Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
No extra mechanics but still story encounters.

interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't consider story counters extra because they are integral to these games and also I have used story events in many games of mafia so they aren't abnormal.

Oh no I meant more like interested in seeing what happens with them this time

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

Also, this gives me an out. If I roll scum I've just got to cause an emergency condition and lurk...

Just lol if you don't post from your raft

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pera begging to be scum.

Surely this time. Surely.

##vote peramene

capital p really hosed up imo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
cpig take this time to make sure my role PM has everything it should this time :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ya I will know you're lying immediately if you call me cool irl.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

I also enjoy the odd synchronicity our avatars have. . . it's. . . almost hypnotic.

I can never unsee it now...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Conforming.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is gonna be a good game.

I feel bad for scum, they are gonna get rolled.

:siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Lynch all liars

##vote Keane

???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
skippin jokephase

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is a stickup posted:

seems forced ##vote king burgundy

this is a stickup posted:

no I have declared my intentions to attempt killing bif every day and night phase so mith is safe!

:/

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Kash, if you are skipping jokephase, and are trying to be more serious. I'm going to need more from you then sirens and frowny faces when describing what you like/don't like about a post. At least if you are really trying to change what you are known for in mafia.

If skipping joke phase is just a joke though, carry on!

The siren isn't much, the frowny face is stickup joke voting you then (joke?) saying they are gonna go hard on Bif. Seems strange really early on and inconsistency is never good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
KB is going to be the town apathy lynch d1 already

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

and yet you aren't pushing for it :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pander posted:

*motivating speech about changing fate*

##vote kashuno

This is a terrible post.

Rarity posted:

THE WEIRDNESS OF THIS POST DISTURBS THE GREAT SEA KING

see above

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pander post: No real content, bad joke vote.
Rarity post: Weird comment to make, no explanation, not a joke(?) post.

Rarity looks much worse imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, that call out with me at 3 votes out of 14 for cuddle seemed odd. It made me check votefinder.

Hyperbole

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Semantics

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I see skipping JP doesn't mean not posting during it.

:h: Tobbs Gnawed hosed around with this message at 4:08 PM

Okay this made me laugh.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like to make posts like that to see what shakes out. I think you're getting surprisingly serious feeling like you need to argue with me already. Scum worries?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Nah, you know I don't get worried as scum.

Reaction test works for me as a reason though, fair enough.

Tbf it has been a while since I've played a game with you!

Pander posted:

this is the posting equivalent of me just staring at the gigantic dump I just took, not quite sure how long it's considered okay to admire before flushing.

idgi what are you trying to say here

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I see nothing wrong with Kashunos posting. He's said he wants to break the idea that he is a shitposter and so he's making content. It's forced as hell because I don't even know if the game has officially begun yet, but it's fine.

I feel like there is a lot more to early posting than we normally give credit to.

Rarity posted:

Something nobody has ever said ever

That's the point of me trying to make it better :sun:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

heeeey wait a minute

does Kash casing stickup for being on my case mean he thinks I'm town??

Don't do this to me :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You're a serpent?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

well did you at least get a full PM? :raise:

I think so. I even read the whole thing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is rarity scum? The drowned king is an enemy in ff4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember ff4 at all so I'll be struggling thru with any sort of flavor stuff

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hmm

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hello friends, I will probably be quiet throughout the weekend but will return with a vengeance :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Guess who just got back and has time to r--

Oh. Okay.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm really mad because work imploded and I am doing 12 hour days of physical labor for a week or two. Can someone get me up to speed on why we are looking at MMT

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Really sorry because I can't dedicate the time to mafia I wish I could, but I don't get the MMT case and I think it's a really bad push.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

I thought you were motivated and prepared to change your image... Your excuse making is lame and your convenient change is Scummy.
If you happen to be Town and don't want to do the work to contribute but you want to dismiss the opinions of those of us who have been paying attention, you are part of the problem.

I don't mind doing the work, if you vote Pander.

I was interested in contributing, but I've had to spend upwards up of 12 hours a day in the office moving desks around and rearranging the office, so I didn't get a chance to read over things. I'm trying my best!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I find myself agreeing with j fisk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ya it blows I can't contribute like I wanted to I'm really annoyed with work. Let me go back through best I can

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Serious question, i'm re-reading from page 8 and just making notes of it as I go. If I post them all will people read them? If people don't want to see a wall of text I will link to the google doc.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Post each "note" as a post as you make it. Don't link offsite editable docs ever. If you make a wall of text post, yeah it will likely not be read. It is important to have your thoughts on the record, if you're for real. And if you're Scum, it gives me something to pick apart and hang you with. So yeah, post post post either way.

