Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

These two votes on LM with no reasoning, and in Fisk's case at least, no previous mention of Little Mac look really bad.

They look extra bad after this:

If we believe Little Mac's claim, which I'm currently leaning towards, it is pretty clear to me that Fisk and Gulag are probably his team mates and knew his identity. Maybe they weren't expecting him to claim and thought they'd be able to do an easy lurker cuddle push on him, or maybe they had something else in mind, but this does not look like coincidence.

in the last game, were any of the main characters scum claims? if not, I don't see how fisk could be scum tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote bif feels right

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

I agree with a lot of this(See how that works Stick?). And while alone, some of these things seem ridiculous to call someone scum for, as a whole it adds up to a convincing picture.

:jerkbag: no matter how rock hard your ego is, I am not peramene and will not felate you

never once did I say I agree with inf's case in it's entirety

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Let's clarify that kb is NOT confirmed town, he is claimed confirmed town.

In a game where he's throwing shade on the literal protagonist of FFIV he can't sincerely turn around and huff and puff about the mildest prodding

but kb is also uncounterclaimed, breadcrumbed very obviously, and tobbs flipped as a confirmed mason. how is kb not confirmed?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

this is a stickup posted:

in the last game, were any of the main characters scum claims? if not, I don't see how fisk could be scum tbqh

Yes. As I've said repeatedly. I had a main character fake claim and was scum last game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'd much rather vote Kash than Bif today. I feel like the jobro thing is legit.

##vote Kash

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:jerkbag: no matter how rock hard your ego is, I am not peramene and will not felate you

never once did I say I agree with inf's case in it's entirety

Dude. Words mean things. Any normal person would read what you wrote and assume the same.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
cpig has made some weird poo poo obviously with at least two alignment shifts claimed and weird rear end roles (sorry mmt), but I don't believe for a second half of a masonry gets told they are confirmed when the other is scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

Dude. Words mean things. Any normal person would read what you wrote and assume the same.

this post is really good

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil, Yang, Kain, and Palom found the secret passage into castle baron and made their way toward the throne room, when Baigan, the kings second in command, met them and said "Thank heavens! Cecil! The king has gone mad! Please I'll help you fight!"

but palom grabbed cecil. "Wait, there's something wrong here, Baigan, he is, not natural...."

Baigan, realizing the jig was up laughed.

"Looks like you're too smart for your own good cecil!!"

Baigan then turned into a monster and attacked the group!!

A.) Focus your attacks on the left arm
B.) Focus your attacks on the right arm
C.) Focus your attacks on the body
D.) Focus your attacks on the penis.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 3, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hmmm.....

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

D

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

LMs claim is pretty complicated im skeptical but it seems like it jives w/ flavor

if anything the complexity makes me more likely to believe it given some of the earlier stuff

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I mean, are all those actually valid from the game?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Focused Pander earlier to see if anything would fall loose from that particular tree when shook, but I'm leaning neutral on him atm now.

I do not believe that you were just applying pressure to pander in such a dumb way

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
holy what :lol:

despite being the obvious joke option, D might actually be the best option for a weak spot

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I don't know. We gave Yang a drinking problem and that was fiendish... maybe hitting below the belt will be fiendish too?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

I don't know. We gave Yang a drinking problem and that was fiendish... maybe hitting below the belt will be fiendish too?

Yeah, this was my thinking, but wanted to make sure that spot wasn't actually his weak spot in the game or something.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

who scum

:yeah:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, this was my thinking, but wanted to make sure that spot wasn't actually his weak spot in the game or something.

in game he's three targets, left arm, right arm, and body.

The body revives the arms if you kill them first.

The arms self destruct for damage if they're alive when the body dies.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

#TheMoreYouKnow

Yes, I'm already ashamed of myself for this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So looking at strategy on this guy for kicks, definitely no penis option. Apparently arms can be taken down first to weaken then body to finish, but if you take too long arms regenerate. If arms are still there when you kill body they explode doing damage or something.

