Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

King Burgundy posted:

Says Little Mac, attacking his right arm.

Lmao phone posting is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lol if baigan was a ken doll

C

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

Says Little Mac, attacking his right arm.

Maybe Little Mac knows something about Baigan's physiology we don't.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

D

Punch dat ding a ling

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So caught up Stick? Who scum?

Stick has posted Bif, you ready to expand on your scum reads?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I'm going to try to go through Gulag, Mithross, and Stickup today to see if there is enough there to actually make a real case, but that doesn't change that there are people who are straight up not playing.

Have you had a chance to reread?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

So caught up Stick? Who scum?

I think I was right about bif the first time when I had her on a list of scum. asiina has next to no content apart from lurker pushes, and doesn't even make scum reads in a lumpen list. moat has a point about kash (and himself) not being modkilled potentially being due to not being vt.

at the moment, I lean towards believing mac's claim and undecided on pander. that said, if he really has a full team roleblock, it almost seems too powerful to give to scum, even on a once per game+refreshes basis.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm kind of still here-ish but I'll definitely be around for deadline, if not super available to post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Stick seems to mean well. Let's stick with Kash.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm at work from here out, I'll be keeping up if not posting.

##vote bif

Let's go with this. I'd vote Kash but he wouldn't actually read the thread to feel any pressure.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

So if there are two scum teams, does it say if you'll appear as Lunarian or Fiend aligned?

was this ever answered?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Alright.

C

I've bee traveling all day and my planes boarding in about 20 mins. So I'll be limited.

Wiling to consider Kash, but Bif is just the person I feel most. Asiina has been super reluctant to actually make scum calls, which is actually kind of weird for scum in a game with two scum teams.

I think I should kick whichever of kash/bif isn't lynched today. If neither are lynched it's bif getting the kick.

So if you have some amazeballs OPG ability maybe don't use it tonight in case my target is town. If anyone has better strategy in mind lemme know, I'm just guessing that that would be best.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

The growing gif one is waaaaay better imo

Literally have this on my bookmarks bar so I never lose it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Have you had a chance to reread?

I really haven't, no.

There was a whole lot of early content, too much to want to really go back to it all and reread 4 different people.

I just want to murder Kash because that's absolutely not going to change.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also C

Pander if town doesn't get reset then yeah, go and use your roleblock.

If it does then still probably best not to.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
just read all of asiina. I must admit, there isn't a whole lot of scummy going on in asiina's post history outside of d1, but neither is there an overly large amount of content later. these are the only parts that really bothered me

Asiina posted:

If you look past the wordiness of pera's post to the point she's making, it's pretty bad. Skipping jokephase is one thing. It's a dumb thing, but people do it anyway. Skipping actual D1 because it doesn't lead to anything is what makes games die. You just throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks and then use that to build the rest of the game up. If everyone decides to skip D1 then D2 becomes D1 all over again and so on until it ends in apathy (see: half the games Opop has ever run for some reason).

That said, pera is still fairly new and I don't know if she has much experience with that kind of dead game, so while it is bad I'm not willing to vote on it for the moment. We'll see how the rest of the day goes and if her posting gets better.

Asiina posted:

Try again, friend. It says that I think pera's take is suspicious but not enough for me to vote for her yet.

asiina tried reaaally hard to not vote for pera day 1, and not just in these two posts. in the end, it was asiina's insisting that made pera actually claim. the post in which she claimed, however, read like a teammate told her to claim in the scumdoc. works just as well if the lunarian in question also told her in the thread.

Asiina posted:

So you're part of the third party then, is what you're saying and you don't want to give away what that third party is and how it relates to the other two?

Okay, except if they are pro-town then that's something that's going to come out anyway eventually and something that town should know about (kinda like the mafia team in Ecco's game) and then the teams can work together.

If they're not pro-town then we should just lynch you anyway because you're not town.

