'all are chirping about and I ain't seeing them.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

NICE MELTDOWN!

:allears:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Dirk Gently.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chromatic posted:

I can't really point out why but for some reason I really don't like that man. Just something about him.

I don't know who he is but he has the look of a million interchangeable Youtube stars that land sponsorships.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSV-NBFBoI

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The classic ftfy meme, where re-contextualize a quote to give implications unintended by the quoted party.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kelly Kelly can't run the ropes the most tedious thing to hear. That what you showed up to see? Ladies bouncing off the ropes all "BOING BOING BOING" until the match stops from outside interference? gently caress off.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RealFoxy posted:

She came from the era where everyone was either a fitness model or a traditional model where most matches were clusterfucks to fit as many women as possible on TV and they all ended in roll-ups

But Kelly Kelly did get a lot better before she decided being a model was much better for herself and having a roster full of more legitimate wrestlers will help anyone get better, just look at Nikki Bella.

Agreed

dsriggs posted:

Not being able to run the ropes is symptomatic of the bigger problem of a performer who wants to do less than the mimimum amount of effort to earn their paychecks. First-week trainees can run the ropes. She had years of experience in the largest wrestling organisation in the world by the time she quit & she couldn't.

She was otherwise not noticeably worse than the others save Natalya or Beth and better than AT LEAST Bri Bella. But time and again it's "The ropes! THE ROPES!"

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If she wants to gently ease her stick body in an unobtrusive way in to the ropes to better keep said stick body from snapping, hell, I support her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They thought to devalue WCW and what they built with DDP by making him a dumb joke.

• Locked thread