Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Please.

Please.

Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

capital p really hosed up imo.

thanks for backing me up man drat

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

No, screw him over for the 3rd straight game :twisted:

How can we play mafia with insufficient Kashuno's Tears?

Calling Town Victory literally because CPig doesn't just make me scum, he makes me an SK with incredible abilities, and I loving blow it at the last second because I can't resist telling Kashuno I think he's cool irl.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

ya I will know you're lying immediately if you call me cool irl.

For the record, I do think you're hilarious and I enjoy our times together.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I also enjoy the odd synchronicity our avatars have. . . it's. . . almost hypnotic.

BTW - regardless of what my role PM is, I won't be around tonight and will probably just skip the entirety of joke phase (I just don't enjoy it); in the spirit of fairness I will neither post nor read my role PM until the conclusion of joke phase. I will also try to keep my posts short. But... y'know. Sometimes a bitch has things to say, y'know?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I love this timing

There was a lull in T/D and I was just confirming - I am indeed skipping jokephase because I don't get it but I'm really excited because once again my favorite people are here and hopefully we all don't loving die this time.

I'll probably be gone a lot of tomorrow too just 'cuz d1 is pointless

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh also if anybody loved 3mg per day xanax!pera just you loving wait 'cuz they upped my dose

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pussy Quipped posted:

Is this how you usually play?

It's weird that the game is opening up on friday night which is a special night for me and all; I'd like to think I'm gradually improving but nobody is good at mafia and I suck anyway. Hi, I'm peramene aka Sara, I'm probably gonna be here awhile ffs.

IllegallySober posted:

I could see pera rolling scum and spending all of D1 filling the scumdoc with questions about how to play as scum. :D

Let me be perfectly loving clear about something. The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya... just gotta put up with it in new games. But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here. This time I'm just calling attention to that fact rather than just bailing on the first few days of posting and catching up. No loving reason at all to read most of these posts as town!peramene until much later. No offense town!Rarity, godspeed you crazy diamond scum!Rarity.

IS I hope we get to be scum together someday because mama's gonna show you how to loving roll town like a goddamn california roll -- jeez so much for shorter posts, gently caress
Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
Also MMT if you managed to get scum without me be sure not to let me blow you up D1 again <3 DEAD TO RIGHTS

tl;dr: per usual, back after kashuno et al have had their fun and we can get serious

MAFIA EDIT:

GulagDolls posted:

ok friends..rally to me...it is time to gather the four sjws of light :black101:

I'm gonna throw up. peace

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
MAFIA EDIT: GOD MY TIMING

peramene posted:

...I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking....

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it...

Let me share some initial thoughts from my morning skim that I said I wasn't gonna do but then did.

"Skipping jokephase" wasn't totally honest of me. (Shock and surprise!) There's a handful of people I am intimately familiar with or who have obvious / community-known metareads or whose posting I simply do honestly enjoy, even when it is, uh, shitposting - I won't name all of them, obviously. These individuals either represent major threats to town when I'm town, or perfect allies to scum when I'm scum. And, uh, I suppose, uh, good... Mafia... ally, Rarity. loving Ecco. Why finally let me be mafia but not make me scum?? I'm still pissed. Anyway: MMT, who likely remembers with a laugh, though I've forgotten what game it was, That Time I had her dead to loving rights off of one post D1 but then had to replace out. King Burgundy, the incredible genius MASTERMIND behind FF3's scum """"""""""team"""""""""" who almost loving had us and then we died together because his grace didn't take into account what I'd been screaming for days: attempting to slay the rest of the Thieves' Guild with a dual-attack, he fired on Mithross and myself - resulting in his attempt to kill Mithross being redirected to Kashuno, who of course, redirected any kill at himself towards whomever was attacking him. He slew his dark master in the night for his hubris and rightfully met the lynch the following day. King Burgundy, that beautiful bastard, killed by his own ability but at least, taking me with him. I will likely read every single post his grace ever makes in a mafia game even when I am not playing, simply to learn from his masterful capability. FF3 ended in a Reichenbach, with all possible praise deserving of such an incredible mind for deception. And speaking of Professor Moriarty - If Rarity is really back for real, this is obviously true of her too (ps gratz on GCS - what is it with Us and lying? It's almost like we have to develop the skill to survive). Scum!Rarity is - well, why not? - an enormous predator which consumes all and leaves naught for the living, a master of the craft that leaves me breathless every time I get the distinct privilege to observe it. And finally, because I'm dying to see it: Asiina. I saw that Asiina had been posting frequently and even targeting me which is fun and came to make this post with Asiina: Town, obviously. Speaking now of Podlima, Asiina's meta was used by one of my teammates - if I'm remembering correctly - in order to accuse her. Number of posts and content of posts, Asiina's not comfortable being scum but "oh no guys, oh no, every now and then, I can fight my own meta." I called out to town never to rely on Asiina's meta, hoping and believing that she was scum because I'll bet Scum!Asiina is as good if not better, now, than Rarity. (I always root for my girls though. #ladiesalliances)