I'm literally 4 google doc pages in already broken down by post page so I will probably just do it like that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
page 8-14, lots of quotes and stuff. Lunch is running short, so I am doing the rest with just paragraph summaries unless something sticks out
Page 8

GulagDolls posted:

I am a water monster.

Important to note after rarity’s claim

Quidthulhu posted:

I've played a lot of games with Asiina lately and something about this sentence seems far more "constructed" than her usual off the cuff fast takes she's been giving with her town streak lately.

Want to hear more from quid re: asiina. Quid does a lot of posting here but it’s mostly white noise. Somewhat sus. His joke(?) to J Fisk was weird.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT hunting 3P D1 and being hedgy.

Ho boy ##vote MMT

:agreed: This looks bad especially so early on.

Murmur Twin posted:

In a game where Pig said there are three alignments, I thought it was worth pointing out that Rarity was claiming to be a character who would fit into the profile of a third alignment.

You can call that 3P hunting if you want, it was literally just me saying something that I noticed.

Mmm okay I buy this.

Page 9

Ahab Itualliar posted:

I legit believe this

Will revisit day 2.

Joke phase sucks rear end.

Rarity posted:

Yeahhhhhh, no.

Yeah, I'm not buying this for a second. This is only my second game with pera so I can't really call this a meta read but from everything I know about her as a person there's no way she'd be happy to sit back and let the game happen without putting her two cents in, even as disappointed town. She loves the sound of her own voice far too much (just look at how wordy her posts are) and she has too much pride in herself to take a backseat to everyone else. I think she's refusing to engage because she rolled scum and wants to coast for a while to make sure she goes the distance in her first scum game.

I'm very excited to see her posts of praise for me in the scumdoc after the game ends :)

This post from Rarity bothers me. It seems really constructed and fake, especially since Rarity of her own admission hasn’t mafia’d much with pera. Ehhhh.

Rarity posted:

I'm reading FF3 and pera did the exact same thing in that game where she was town so ##unvote

Fine.

Fuckin lol yeah this is really not looking good for Rarity. Quick takeback of an opinion like that reads as scum trying to distance themselves but still run interference.

Page 10
~Event Stuff~ Finally to MMT casing stuff!

Murmur Twin posted:

Setup spec ahoy!

##vote Infinitum - town won FF3 and D was always a bad option so I find it suspicious that Infi is trying to encourage people to choose it.

I choose C - if D is bad, it means dream pies are bad, and since Kain goes all evil in the first half of FF4 I feel like I'd rather have him be the one to eat it.

HOLY BAD this is looking for an excuse to vote inf. Dunno if scum MMT would be so obvious but WOW

(Sidenote: Keane is shitposting A LOT)

Quidthulhu posted:

The MMT/Inf argument is p. boring to me, I think they're both town

Asiina still reading as completely manufactured.

##vote Asiina

Oh there’s quid with more about Asiina. I do agree with Quid that Asiina looks manufactured up to this point. She makes a pretty wordy post but no serious opinion on pera. It’s like she is talking about her just to talk about her. Would vote.

Inf/MMT seems like a dumb slap fight.

Asiina posted:

I'll get to the day event in a minute, but I remembered I said I'd be able to know whether KB is scum by page 10 so I went to check his posting. There's not much there so I was feeling like drat, I can't make a call yet and was going to encourage him to post more then I read this post again, which was in response to me saying I'd be able to know if he was scum or not:

This posts assumes I'm town. It would make no sense at all if I was scum, a possibility KB doesn't even consider.

SCUM SLIP?!

##vote KB

I didn’t immediately think much of this beyond a joke but it is important for later.

Page 11

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't know if this is fully serious but I do find it curious and would consider it worth another look

Fisk RE: Asiina on KB. Want to see more from all sides in this.

CCKeane posted:

This is a good point.

Same re KB

Asiina posted:

It's mostly serious. I do legitimately think it's odd and want to hear more from KB. The vote is just to add some pressure rather than thinking I have a 100% rock solid case.

Okay.

~Back and forth Asii/Quid~

Mithross pops in, yet to hear anything substantial from him. Enola pops in no opinions.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Your point depends on KB knowing your alignment, but he's not one to be immediately suspicious of people. When he's town, his cases are well-reasoned, and come after he's found information pointing to someone being scum.

Remember FF3? He pushed lurkers, made a terrible case on IS, and was scum. Youre making an alignment call based on twisted logic (KB can't be interested in my alignment calls on him unless he's scum) is actually completely nonsensical.

Give it a bit more time, and look at his cases before calling his alignment.

Same opinion.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm pretty sure that posting things and seeing how the other party reacts is also called "analysis".

