Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Honkbal?
Honk!
Honk.
Honk
This joke got old last WBC.
View Results

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Team American Jews is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dan Haren is great

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

was that actually a catch

holy poo poo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

oh dear

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

dang

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

That's a balk

E: Nice

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yay

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Awesome, Team USA 2: Jewish Edition continues to do it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

https://twitter.com/SammyHudes/status/840798909891039232

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ice To Meet You posted:

Don't worry, everyone. The USA can still be eliminated today by losing to Canada 1-0.

I want the US to lose and Israel (which is basically also a US team) to win, specifically to spite Ian Kinsler and the rest of my people who think they're too good for the mensch on the bench

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

this is kinda embarrassing for canada

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nice!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

HAHAHAHAHA

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lmao announcer you rear end in a top hat

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hosmer!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

ONE

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

HELL YEAH

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Awesome, US vs. US Territory

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mr. Fix It posted:

AMERICAN CITIZENS WIN

this is true whether team USA or team Puerto Rico win

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hoekie posted:

Championship may have been avoided if we granted the cool and good Puerto Rico statehood. Should be a good game!

Well, the referendum in june is supposed to finally settle the matter

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hoekie posted:

Whatever Puerto Rico chooses, the best to Puerto Rico. Would be great to have them as a state. Is independence on the table for the referendum? I am vastly undereducated in the matter.

Popete posted:

Im pretty sure Puerto Rico has been voting against statehood for awhile now but I'm not well educated on the subject.

They've been voting to retain the weird quasi-american/quasi-independent status; of the actual choices that aren't "stay in this weird void where we're americans but not fully", statehood seems to have the most support. The other options are full independence and something called free association, which I don't even remotely understand: if statehood doesn't win, there's a second vote between these two options. The key thing about this referendum is removing the option for the status quo.

No one really knows how the status quo voters will go; the whole place is dealing with a budget crisis, so the governor of the island pretty desperately wants statehood for the sake of federal funding (and also because the current setup is uncomfortably similar to colonialism), but the public could go in any direction.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert or anything, mind you, but I think this is the current situation.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I want Javy Baez to hit a 600 foot home run

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nicely done, Cardinals legend Yadier Molina

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I kinda want to cheer but I'm not sure if I should

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It turns out that the reason kinsler refused to join team israel wasn't that they played in east asia or weren't that good, but because the mensch on the bench was too rowdy for his tastes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh Nolan

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Rand alPaul posted:

Can Goldschmidt play third?

Maybe Murphy?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

ego symphonic posted:

Yeah for real, why is Murphy on the bench?

Jim Leyland is a very stubborn man

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mental Hospitality posted:

Jumping in way late, but is this the only way to watch the game without MLB Network? The barflies are getting restless as we don't have MLBN on our basic cable.

Might be the only way legally, but I know someone posted a youtube link to the mlb stream and there are always a bunch of streaming sites that will give you the feed and at least 50 viruses

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

ah, so this is how it's gonna go

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The more runs the US scores, the more homers I can root for Javy to hit

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

amen

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lmao arenado

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Cardinals' all-time team member doing his thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dang, javy

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Pulling a pitcher halfway through a no hitter in the finals of the WBC is a really bad look for the tournament, though I suppose it's probably an MLB directive

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

A HIT!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nice hit!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Heck yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ian Kinsler quiets things down

• Locked thread