This isn't a case, this isn't an effortpost, this is just me checking in that I will actually in fact be here, here and there throughout the day, and I'll be doing some reading, but probably no "reading" until people get serious. FF3 was a goddamn shitstorm if also one of my greatest personal victories yet imo. However, "consider the following:"

Asiina posted:

If you look past the wordiness of pera's post to the point she's making, it's pretty bad. Skipping jokephase is one thing. It's a dumb thing, but people do it anyway. Skipping actual D1 because it doesn't lead to anything is what makes games die. You just throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks and then use that to build the rest of the game up.

That said, pera is still fairly new and I don't know if she has much experience with that kind of dead game, so while it is bad I'm not willing to vote on it for the moment. We'll see how the rest of the day goes and if her posting gets better.

How exactly do I put this? How... best... to put this... I see you, Asiina. Purely because of this post, I'll hear no argument based on Asiina's "meta" of "well, she's posting!" as justification for not voting her, and furthermore her focus on me is curious. But valid, I suppose? Very peculiar misread of what I said, though. Then again, I am especially verbose and work really hard on these posts and half of you don't force yourself through them whatsoever. I don't blame you. I'm different. Her name is Caroline.

Speaking of which:

Pussy Quipped posted:

Lets Vote D baby!

I am very flattered. Your however, is a little crazy.

Granted. See below for a tl;dr. I don't know anything about FF4 and didn't expect to make this event today, but am going with P>Q and IS and saying it's better to find out if we get a consequences when there are, hypothetically, more of us to soak it rather than wait until later when - heh - a compelling D comes around and it's truly difficult to make up our minds.

gently caress. Eh, this one's not so bad.

tl;dr: I will be reading MMT, KB, and Rarity's jokephase posts. I will google at least my flavor and probably a quick skim of the FF4 plot tho I do want to play it some day so ehhhh spoilers???? suck it up, sara. (MMT - FF4 good to me?); don't trust Asiina just because she's posting. Never trust me, KB, MMT, or Rarity. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I just listed the entire scum team and then we rolled town laughing maniacally? Dream team.

[D] if it's not clear enough up there for our darling mod

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

sara when someone gives you coaching in your scumdoc you shouldn't backpedal so hard that you generate lift

The day someone who hasn't earned it gives me "coaching" in a scumdoc is the day I out them as scum in thread without warning and build a FF3-KB style case out of thin air to bury them so far down underground their only option is to build a case that is easily disproven against me so that we secure the win on the crumbling ashes of their hubris

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm a little confused, is that post trying to say Asiina: Town, obviously? Or should we go more by the tl;dr ending summary, of don't trust Asiina just because she's posting?

Apologies for lack of clarity. This might help: "I came here today with the intention to do one thing, because she was posting. But then I realized she may have taken into account my advice from last game, and look what she's choosing to do with it." It's not necessarily scummy, it's not a case, it's just something I wanted to point out. I don't think we should trust Asiina's meta this time around. I think she's gotten more confident and might just be ready to take a stab. Or - more likely - she is just town. All I am meaning to say is don't trust that meta like a drat fool.

Asiina posted:

pera, why do you think I mischaracterized your initial post?

100 words or less please.

