Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Honkbal?
Honk!
Honk.
Honk
This joke got old last WBC.
View Results

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So World Cup-style group play for the first two rounds, then single elimination for the final four teams?

At first I didn't like single elimination in baseball. It's so different from a 7-game playoff series. But it's also exciting as gently caress. WBC owns.

Also let's all root for no injuries so that MLB teams continue to allow stars to play in this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Cueto won't pitch in the first round, as he only reported to Giants camp today. He's been in the D.R. caring for his dad, who is pretty sick :( He'll join the Dominican team if they advance to the second round.

Josh Harrison replaces Matt Carpenter (back tightness) for Team USA.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

what kind of maniac is awake this late watching baseball??

go korea

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

korea's leadoff hitter has an epic leg kick

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I went to sleep around the 5th inning but Korea gave that one away. Chang pitched sooo cautiously when Israel got a runner on. Three walks in the 2nd, including a RBBI? Israel's best hitter is a rule 5 guy who got released by the A's. Make them hit the ball.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Looks like MLB is uploading games to Youtube after they're over. No need to stay up all night if you don't wanna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ikB_kkye-M

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

venezuela not making it out of the 1st round would be pretty crazy

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

holy poo poo!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm sure someone's said it already but those Venezuelan unis are sharp.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

that was cool as heck

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

that one dude looks like draco malfoy with the bleached hair

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

rooting for the usa but still said a gently caress yeah when correa did that

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:love::love::love:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:gonk:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

hosmer is playing because matchups i expect

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

spring training-quality slide right there

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

hell yeah

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

youtube stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKK29VftuS0

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

he's out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

why is MLB Network showing an alert about the no-hitter when the game itself is on MLB Network

• Locked thread