Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I will also sign up. Let's start this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

He has the little grenade thingy so doesnt that mean he has plat? Are his PMs full?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CCKeane posted:

HELLO I'M CID I'M GOING TO HIT YOU WITH A HAMMER AND FIX YOUR AIRSHIP HAHAHA I HAVE HIGH HP AND A BEARD!

I don't believe you.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kashuno posted:

skippin jokephase

It's by far my favorite phase though

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

is destroying ships a thing in the game? if the king of the sea is someone that destroys ships, wouldn't that probably be a scum role?

You've broken the case wide open

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

Ok I was going to keep up the PR all game but dammit, I can't cause I need to argue with Kash. It's for the best really.

Dude, there is only one way that post reads as genuine and that's if it was a joke. The problem with that is the tone of the post has no element of joking and you've already taken yourself out of jokephase. So all I can take from it is that the game has literally just started and you're already handwringing over a lynch which makes zero logical sense. What was your purpose in making that post?

I'm sad you broke your PR for Kashuno.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

No, but you do have to comment about how many posts there are and how you're not going to read them.

So you are good IMO.

Didn't even read this post lol

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

heeeey wait a minute

does Kash casing stickup for being on my case mean he thinks I'm town??

That's EXACTLY what he wants you to think!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

A SEA SERPENT NEEDS VARIETY AFTER TEN GAZILLION YEARS :(

Has it been a challenging mating season for sea king?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mithross posted:

Everything around me is flooded.

All of northern California.

Kill all water monsters.

Leviathan and Cagnazzo are the same, with tidal waves and tsunamis...

It's spreading to Southern California what have you done!!!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

peramene posted:

lmao I love this timing

There was a lull in T/D and I was just confirming - I am indeed skipping jokephase because I don't get it but I'm really excited because once again my favorite people are here and hopefully we all don't loving die this time.

I'll probably be gone a lot of tomorrow too just 'cuz d1 is pointless
Is this how you usually play?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lets Vote D baby!

peramene posted:

Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
I am very flattered. Your post, however, is a little crazy.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote Lumpen
You can't go wrong with this vote.

I think pera's posting style is giving people a lot of false reads, and I'm more interested in the people who took that opportunity to slip a vote in.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hi lumpen 🙀

##vote pera

GulagDolls posted:

##vote pera

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

What do you think of my posts regarding pera?

I think in this post:

Rarity posted:

:siren: Hey people, notice how pera is ignoring my post against her because she can't think of a decent argument :siren:
If it had been a longer amount of time it would be more of a red flag, but I don't think it is really that siren-worthy especially since she did address it less than an hour later.

Rarity posted:

This is a terrible answer, I expected better of you. Also:

These posts don't vibe together at all ##vote pera
I do agree with you here that there is an inconsistency, but this:

Rarity posted:

I'm not going to point out the exact huge glaring fault in pera's defence there, I assume you all have the wherewithall to see it for yourselves.
is kind of a weird thing to do. Why not just point it out and further solidify your case? Why not give the rest of us idiot townies the information?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

word vomiting is definitely a null tell, agreed. but this game pera is 1) being inconsistent and contradicting herself continuously, 2) word vomiting fluff rather than attempting to scumhunt, and 3) noticeably excited about this game despite being "upset" that she "isn't scum" again

here are two (snipped) posts, one from this game and one from FF3 so you don't have to go over it all. read the first from this game, then look at how different she was posting during FF3
This meta case does not feel that strong to me at all

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

Town players don't need time to come up with defences to cases. They have nothing to feel guilty about so they react honestly and in the moment. As for pera, she'd clearly already read beyond it in the thread but neglected to give it an immediate reaction until she'd had time to think it over. That shows an inherent fear over falling under further suspicion.
I think you are reading too much into what happened.

quote:

Because I want to help everyone come to their own opinion, not tell them what their opinion is.

