Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

Oh, lonely death on lonely life!

Oh, now I feel my topmost greatness lies in my topmost grief.

Ho, ho! from all your furthest bounds, pour ye now in, ye bold billows of my whole foregone life, and top this one piled comber of my death! Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ahab Itualliar posted:

Ho, ho! from all your furthest bounds, pour ye now in, ye bold billows of my whole foregone life, and top this one piled comber of my death! Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOU9fvcxlE

##vote Ahab

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

yeah, fuckin kb, switching to ahab like that. dude is totally scum

Okay this made me laugh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:redhammer:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ahab Itualliar posted:

https://youtu.be/PXB-5MbKBgs

*picks up Hemingway*

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil strode towards Mysida and discovered the corpse of a young dwarf, he built a cairn from stones as he heard dwarven customs are rumored to be and said some quiet prayers before continuing on.

Ahab - Luca - Blue planet aligned was killed on day 5!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 5:10 PM:
You are Luca

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Luca_(Final_Fantasy_IV)

You are Blue Planet Aligned and win when all threats to Earth are eliminated.

It is night 5. action deadlines 9:00pm tomorrow eastern

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil arrived in Mysida, his new paladin self shinging bright, and the citizens and the elder forgave him and agreed that he was ready to face the king of baron and unlocked the serpent road to take him to baron. The Mysidan elder also sent a brash young black mage named Palom with him to assist.

Upon arrival in Baron Cecil saw a disheartening sight.

Kain was doing battle with some of the kings soldiers and Cecil rushed in to aid him.

After they dispatched the soldiers Kain recounted angrily how the king had Rosa Killed and the anger allowed him to overcome the mind control that was being used on him and he was now firmly opposed to Baron and on Cecil's side.

They also found a giant many armed woman dead just outside of town

Quidthulu - Rosa - Blue Planet aligned was killed on night 5!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:10 PM:
"You are Rosa

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Rosa_Joanna_Farrell

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth.

Aim - Once per game you may Aim, aiming will use your action for the night but it will power up your Pray ability.

Pray - This ability is usuable every night, you target a player to protect, you may protect the same person twice in a row (but not three times) but may not target yourself with this ability.
If you aimed the night before you use this, you may instead choose TWO targets to protect.

"

Chaoslord - Asura - Blue Planet aligned was killed on night 5!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:09 PM:
"You are Asura

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Asura_(Final_Fantasy_IV)

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth.
."

It is day 6!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (12): Asiina, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Little Mac, Mithross, Moatillata, Pander, this is a stickup

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 03rd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Inf! You're alive!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote little mac

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Inf! You're alive!

Pity

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

##vote bif

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm just going to full claim, because I am legitimately not going to give a gently caress about this game in about 12 hours time because I will be playing Zelda BotW 24/7

I am the Epopts
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Epopts_(Final_Fantasy_IV)

I am straight up vanilla town.

Here is my breadcrumb

Infinitum posted:

Oh good 200 posts and the games barely started. It's going to be one of those games then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

Epicopts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Pander

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If kb didn't claim confirmed town, would you think he was scum from his posting?

Pig is no Ecco but every day he lives on is odder

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pander did you kick anybody last night?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote little mac

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Pander did you kick anybody last night?

I'm thinking Quid aim-doc'd correctly one night, and Pander is full of poo poo.

Blocking a whole team? :laffo:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why little mac?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

I'm thinking Quid aim-doc'd correctly one night, and Pander is full of poo poo.

Blocking a whole team? :laffo:

yeah the poison thing seems like it might have been bullshit too now.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

advanced meta read

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So I'm ready to come clean. I am Kain.

At the beginning of the game I was a Lunarian Traitor. Essentially I was on the scum team but not in the doc nor was I informed who my teammates were. I performed all the nightkills but did not choose my target (presumably done by the scum team, though it's a bit unclear).

I was also told in my PM that I was being mind controlled by Golbez and that if something "shocked me out of it" then the mind control would wear off.

I received a PM last night that Rosa had died and I had shaken myself free of the mind control. I am now Blue Planet aligned and my power has changed. I assumed that this would change my alignment but wasn't sure, so I was hedging my bets most of the game.

I'm mostly claiming this because scum will I assume be informed that I switched so it's best to get this out there before I am targeted.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Annnnnd I see I'm already being voted for some reason so this is going to look like a reaction to that. Lovely.

