Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Confirming my presign you fabulous son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

claiming bill murray

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

me, nodding in moat's direction

Me holding up a mirror at stickup

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll pay a modest sum to watch

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Way too much anime imo

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Just post it with spoilers nbd

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
You can trust us

:D

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
REPENT SCUM FOR I HAVE ARRIVED

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Rarity posted:

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL THE MONARCH OF THE DEPTHS'S GIMMICK

I TOO SPEAK LOUDLY

ITS BECAUSE MY HEARING ISNT SO GREAT

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

This was all way funnier the first time when AR did it. :colbert:

Agreed

:smith:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mithross posted:

Everything around me is flooded.

All of northern California.

Kill all water monsters.

Leviathan and Cagnazzo are the same, with tidal waves and tsunamis...

gently caress this rain gently caress it forever I am flying away from it

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Absurd Revolver posted:

i'm here now after a long and tiring day

who scum

Your mom

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Moooaaat.

Old buddy.

Old pal.

Tell me.

And speak true.

Be ye tree?

I'm not talking to you right now tobbs I'm still annoyed

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidthulhu posted:

vote moat it rhymes

:shepicide:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hi hi

I'm 550 posts behind I'll.Catch up one.Day I swear and my reads will.be so hot and fresh like a crispy creme

Not tonight tho.. yeah... Not tonight

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hey all I'm sorry for the lurking. I see everyone is voting lumpen now but I am gonna go back a couple of days and read what I missed

Apparently I tried to catch up drunkenly and now I'm trying to find where I actually left off

Also I am gonna second on holding off until we get some events

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I volunteer to hammer again, just in case there is any more fatal lynch related fuckery.

I will wait till the day events (both) are concluded this time :sweatdrop:

Hero of the goddamned thread

Was gonna put in a passion of the Christ gif here but good taste restrained me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy rolls a 1! Moatillata is killed!

:smithicide:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Among such style and grace Our highest hopes None standing still The running joke

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Do you guys drink when you play DnD?

I'm curious never done it before

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes, but I like to ramp up the drunkenness slowly as to not make party killing choices too early in the session.

The slow play, I can dig it.

I would probably try to get the whole party murdered as fast as possible

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pander posted:

The better question is when do I not drink, "at work" and "while or before driving" being the only typical answers.

D&D? That's drinkable.

HI I'm moat. Pleasure to meet you. I think we will get along nicely

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Asiina posted:

Yeah I mean getting really drunk is fun, but maybe don't try to mix it with a rules heavy game that involves a lot of taking turns.

I think I've figured out why I'm terrible at mafia

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Little Mac posted:

I don't drink but I also haven't played D&D. Correlation?

:vince:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mithross posted:

Best post, I'm going to count it as rolling a natural 20.

Moat begins spinning rapidly in his despoiled grave, generating electrical current. Moat rises as a hideous Frankenstein monster.

This is not too far from irl

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

I'll try and spend some time on this later to help set people straight, but gonna be busy for at least a few hours.

I'd really love to hear more from other lurkier folks. Asiina, if you are town in this game, step up and try to find the scum. Moat, are you going to come back from vacation now and rock our world with your reads? Etc.

Come on now, let's not set the bar too high KB.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Infinitum did it say anything about you being poisoned from the hammer?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sorry, if I missed this; but why would the fiends be trying to murder the summons? Is this something to do with FF4? (which I haven't played) or was this a breadcrumb or something I missed. The only reason I am asking is because this post:

Quidthulhu posted:

We've seen no day actions so far, so presumably this is something Lumpen would have had to prep the night before (being a dunk-proof poison bomb).

WHICH:

If Fiends have a win-con to kill the summons (which would be the only reason I could see Lumpen outing himself with a fake claim that was easily counterable, was to draw out CLord), then THEORETICALLY I could see the following happen:

-Lumpen preps his 1-shot dunkproof in the night, having decided with his scum team on this plan
-AA gets killed, throwing their plans off a bit, but they decide to go through with it because Lumpen prepped it

...I don't really know where I was going with this. I had a thread of something but I lost it. I'm tired and designing tests for tomorrow -____

Seems super :tinfoil: to me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

I think this is getting way too mixed up here. Let me try and recap instead.

D1: peramene gets lynched. (Lunarian SCUM)
N1: there are 2 kills, IS and Tobbs, both town. Fisk claims to be responsible for one of them, and that he was redirected from PQ (replaced later by AA)

So if we believe Fisk's claim of being Cecil, there was only 1 scum kill N1 for whatever reason.

D2: Fiends and Lunarians got to recharge.
N2: Pander claims he used his Kick tonight on Lumpen, RB'ing the whole fiend team. CCKeane (town) died.

On N2 there was also only 1 scum kill, presumably from the Lunarians if the Fiends have been all blocked.

D3: Town abilities refresh. Lynch on Lumpen failed, DB was the hammer.
N3: Pander claims he used Kick again, RB'ing the whole fiend team again. Rarity (town) and AA (fiend) both die. Fisk claims the hit on AA.