Presenting evidence in a clear manner is not the same thing as telling people what their opinion is.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pander posted:

Was busy hiking all day yesterday. Way too many posts to read closely. Rarity's stuff stood out more than anything of the stuff I skimmed. It just strikes me as ineffective analysis of minor points billed as legit good reads.

This post screamed "this is how I think a towny gloats".

Also there were a couple posts that were kinda hypocritical and summarize what I meant as "ineffective analysis:
1) rarity using meta on pera despite admitting to limited mafia experience with pera
2) rarity calling out pera for using limited meta to analyze rarity.

Other inconsequential things, like some innocuous quotes drummed up as "thinking two things at once".

pera has a lot of words. Outside of me I don't remember many people using that many words as scum. It requires a lot of confidence and boldness. Without even reading him I think it means he's town.

##vote rarity

Nobody commented on this, but it stuck out to me because you perfectly captured my feelings wrt Rarity. The smug confidence in her reads throws me off.

Also vote B

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Catching up after a long and busy weekend, I'll post some thoughts I had while reading:

chaoslord posted:

This is something new. In one post, she goes from "you think you see something, you throw out a barely-out-of-jokephase vote on Infi based on what you see" to " the people who are trying to spin that as me legitimately believing Infinitum was scum are trying to make my posts look worse than they actually were." So she voted infinitum: 1) based on something she saw; and 2) the vote was out of jokephase. The implication I'd take away from a vote fulfilling those two conditions was that she at the time thought Infinitum was scum. Maybe not super strongly, no, but to vote based on something you see tells me that you have scum feels. But then she says that people who are saying she thought infinitum were scum are trying to make her post look bad. At this point though I may be reading too much into this since I already think she is scum, but it seems like a weird contradiction.
I think the original vote on Inf by MMT was bad and based around some poor meta information. The contradiction you point is interesting though, and I went back to look if your psuedo-quotes were accurate and they are almost word for word:

Murmur Twin posted:

But holy poo poo the people who are trying to spin that as me legitimately believing Infinitum was scum / trying to whip up momentum on him are either completely misreading the situation or scum trying to make my posts look worse than they actually were.
Isn't a vote for somebody a statement that you think they are scum? Why would you make your post if you didn't want other people to vote for him? Doesn't make any sense.

I liked Pander's D1 thoughts about pera, and even though she turned out to be scum I can't deny that I wasn't totally convinced yesterday.

Pander posted:

can you quote where she did that? I've been putting off reading her because she already seems doomed regardless, and she's written a lot.
This doesnt jive with me though, it had only been a few hours since the start of the day, she had 5 votes on her. I'd hardly consider that doomed, and this dismissal seems weird.

I also think Dick Bastardly's vote is pretty lazy and his reasoning is bad. I don't think he read MMTs post correctly.

I gotta do some work then I'll catch up on Rarity/Lumpen

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Vote D

Lumpen posted:

That wasn't to seal pera's lynch, it was a continuation of a conversation from Survivor, and pera needs major help with her Scum game, clearly. I only bother to be an obnoxious and patronising dick so that peramene can become better, because I think peramene is the most interesting and delightful Mafia player who's come along in quite a while. Also because I was really really feeling sure she would flip Scum and I wanted a post on the record to feel smug about D2.

This is lumpen's response to Rarity, who had scum feelings about a post he made at the end of D1 about pera.
The way he has worded it, it makes me feel like he KNEW pera would flip scum and he wanted to get on the record. This isn't a townie play, and I know Lumpen has a reputation but this just seems like a scum player making sure there is evidence to point back to D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Hey CCKeane, I am genuinely unsure if this is just jokephase, an actual role claim/ability use, or both or what.

Why haven't you voted MMT yet?

Enola's post of keane quotes and then his follow up question seem really bad. Three of the four quoted posts are obvious jokes. Enola, why havent you voted ANYONE yet? Avoiding bandwagons isnt an answer.

• Locked thread