Thank you for asking! I tried to make this clear with my italics. I said I wasn't going to be around for approximately the first half of D1, meaning today. I am actually here, QED. Just saying that I said half a day, and you appeared to be characterizing me as skipping the entirety of D1 while the goddamn shitlords ran their gamut. No. No. No. The second half of D1 - tomorrow - tends to be where things start becoming relevant. At least to me, excepting the people I know, love, cherish, adore, enjoy, etc. simply by knowing them. Fair enough?

GulagDolls posted:

i support a perameme murder

same tbh

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Especially since there's some heat on me, I'm just gonna make comments as I skim. In Podlima I took too long thanking Grandicap for complimenting me and as a result got killed before I could confirm PMom. And then I got my heart yanked out, which was hot. Should result in shorter posts? ("Skimming and making comments or killing you?" 'Yes.') Maybe? :/

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm not so much confused as I'm not seeing that as what you did but ok :shrug:

Quid spends two consecutive games tunneling me and is now criticizing Asiina's glance in my direction?

Alright.

Rarity posted:

This looks like Asii's town game to me.

Just out of curiosity, which of my scum games have you seen?

Only the one. Er, two? Nobody counts popcon2. This isn't one of them, is it? :( I don't know how long you're back and I'd hate for you to leave just 'cuz it gets boring for you (esp now that I'm actually building a game myself)

GulagDolls posted:

rarity just lurks as scum every time lol

##vote gulagdolls

Your pretty face won't save you from my villain worship.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

While it's too early to make a hard call on this and I acknoweldge that it's not out of character for pera, I would call that a scum post since (a) she's basically just flattering a bunch of players while (b) not really adding any value in terms of scumhunting / observations about this current game. She claims to have skimmed the thread but then most of her observations are about other games.

Huh. I didn't even notice that. Sucks, we could've both had d1 dunks on each other. That would be cool.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

People have been serious posting and casting real votes.

You have time to write your novel, I see, but not enough time to read the thread?

Yeah? Glad to hear it though. Are you telling me the one game I finally decide to just skip the pointless posts is the one game where people get poo poo together going early? In that case, I have serious catching up to do lmao

Rarity posted:

PS. pera, if you want to see at my scummy best then go read Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mafia

Thank you so much. It felt creepy to ask even in private and I'm never sure about these things.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Except I wasn't talking about the first 24 hours of D1 compared to the second 24 hours. I was referring to this:

Which appears to be saying that D1 lynches are almost always town and so D1 arguments are pointless, which is what I have a problem with. D1 may not be successful in catching scum the majority of the time, but that doesn't therefore mean it's right to check out of D1. You're not the first person to make this argument, but it's always a bad one for the reasons I'm saying.

So do you still believe this? How do you respond to my post now that you know what I'm talking about?

Like this is an ethos argument and I'm willing to hear an ethos argument from you especially, and willing to cop to being ~new and unsure~ and definitely overconfident after six straight (town) wins but that - at least so far - I haven't actually seen the points you're making (yet). Regardless, what I had planned to do this morning isn't a thing and I'm stuck in bed so here we are.

If Tobbs is right and real poo poo is going on, and I've missed out, the very first time I've decided to flip the table in frustration? That's just lovely of me, especially to throw such a fit over it because I knew for drat sure CPig wasn't gonna let me have it. D1 lynch is gonna be town statistically speaking so okay but gimme some time to actually see if Tobbs is right and WHO KNOWS maybe I can at least contribute a little first.

Pre-emptively I guess I should apologize for being a pompous rear end in a top hat in my first big post but I've googled my character and read (half of) MMT's posts and this really loving feels personal, CPig. But those of you who know and love me know that I can hardly resist a good grandstanding.

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't remember the first game but the last game I was scum and you were an announced "not-scum" so I'm not sure what the point of this is :v:

Oh, right. Duh. I got so fed up with the fact that loving Ecco made me town but "Mafia," I completely forgot you steel assholes were even around. (I think you almost had that one, by the way - SSV claiming was a huge... right, things to do. PM me when I'm dead, Quid, it'll be fun. I haven't even read your doc yet.)

Mafia Edit:

CapitalistPig posted:

Lumpen Replaces Absurd Revolver!

Please let Lumpen be scum. Please make Lumpen be scum. Please please please PLEASE.

Murmur Twin posted:

me/pera are scumbuddies?