So on N3 there was a kill claimed by Fisk, which matches up with who he claimed to be gunning for earlier. If Fisk is scum lying about being Cecil, one would think he's on the Lunarian team rather than taking out one of his own. But that leaves another kill left, taking out Rarity.

So Fisk is probably really Cecil with a town vig, and the fiends could have been blocked, it matches up with what Pander's saying. But they also showed no kills on N1?

D4: no one recharged. Lumpen claimed that DB was poisoned now and would soon die. Lumpen got re-lynched and it worked this time.
N4: Pander claims he used Gird to become deathproof that night. DB and TMM both died (SoS was modkilled, for inactivity)

Fisk hasn't claimed any new vig hits, which he shouldn't have anyway if he's town and used it up again. So if DB really died from that poison thing Lumpen claimed, the fiends still didn't have a standard NK last night.

It sounds like the fiends might not have a direct kill ability at all, unless they got real unlucky N1 and now are trying to fake the poison ability. I can't see any advantage to that kind of thing though, unless they just wanted to scare people off of actually hammering Lumpen. But then why do that Asura claim to begin with? I still really don't loving get anything going on with Lumpen.

thanks for this

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'd ask you all to do he same

Sure, make sure to bold yours

A

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
B

King Burgundy posted:

Moat, you have any scumspects yet?

Yeah, I would be very happy voting off ahab due to his posting or Kash for a lurker vote

I am also amenable to voting for pander or even bif due to that whole jo bro thing.

Which as an aside I think is p bullshit especially since I couldn't get infinitum to shave his beard

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

What do you think of Stick?

Yeah I didn't like his interaction with you last night especially since you are confirmed town. Up until that point nothing really stuck out for me

That being said it takes me from somewhat of a towny feel to more of a null read. I think there are better choices atm but

MY EYE IS UPON HIM

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd still rather vote Quid but let's read Stickup

He really held peramene's feet to the fire on D1, seems to have genuinely helped push the case rather than hopping on the bus before it left. So probably on the Fiend scumteam instead, if scum.

The next interesting thing I found was this, from the middle of ClaimGate:

I can assume Stickup has some power based on this, but he's never mentioned it again, I don't think. I don't think fiends have got a recharge for a while... my first thought was that Stick might be assuming role madness cause he's in a team of cool powered-up scumbros, but I do see that FF1 and FF2 were described as "role madness" right in the thread title, while FF3 was obvious role job madness from the start. And Stickup was in FF2 and FF3. So this isn't the slam dunk I thought it could be.

on D2, Stickup was on the MMT case along with most people, but subtly defending known Fiend PQ a bit here:

Stickup had a bit of a run-in with Lumpen later, though. Could be distancing, but:

"twisting my words" sounds a bit strong for scum distancing. That's something that can actually sting for scum, something you wouldn't want associated with your name. Feeling this case a lot less now if Stick is supposed to be on Lumpen's fiend team. But if Stickup is supposed to be on the Lunarian team, why push peramene so hard? She could've theoretically pulled out of it at least on D1. There were people suss on MMT instead, and people who could have accepted that pera's wordiness was just her style. It was posts like Stickup's that really hammered it home and increased the pressure on pera, driving her to make more bad posts.

Moving on, I see a lot more debate over the towniness of powers like pera's. Seems a bit hypocritical when Stickup was all about the role madness before.

Today, the scummiest thing seems to be the arguing with KB, but I don't see that as particularly scummy myself. With KB being confirmed town I'd picture scum wanting to stay out of arguments with him to avoid looking bad. Like, there is nothing to gain there.

Overall, I'm not too convinced. Still voting Quid.

fake edit: haha, hi Quid!

This is a strong case against stick up and jives with my reread of him today. The push on pera vs the lumpen Lynch really stands out for me. Also, the role madness comment although not a smoking gun really adds to the totality of everything else.

It's really odd imo that there isn't a vote at tho

##vote sticky

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

And further, it makes sense if he got caught flat footed and was just reacting in the heat of the moment. Scum do things that don't make sense all the time due to that. At least the ones who actually post.

I think this may have been the case

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

Note, I'm not actually accusing LM here, I'm just pointing out this is the kind of behavior I see a lot from scum when asked about a buddy. I would not be shocked if Stick is scum and one of the many people who have avoided talking about him is a buddy.

This is funny because I have said the say thing about these "whaaa i forgot so and so was even in this game" posts (most recently against mmt in swan song)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ahab Itualliar posted:

Thats... not a strong case against stick up, in fact most of it explains why he would not likely be scum.

Did you not read it but then just try and jump on a vote?

The last sentence isn't a strong recommendation but the content is what I was seeing in my reread (have you re read stickup?)

Namely:

-Role madness comment
-Dogged push on pera vs hopping on lumpen trolley
-light bus of PQ, followed by a move from PQ to mmt
-recent interaction with KB

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

are you sure read the post you're quoting?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ahab Itualliar posted:

I put forward that I, unlike moat, am actually reading what people post.

Literacyshaming smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

can anyone dig this up for me? I'm on my phone and a little busy

Just did, don't have it anymore I delete my old docs

• Locked thread