Any votes/cases made at this point in the game are going to be based on hunches and I didn't really feel like it's worth going through it point by point, but if it helps:

Questions for Infi:

(a) Why is it dumb to bring up the information that D was always a bad choice in the last FF game? Would you prefer that I withhold information that jumps out to me that might help town?

(b) You encouraged people to stand out and make their own choices, and then voted me and called me "dumb or scum" for doing exactly that. Do you agree or disagree with this?

(c) In the event that you're town and D is a bad choice, you're basically encouraging town to follow up a mistake (choosing D) with another mistake (turboing a town player). Do you agree or disagree with this?

Doubling down on a horrible read. Strikes me as bad town not scum.

Bifauxnen posted:

you know, I'm from Auspol and so I haven't played as many games with Asiina, but literally every one I have happened to see her play in I think she's been town. (can someone point out a game for me where she has been scum, cause I can't remember reading one)

And yet, every single time, she ends up being cased the same way like this. "oh she sounds fake", "oh she sounds manufactured", usually without much else to say about it. Maybe it's just a personal thing I'm wired to notice more cause I feel like I get the same treatment a lot, but I think if I can notice the trend by now you guys should too and maybe it's just trying to push known buttons on purpose.

##vote Quidthulu

I really don’t like this. Nowhere in this post is Bif accusing Quid of being scum, but rather just that Asiina is town. If it’s just that everyone calls her scum for that reason, WHY does it make quid scum to do the norm?

peramene posted:

tl;dr: I will be reading MMT, KB, and Rarity's jokephase posts. I will google at least my flavor and probably a quick skim of the FF4 plot tho I do want to play it some day so ehhhh spoilers???? suck it up, sara. (MMT - FF4 good to me?); don't trust Asiina just because she's posting. Never trust me, KB, MMT, or Rarity. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I just listed the entire scum team and then we rolled town laughing maniacally? Dream team.

Make note of MMT, KB, and Rarity.

Page 12
<null>, maybe note IS for his big talk on pera saying nothing.
Page 13

Pussy Quipped posted:

I think in this post:

If it had been a longer amount of time it would be more of a red flag, but I don't think it is really that siren-worthy especially since she did address it less than an hour later.

I do agree with you here that there is an inconsistency, but this:

is kind of a weird thing to do. Why not just point it out and further solidify your case? Why not give the rest of us idiot townies the information?

Lots of defense for pera on this page from PQ. Strange defense, calling out a lot of people for their pera votes. Not gonna go over all of it but this one especially stood out. PQ is likely scum

Lumpen posted:

Hello pals.

I have caught up, and I feel confident peramene will flip Scum based on her page 9 flaming scumpost, reinforced by her subsequent ones.

##Vote peramene

Someday we will both survive to the point of the game where you can see me post a List, peramene, someday.

Yep

Page 14

Mithross finally appears to agree pera is bad. Bif makes a huge post about pera/MMT/Rarity and honestly really says NOTHING. It’s a huge post :ironicat: for no reason. Still voting quid after this. Out of character? Bif is running defense.

Asiina posted:

Okay, since KB did a catchup I am making my official prediction based on gut that he is Town. We'll see after the game whether it's all in my head.

I am leaning voting MMT or pera. I'm not feeling super strong on either of them, but strong enough for a D1 vote.

##vote MMT since it's a marginally stronger read.

Would also unashamedly vote Lumpen for entirely unrelated to game reasons.

I don’t like this post r

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Page 15
~Less time left in my read back so gonna boil these down to key points from here on I think~

Weird no one seems to agree with Quid. pera is obvious but come on. Gulag yet to post anything at all relevant. IS and TIAS post a lot of noise. I don’t like it. Dick Bastardly comes around from…??? Says nothing. Taste seems good. Weird bif poo poo. Lots of people running to MMT over pera makes me think the case on MMT is bad. Scum don’t want to split the vote that way between two scum.

Page 16
Chaoslord comes in. KB IS SCUM I AM CALLING IT AS OF THIS PAGE. Inf MMT still going town slapfight jfc. Science of Suck comes in. Agree on Bif. The amount of “hm I think mmt scum but voting pera” is at critical mass by now but pera is scum so? Idk the third alignment thing MIGHT come into play but I don’t feel scum team from her or inf.

Page 17
Little mac…? DB defending pera bad. poo poo with pera dumb af. Pander comes in and...votes rarity. Reallly...odd.

Yeah I’m stopping her the amount of pissing about on pera isn’t giving me anything new.Onto d2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
top scum reads from reading are rarity, PQ, KB. Definitely.

• Locked thread