I loving WISH. god I'd give just about anything to be ""scum"" with MMT again.

tl;dr - I guess don't really bother reading this one except for the top paragraph response to Asiina. The rest is ""fluff"".

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Not intentionally. And just to be clear, do you think scum!peramene would ignore the chance to test herself against you? Please give me a game where you're an SK and I'm scum and we can really fight. That would be incredible. Um, beyond fluff though -- this one?

Rarity posted:

This is a terrible answer, I expected better of you. Also:

These posts don't vibe together at all ##vote pera

Surely this can't be it? I'll keep looking but since this is the one with the vote attached to it, if folks read the rest of my posts I think these points have been addressed.

Yeah, this is me loving something up. If I had my memory like when last we faced one another it would be nothing at all but I'll check the timestamps 'cuz I think I've figured it out:

Post one is at Feb 17, 2017 7:58 PM, right during a lull in T/D when I wanted to confirm (I'm not even sure this is a necessary thing to do btw would somebody fill me in?) since I saw lots of folks doing that glancing at the last page and at least to my eyes seeing exactly what I expected to see and...

Post two is today. Feb 18, 2017 1:01 PM.

I am referring to two different tomorrows, specifically, today the 18th in the first post - when I expected to be occupied with Other Things - and tomorrow the 19th in the second DID ANYBODY BOTHER TO CHECK MY WORDCOUNT ON ASIINA'S ANSWER? COME ON. Unless I'm mistaken the deadline is... tomorrow. 30 hours from now. Right? I'm hearing talk of votefinder being screwy so i dunno.

This can't be the right post where you're hitting me with something, especially not with a response like that from IS.

(It was clear I was referring to ABB with "the one", right? I'm sorry honey, either I need the Xanax I'm 23 minutes away from or something weird is going on.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Good points MMT

I'm really excited to see the results of stickup's post because its way better than my totally-wrong-case on him last time but for the record obviously I'm saying it's wrong but of course I am, but since he specifically pointed it out I feel like I've got to loving let this drop. "The Town's Savior?" No.

It's the Mafia thing again. He made me "Fusoya". I breadcrumbed it expecting to be doing this later but who cares. I have a thing I can do, but let's not stand on ceremony. Let me save everybody the trouble:

""Fusoya was tasked to watch over the Lunar Sleep, but a Lunarian named Zemus desired to annihilate life on Earth so that the Lunarians could take it over. Fusoya awaits on the moon for the one who would help defeat Zemus to arrive. This person happens to be his nephew Cecil Harvey, accompanied by Rydia, Rosa Joanna Farrell, and Edge." #

Like, okay, I see how it's blue, right? I get it. But I'm on the loving moon. And GUESS WHAT ELSE

"He is a Lunarian from the Red Moon, and it is his job to watch over the Lunarians' sleep. He is the oldest of the main characters and reveals significant plot details during the short time he is with the party."

Money down. There's the scum faction's name. Red versus blue or whatever, right?

##unvote

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Like half of Pera's posts are just saying how she'd totally wreck all of us if she was scum so I don't know y'all I think maybe we should listen to her obviously she'd be simply TOO BIG A THREAT to let live.

please lowercase my p thank you

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

I really don't!

I can't parse any of this except for "peramene is writing a lot of words to say she's not totally engaged yet I think"

(that's a pretty decent summary actually apart from the defending myself on d1 of all things lmao)

I don't know if it's really just me, how long my posts can be, or what. I've got a rep for being a - well, maybe not fantastic (gently caress, MMT, I was sure town had beaten you there - 5/6 - I didn't go back to read it) but at least prolific liar.

That's 2:30 PST tho so I'm out for now?? plz no hammer until I can actually read the thread --- speaking of which

(mafia edit)

forgot to reply to this part in particular. this is pera saying asiina's meta (she does not post when scum) cannot be trusted. asiina is more confident and willing to play a scum game now, oh but actually it's more likely she's just town. but also don't trust her not being scum.

this is what all of pera's posts read like right now

Now that stickup has put it in this language for me, I think I see what I've been doing. Thanks stickup.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

The intention of the first post is to flatter me to get me onside, which is something pera would only be doing as scum.