So bottom line is who knows. No telling how Pig rigged this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

Definitely Town
Asiina
KB

Almost Definitely Town
Inf
Taste
Little Mac
Pander

Had good feelings about once but I can't remember why, pretty null now
Bif

Null to maybe scummy but really hard to articulate why
Gulag
Mithross
Stickup

Why don't you just ask for a drat modkill please
Kashuno
Moat

I'm going to try to go through Gulag, Mithross, and Stickup today to see if there is enough there to actually make a real case, but that doesn't change that there are people who are straight up not playing.

I'm a little confused to why you have a lumpen list that goes from definitely town to null. you've made a list of extremely easy calls to make. why are you afraid to make a scum call?

it's going to be hilarious if pera was actually right about not trusting you super early on d1

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

When in doubt kick a dick B

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

When in doubt kick a dick B

Says Little Mac, attacking his right arm.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

6 votes for C and plurality means it isn't possible for c not to win.

The trio buys yang a drink, and then another and they keep buying him drinks until he comes out of whatever mind control he was under and he agrees to join them in their quest to the castle, tomorrow, after he sobers up.

But little do they know, they have created an environment where yang develops a drinking problem and eventually it leads to his demise in the future.

How fiendish!

Fiend aligned players have had any "Once per game" abilities reset.

:cripes:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I dunno for this one either. I worry C might cause some pain for us due to exposing arms, but attacking arms seems kinda useless?
I can't believe this is what we've come to, but hitting below the belt might work out?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
cpig has set the events up seemingly randomly so I doubt the game attacks are really going to matter wrt this result, though the last one is giving me pause now that I've seen it

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

if anything the complexity makes me more likely to believe it given some of the earlier stuff

Agreed, this in combination with his posting since I made that post has made me feel much better about it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Screw the arms, attack the body and risk explosion or hit him in the dick.

There's no trying to figure this one out

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd still rather vote Quid but let's read Stickup

Overall, I'm not too convinced. Still voting Quid.

fake edit: haha, hi Quid!

I'm gonna admit I was probably giving bif goodwill for this read of me when I should've stuck with my original read on bif, even though it probably means bif will come back and want to kill me instead

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

:lol: there is no option to attack his penis in the game, no. It would be nice if there was though, Baigan was always a loving annoying boss.

The arms don't have much HP and can be taken down quickly, which might be nice for a little breather from all the attacks they do. But he will also regenerate them quickly. I'd always just suck it up and focus on taking down the main body instead of stuffing around with the arms, but there's a drawback there as Mithross pointed out - the arms self destruct if they're left over once you kill the body. Once again though, I always just focused on the body anyway and took the hits as they came, cause trying to time it correctly for when exactly to kill the arms so they wouldn't have time to regenerate was too much of a pain in the rear end.

I think the body would be the correct option cause even if we did want to kill off the arms, it's not exactly giving us detailed strategic options here for when to time the killing of the arms.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pander posted:

I dunno for this one either. I worry C might cause some pain for us due to exposing arms, but attacking arms seems kinda useless?
I can't believe this is what we've come to, but hitting below the belt might work out?

We did just enable create our buddy's alcohol problem

Maybe destroy the left hand since left hand is the devils hand?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
asiina's post history is mostly trying to push for lurker lynches and responding to others rather than actually casing people or scumhunting. kind of strange considering this post

Asiina posted:

gently caress off both of you.

I guess I can instead post one line garbage posts that involve no actual effort or I can go on huge tirades where I think everything everyone says in the game is a personal slight against me.

Those are both super productive.

but a huge amount of it is short, one line responses to saying I agree or similar

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

-(hate to game the mod buuuut) the fact that kash has yet to be modkilled tells me he is something more than VT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Going for Body.

C

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The growing gif one is waaaaay better imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Trying to metagame it a bit, while D sounds great it's probably still just another joke option, like maybe the reveal will be that Baigan doesn't even have one so the attack is ineffective :v:

C

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

Trying to metagame it a bit, while D sounds great it's probably still just another joke option, like maybe the reveal will be that Baigan doesn't even have one so the attack is ineffective :v:

C

sounds probable enough, and body is probably the safest based on game knowledge as taking damage in this case at worst likely means no refresh for anyone, since we defeat the boss, rather than a scum refresh from something like the arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

C

• Locked thread