Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Honkbal?
Honk!
Honk.
Honk
This joke got old last WBC.
View Results

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Japan up big on Cuba, kinda surprised. But they also got a Matsuda 3-ring dinger to help that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I have a theory that South Korea are to the WBC as England are to the FIFA World Cup.

also Japan's gonna gently caress around and lose this game somehow.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Like immediately after I posted "Japan might lose" was when Tsutsugoh put it out of reach, so what do I know.

I might try to go to a game in Tokyo but I get out of work at too late to make it, and the Japan games are all gonna be sold-out affairs.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dsriggs posted:

:australia: here

I admit, our chances do not look good tonight :(

Japan in Tokyo? Y'all might get murked.

Loved seeing Bruce Chen playing in the Waiter Low cleats today too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dsriggs posted:

1-1, top of the 7th

...it's not happening, is it??

e: nvm :(

I can't believe the Aussie pitching has kept it this close. They really should have put another couple runs home though considering Japan's defensive lapses.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Taiwan-Korea will have auto qualifying for the next WBC on the line too, third gets the spot and fourth has to come in to the qualifying tourney to get in.

And yeah Wlad is a masher for Yakult in Japan. It's amazing that he's the single-season NPB homer king after seeing him flameout of the Majors.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Netherlands-Japan has been quite entertaining but it's Van den Huerk pitching, who pitches for Softbank, so it's one of the few guys you'd imagine the NPB batters actually know.

it is now the 3rd and he's about to be chased off after giving up 5, including a three-run dinger. Tokyo Dome is rocking.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

This a good game. It gets so quiet when NL is batting

Tokyo Dome has gone up and down in volume a couple times tonight. It's also still weird for me to hear songs for a couple of the batters who aren't Giants ringing around the Dome like that too.

This is a great game though. Already running long as hell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yessssss bragging rights in the office :haw:

• Locked thread