I'll get to a proper rebuttal in a few hours (but the truth of the matter is that it may not be necessary so forgive me if I skip it.) I just want to be absolutely clear about this, because I get accused of this a lot: I was embarrassingly furious at... Amoeba? and we were either literally on the same team or I wasn't scum. I can't remember whether it was ff3 or Podlima.

My point is, after I am drowned by the Sea King (hot?) - take another look at this post and realize that this is my sincere opinion of Rarity. If you've had the misfortune of being around anytime she comes up, you know the above quote is well beyond an inaccurate assessment of my opinion but an outright falsehood. Not only is it insulting to suggest that you aren't utterly immune to flattery (I like this sentence because it's flattering to be told you are immune to flattering) but I don't flatter without drat good cause. Which YOU KNOW because you know if I could just finally get my goddamn hands on a scumdoc there would be TONS of, how did you phrase it earlier as you began?

Rarity posted:

I'm very excited to see her posts of praise for me in the scumdoc after the game ends :)

TONS of me jamming in lilac verdana 10 about how you (and KB <3) absolutely must die immediately. I would also build a strat entirely around how scummy I always (being scum irl and all) look because in almost every game I've played I've been kept around forever. I draw votes and I don't make good cases (yet.) You asked me how many games of yours I've read and I gave you an honest answer. Games v. Posts, big deal. No worries. I never said I'd read games you'd played in, just that scum!Rarity - or, sure, fine, lying!Rarity - is loving incredible.

Every time I see you play, every story I have been told about you, every goddamn time, girl - genius. So much so that I believe there's a message just for me in this post, and I'd just like you to know that I found it.

Also I've already claimed, I'm Fusoya, I can do "a thing" (it's not very useful but leave me with my dignity please, I'm pretending to be an old man), I'm blue planet but a "Lunarian from the red moon," ergo I'm gonna die but there's an event today so don't let scum just turbo me. I also said I breadcrumbed it (this was before figuring out who he was EYEROLL) but I think this is how stickup? I think. taught me to do it in a recent game:

peramene posted:

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya...

I don't remember who asked and I'm exhausted and I'm d1lynch which is poetic considering, but I went and got it for you mostly to give props to sticks for a fun breadcrumb method - if it was indeed sticks.

tl;dr: I adore Rarity and it is an honor to be considered most dangerous to eliminate because holy poo poo would I slay her exactly the way she's coming after me as scum!pera. I'm Fusoya. I'm on the moon. Don't forget today's event!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Yeah no, that's not how it works.
A full claim is a full claim.

Claim your roll properly.

Sir, I am toast and I've been fortunate enough to see you do this before. I'm not giving scum intel on what sort of abilities folks have d1, not even to survive and actually use it. I am far from town superstar. And I'm certainly not going to allow you (town!Inf I'm sure you mean well) to get it for reasons which should be obvious to the other PRs out there. With so many votes there's zero reason to believe I'm surviving today just because I claim I have something more than "something."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Fair enough, Inf. They'll see it anyway when I flip, but this is the better call.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Claim your role or get lynched.

I openly decried d1 lynches as useless and I'm getting lynched regardless of what I do and I'm not giving in to this kind of demand. Honestly, I'm shocked you would try twice & give the trick away.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not supporting a full claim on principle however. I agree with pera's position.

("Careful, Dick. Don't come out so openly defending your scumsis") hahahahaha

(thank you for lowercasing my p)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Maybe it gets people to reflect and change their minds. ESPECIALLY with 13 hours to go, if pera's claim is found believable there is all freakin day to find a new lynch target. At 5 minutes to deadline it might not be possible, but it is here.

Google the character. It won't be found believable. I could try to come up with a fake one, but Rarity or KB would likely see through it, scum or town. Lying isn't my best play here and giving away the twist <13 hours later is the right call. loving Cpig literally made me an honorary red in a town full of blues. D1 lynches are what they are, chaos. It's okay.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

pera, if you have an important town PR then you really should claim it now. At the moment it looks like you're trapped scum who lacks the experience to pull together a convincing fakeclaim.

Emphasis on important. It's not. I'm on the moon.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
And after today? Even if I survive scum would be IDIOTS to target me especially now that you've reminded them how foolish it would be.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Are you a Miller?