I'm claiming in reaction to my role switching. I'm telling you right now by virtue of Rosa's death the Lunarians are down a man, though I have no idea how many they had to begin with.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote little mac

GulagDolls posted:

##vote little mac

GulagDolls posted:

advanced meta read

Little Mac posted:

I'm mostly claiming this because scum will I assume be informed that I switched so it's best to get this out there before I am targeted.

:laffo:

##vote Fisk

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hmmm. does this make my read wrong or right...

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

:laffo:

##vote Fisk

he is cecil, you ape

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote infi even more advanced meta read

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Infinitum voting me should be the final sign I am town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote I believe mac

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've believed Fisk's stuff all along since he's hinted at switching stuff up at Mt. Ordeals and I had reason to believe I might switch as well. Not voting Fisk.

I keep saying switch and now i want it to be friday

Would vote Gulag. I find him unreadable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##unvote I believe mac

Why were you even voting him in the first place? :nyoron:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

let us slay the australian man and free this game from the spectre haunting it since day 1, as i have now come to believe, that he is not good, but evil. this was a hard conclusion to come to, since I cannot read his posts.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okaaaay can we also hear from Pander though

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

GulagDolls posted:

let us slay the australian man and free this game from the spectre haunting it since day 1, as i have now come to believe, that he is not good, but evil. this was a hard conclusion to come to, since I cannot read his posts.

learn australian, newb

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

No. Why. No.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I would also like to hear from Pander. Who did you "kick?" Assuming both kills are from both scum factions (OOH, I can claim who I've killed so far! I killed Quid last night) then all Blue Planet people should've been roleblocked, right?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure.

1) No I didn't kick last night. The town just had a refresh, and screwing up tonight would be less painful than last night. I used gird last night to be deathproof.

2) why I voted you:

bif

cased quid based on meta unrelated to quid

Bifauxnen posted:

you know, I'm from Auspol and so I haven't played as many games with Asiina, but literally every one I have happened to see her play in I think she's been town. (can someone point out a game for me where she has been scum, cause I can't remember reading one)

And yet, every single time, she ends up being cased the same way like this. "oh she sounds fake", "oh she sounds manufactured", usually without much else to say about it. Maybe it's just a personal thing I'm wired to notice more cause I feel like I get the same treatment a lot, but I think if I can notice the trend by now you guys should too and maybe it's just trying to push known buttons on purpose.

##vote Quidthulu

defended meta case against quid with even more meta unrelated to quid

Bifauxnen posted:

Fair enough. I do think Quid is scummy for it though, cause I got this exact same feeling last game about KB seeming to purposely rile you up, but I foolishly gave him the benefit of the doubt just cause I'd had an even bigger town slapfight with him recently.

Light treatment of peramene, with borderline prompting to help her dig her way out of her hole.

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm a little confused, is that post trying to say Asiina: Town, obviously? Or should we go more by the tl;dr ending summary, of don't trust Asiina just because she's posting?

Defends pera again, lightly.

Rarity posted:

I'm not going to point out the exact huge glaring fault in pera's defence there, I assume you all have the wherewithall to see it for yourselves.

Bifauxnen posted:

I really don't!

I can't parse any of this except for "peramene is writing a lot of words to say she's not totally engaged yet I think"

When the heat's on pera, joins in calling her really scummy despite not voting her and spending most of the post casing Rarity/MMT

Bifauxnen posted:

pera:
* only seems to mention MMT and Rarity in passing, saying she'll read their jokeposts, then a couple replies to them that don't seem to mean much of anything.

*lots of actual casework against MMT and Rarity*

So overall:
pera looks the most individually scummy.

*discusses at length how/how likely pera could be scum-teamed with MMT or Rarity*

*doesn't ever vote pera*

Keeps up short retorts against Quid that really don't have much actual weight behind them.

Bifauxnen posted:

Nice, that was a tastefully long time in between so it didnt look like as much like an omgus.

just because I see some new people as also scummy doesnt mean you magically stop being scummy, especially not when you're one of the ones all worried about them getting turbo'd!
Like I just don't see how a super-meta case that isn't immediately applicable to Quid yielded this level of insistence about Quid's alignment.

Weird self-meta post out of nowhere.