So which is it?

tries to preemptively spin pera's flip as third party after that ridiculous pera post saying her flip would give away some mechanic

Asiina posted:

So I'm willing to believe pera's claim as her actual role, it's specific enough that she probably didn't come up with it. That said, if it's a town role it is a very anti-town role. She still is probably worth killing.

I guess I'm hedging on this because if she's scum I know she's been very excited to play scum and I feel bad murdering her for it on D1, but it also is difficult to find a reason not to.

after that, again declares she does not want to vote for pera despite being unable to come up with a reason not to.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
every one of pera's references to asiina were weird, as well

peramene posted:

And finally, because I'm dying to see it: Asiina. I saw that Asiina had been posting frequently and even targeting me which is fun and came to make this post with Asiina: Town, obviously. Speaking now of Podlima, Asiina's meta was used by one of my teammates - if I'm remembering correctly - in order to accuse her. Number of posts and content of posts, Asiina's not comfortable being scum but "oh no guys, oh no, every now and then, I can fight my own meta." I called out to town never to rely on Asiina's meta, hoping and believing that she was scum because I'll bet Scum!Asiina is as good if not better, now, than Rarity. (I always root for my girls though. #ladiesalliances)

asiina is town, obviously

How exactly do I put this? How... best... to put this... I see you, Asiina. Purely because of this post, I'll hear no argument based on Asiina's "meta" of "well, she's posting!" as justification for not voting her, and furthermore her focus on me is curious. But valid, I suppose? Very peculiar misread of what I said, though. Then again, I am especially verbose and work really hard on these posts and half of you don't force yourself through them whatsoever. I don't blame you. I'm different. Her name is Caroline.

asiina is scummy

don't trust Asiina just because she's posting. Never trust me, KB, MMT, or Rarity. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I just listed the entire scum team and then we rolled town laughing maniacally? Dream team.

don't trust asiina

peramene posted:

Apologies for lack of clarity. This might help: "I came here today with the intention to do one thing, because she was posting. But then I realized she may have taken into account my advice from last game, and look what she's choosing to do with it." It's not necessarily scummy, it's not a case, it's just something I wanted to point out. I don't think we should trust Asiina's meta this time around. I think she's gotten more confident and might just be ready to take a stab. Or - more likely - she is just town. All I am meaning to say is don't trust that meta like a drat fool.

my comment was

this is a stickup posted:

forgot to reply to this part in particular. this is pera saying asiina's meta (she does not post when scum) cannot be trusted. asiina is more confident and willing to play a scum game now, oh but actually it's more likely she's just town. but also don't trust her not being scum.

this is what all of pera's posts read like right now

peramene posted:

Quid spends two consecutive games tunneling me and is now criticizing Asiina's glance in my direction?

subtle defense of asiina's posting...because quid was suspicious of pera in previous games?? I don't even know

peramene posted:

It's almost like I thought the same thing. And said it. And defended it adamantly. And then gave into an almost-definitely town Asiina.

peramene posted:

Obviously-town-Asiina hit me with an argument and I'm noticing yeah that she's saying a lot of what you were actually saying but I was blinded by the fact that once again I have found myself in the position of this wiki describing me as a "Lunarian from the red moon" and Red v. Blue, it's obvious. Maybe he fudged it, maybe it's just a big joke on me, whatever. Asiina convinced me that I wasn't the target of this kind of maneuver:

after going from obviously town, to she's more comfortable as scum and ready to take a stab, to 'don't trust her', asiina is back to almost definitely town, and later obviously town again.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'd say I'm null to town on asiina right now, but given all the calling out of moat and kash, I think more proactive content and calls would be good

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pander posted:

Alright.

C

I've bee traveling all day and my planes boarding in about 20 mins. So I'll be limited.

Wiling to consider Kash, but Bif is just the person I feel most. Asiina has been super reluctant to actually make scum calls, which is actually kind of weird for scum in a game with two scum teams.

I think I should kick whichever of kash/bif isn't lynched today. If neither are lynched it's bif getting the kick.

So if you have some amazeballs OPG ability maybe don't use it tonight in case my target is town. If anyone has better strategy in mind lemme know, I'm just guessing that that would be best.

