Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Honkbal?
Honk!
Honk.
Honk
This joke got old last WBC.
View Results

• Locked thread
LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Is there any reason why I should be blacked out from watching Israel vs Chinese Tai Pei? I live in Canada..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

Apparently the international blackout rules are completely ridiculous and nonsensical.

drat. Anyone have a link to these rules? Has there been any change to regular season blackout rules? Will the Jays still be able to be watched from Canada? If not I just wasted a bunch of money on mlbtv! I guess I could get a vpn again but they're cracking down on that apparently

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

I meant just for the WBC, I don't think the regular season stuff is any different.

Okay, hope thats the case. The last few years I havn't needed a VPN so this worried me but I guess the WBC is a different beast altogether

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Anyone else getting the blackout message even for archived games? Was just trying to watch US/PR from yesterday and it says I'm blacked out but an archived version will show up 90 mins after the game.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Was watching on the exercise bike at the gym and the closed captions kept saying dump every time an announcer said Dutch .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
On Canada day I watched the 19 inning game with some of my friends who don't usually watch baseball, and although many beers were involved I don't think I've ever seen any of them have more fun watching a game. When Goins came in to pitch and got the double play to extend the game we all went insane. This rule is going to steal away many of the crazy uniquely baseball moments and I don't think its worth it if the goal is to attract more fans who arbitrarily decide that 11 innings is the cut off point. I dunno.

• Locked thread