Bifauxnen posted:

what the gently caress is going on

scum must have decided to just NK me as soon as possible and arent even gonna bother to try and frame me up instead

farewell cruel world

Joins the pera lynch only after it's inevitable, despite talking it up.

CCKeane posted:

Kinda weird that momentum is shifting off of pera.

I WANT BLOOD.

Bifauxnen posted:

is it, really? she's got 8 votes, compared to 2 on the runners-up

[b]##vote peramene[b]

sorry, 9 votes

Claims the JoBro swear will be for the last time. Cites anti-mafia spirit, but maybe it's because it won't ever work again if Bif is actually scum?

Bifauxnen posted:

I told you that's seriously against the spirit of Mafia! So only if you agree to being modkilled from now on after this last time.

Defends me to Lumpen by pointing out I defended pera really blatantly to be her buddy. But then calls Quid scummy for defending pera really blatantly, the same thing she defended me for.

Bifauxnen posted:

based on D1 play where you were all "ooh there's scum pushing this pera lynch" and also today, when you came back to say "no come on guys, if I was scum with pera I totally would've fought harder for it, but also note I am too busy to make any effort right now"

Really eager to catch a fiend, even if the logic doesn't fit.

Bifauxnen posted:

guys I think Keane could be one of the fiends:

this sounds like someone knows a little too much about the tiebreaker methods cause he's been chitchatting about the results with CPig in a scumdoc, and now all of a sudden we have a retcon in favour of the fiend faction.
Going immediately after Keane as a fiend seems like a slip. Why would Keane post about the tie breaker in thread? How would Keane know the retcon would benefit the fiends given how random events had been?

Bif tries to cover for himself after someone asks the obvious question "why is he a fiend"

this is interesting, I don't see why that makes him a fiend in particular instead of lunar though

Bifauxnen posted:

if he's a lunar instead, that is also good to vote him so whatever
this was a clear backpedal.

it's weird that you immediately jumped to one faction instead of scum. you can't post to tell me that lumpen must be a fiend for assuming 2 scum teams instead of 3p, then say it's not weird bif immediately assumed keane is from one specific scum team

Bifauxnen posted:

I was thinking fiend cause just when Keane was talking about votecounts, CPig suddenly figured out he'd miscounted a fiend vote apparently

It seems like Bif was more interested in the number of votes MMT has than whether she's actually scum.

Bifauxnen posted:

If we had enough people willing to bring up a totally new lunch on someone with no votes right now, how about we pick Keane instead, who already has 2

Bifauxnen posted:

the whole idea of a "compromise lynch", using the suggestion of someone on the chopping block already is very strange to me.
Like, why would a person's vote status impact your ability to assess their case?

Keane calls Bif out on this inconsistency. Bif tries to pirouette away with an OMGUS.

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmm, are you on opposing teams to Quid, or are you just doing mild distancing cause you don't want to look like you're making the same argument as him?

guys let's flip Keane and see if the fiend team tries to kill me in revenge tonight, it'll be fantastic :buddy:
Keane kept up his pressure on Bif, and was a NK.,

Backpedals the JoBro swear

Bifauxnen posted:

please remember the JoBro thing was all Inf's idea, the first game he brought it up it was a fun novelty, but I tried to tell him he shouldn't make it an actual thing just in case I get scum :v:
The drawback of a meta-toxx: pull scum and it becomes either your grave or the last time it has a chance at working.

I'm voting bif ultimately because she doesn't seem honest.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

For the record, the Lunarians are responsible for the deaths of:
Night One - Tobbs
Night Two - Keane
Night Three - Rarity
Night Four - TMM
Night Five - Quidnose

Any other kills were not performed by me. The Lunarian wincon is the normal scum wincon (controlling the vote) so I would assume either Fiends are a second scumteam or a true third party.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Why were you even voting him in the first place? :nyoron:

I thought he was scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Little Mac posted:

For the record, the Lunarians are responsible for the deaths of:
Night One - Tobbs
Night Two - Keane
Night Three - Rarity
Night Four - TMM
Night Five - Quidnose

Any other kills were not performed by me. The Lunarian wincon is the normal scum wincon (controlling the vote) so I would assume either Fiends are a second scumteam or a true third party.

Who do you think the Lunarians might be?

• Locked thread