I think you should definitely use it tonight no matter what. Even if we get a town reset. I think what you outline here is fine, but you should reserve the right to block someone else you think is scummy to keep them guessing. Like at a minimum I'd consider adding Gulag to your list, but there are a few others too.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I just recalled the message I sent back to KB in the last game the night he jailed and killed me

I told him I at least one of the posters everyone thinks is town will turn up scum. something to keep in mind right now I think.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Ugh. I really want to use kick in some way to confirm town but I cant figure out a way to avoid scum sneaking in too well to confirm.

Best idea I had was to have people go down the line alphabetically per player list saying yes or no if they get RBed. That way lunarians and fiends may not know for sure if it's safe to claim (if the first person who claimed ends up being lunarian, then a fiend would risk outing themselves by me tooing after the first towny claims a successful action)

I don't see that being agreed to though.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Pander posted:

Ugh. I really want to use kick in some way to confirm town but I cant figure out a way to avoid scum sneaking in too well to confirm.

Best idea I had was to have people go down the line alphabetically per player list saying yes or no if they get RBed. That way lunarians and fiends may not know for sure if it's safe to claim (if the first person who claimed ends up being lunarian, then a fiend would risk outing themselves by me tooing after the first towny claims a successful action)

I don't see that being agreed to though.
that's basically outing PRs though so I dunno. Blah.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, just in case I'm gone after tonight, my current highest potential scum are:

Gulag
Bif
Stick
Asiina

Additionally, if Fisk makes it to end game, don't neglect him as an option.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Pander posted:

that's basically outing PRs though so I dunno. Blah.

I was going to say, scum could just claim VT. It would be suspicious, but it wouldn't out them directly.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Bif

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 6

Bifauxnen (5): Pander, GulagDolls, Jonathan Fisk, Mithross, King Burgundy
Kashuno (3): Moatillata, Asiina, Little Mac
Jonathan Fisk (1): Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
Little Mac (0): Jonathan Fisk, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Jonathan Fisk
Infinitum (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Pander (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
GulagDolls (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (3): Bifauxnen, Kashuno, this is a stickup

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 03rd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 15 minutes.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
holding off on voting for now unless we are talked out

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I think you should definitely use it tonight no matter what. Even if we get a town reset. I think what you outline here is fine, but you should reserve the right to block someone else you think is scummy to keep them guessing. Like at a minimum I'd consider adding Gulag to your list, but there are a few others too.

The issue with that is if I get killed and I didn't do the declared target, it could lead to improper conclusions though? Or just mystery. Wouldn't it be better just to remove wifom here?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pander posted:

The issue with that is if I get killed and I didn't do the declared target, it could lead to improper conclusions though? Or just mystery. Wouldn't it be better just to remove wifom here?

We have/had a bus driver. There is no way to remove mystery and I was worried if you actually declared your target it would make it easier to move it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who are we turboing?

Also holy poo poo Zelda is good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

Who are we turboing?

Bif is at -2.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

That's true. I guess I assumed PQ was the bus driver. I didn't get bus driven after targeting lumpen the second night in a row, so maybe the rb happens first?

I'll probably read a bit and pick someone based on the read, especially if bif is the lynch.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Who are we turboing?

You were turboed and flipped scum

How could you do that

How could you give the town the old spicy scum inf?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Bif is at -2.

If she hits -1 I'll hammer :colbert:

Then we'll find out how sacred the JoBro Swear really is

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pander posted:

You were turboed and flipped scum

How could you do that

How could you give the town the old spicy scum inf?

I'll turbo you, and it'll look like a bloody accident

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait for the day event to be over at least.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Boarding plane. Phone going off.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ok everyone vote Pander

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Little Mac posted:

When in doubt kick a dick B

:ghost::colbert::ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

Wait for the day event to be over at least.

haven't counted I'm pretty sure C has already won since it's by plurality

Infinitum posted:

Ok everyone vote Pander

this would be hilarious :allears:

• Locked thread