Nah, it's not even like that. Hypothetical-Cop'll read me as blue.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Sara, please just claim.

There's no reason not to.

I've been outlining the reasons and I'm not really being heard. I'm not sure if this is a hard and fast rule around here but this thing is not important in any way except that my flip gives away the new mechanic which as nobody else has pointed out yet could very well be revealed by the night kill too.

Not gonna do it, love.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Scummy af fam

I can't believe I'm even saying this but I think you may have misread his post, he's happy to lynch a player playing against their wincon or scum. This is not a chaos scumslip.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

It is frustrating too though since it makes you an extremely easy vote so analyzing it afterwards isn't particularly helpful. If you are town you are actively helping scum right now.

Well, poo poo. This I understand.

Sorry, everybody. I thought for sure I had found - well - the right hill to die on.

It's called Twin Meteor, and I can only use it after I've gathered the power from Golbez following their death. When I use it, there's a 50/50 chance I die or somebody else random dies, but the target and anyone protecting them dies too.

I'm going to keep my personal thoughts on what this means for other PRs to myself because maybe they won't figure it out but just to be clear, this one sucks and is all-but useless in any situation I've ever been in. I can't imagine a scenario where it's a good idea to use it. AR would've loved it.

Sorry.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
(Her, Pander. Hi, I'm Sara. I'm really bad at Mafia.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It's up there, LM.

And there's no way in hell it'll save me, so honestly just skip my posts. Sorry you find them so rough. I've been trying and failing to get shorter posts but then I end up posting crazy often.

I assume there's at least nothing left to talk about re: me?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
C looks like the gently caress town answer? And

So A or B obviously. Depending on what a dark knight is. I feel like I remember somebody who'd played saying that was bad?

And the wiki confirms, Dark Knight is Cecil's dark side (actual real ff4 spoiler here) and the final boss??? Mash A imo.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
As predicted. "Why were you so stubborn?" Look.

In FF3 AR had this role that looked... okay, short version. As scumshuno pointed out, the job AR picked was a scum job, and it was, if you were thinking in terms of traditional games. But the thing about FF3 was that scum had to think like town to survive (if KB had had an ounce of support, that is) and town had to think like scum. The lynch was the only guaranteed kill in an array of redirects and vigs at night.

So I saw this and I rolled my eyes. I'm not scum, don't feel bad.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The real reason I should write shorter posts is so that they actually get read. I said (almost) everything they're saying.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
B too, I suppose.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

In what universe is that a town power?

It's almost like I thought the same thing. And said it. And defended it adamantly. And then gave into an almost-definitely town Asiina.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Lumpen voting me isn't weird. He's probably town.

What would I be doing in a scumdoc at this point? I don't often think about losing and being beaten. My power sucks, I was literally the first to say it. Long live Blue.

Probably apologizing for being so stubborn about the power, thinking I was just so very clever, the best, the very best at being bad. Telling them to kill Rarity as quickly as possible. Oh, and all the threats and multiple-hour long gaslighting to hone in on the perfect way to maximize the effectiveness of my little minions while... I don't know, crashing the moon into the Earth?

Mafia Edit

chaoslord posted:

They're not wrong. You 1000% should have claimed sooner than you did.

I still don't 100% agree. I think I could've originally lied and said I was vanilla and gotten away with it, but WIFOM'd myself into a circle of confusion playing with my friends - they'd see me lying and that'd be it / vanilla is worthless death to pera - but once I said I had a thing I had myself convinced I had to protect the weird as long as I could.

Happy to discuss post-game! Still learning, after all.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
She voted me without making a big post this time and hastily apologizing for it. MMT is town.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I think that's everything even remotely useful I have to say! I'm gonna head out now. <3 Have fun everybody!

(cpig can I be drawn-and-quartered instead? C'monnnnnn, bread and circuses - give the people what they want!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
As I read it, I eliminate my chosen target, anyone protecting them, and a random target - I just have 50% odds of ending up being the random target while everybody else in the game splits the remaining 50%. I have Twin Meteor.

Inf, I understand your frustration with my stubbornness about refusing to claim, but I thought you were "pulling a PBS" and slamming me as hard as you could with everything you could. Put yourself in my shoes for a second and think about (a) one of the best liars you most deeply admire and (b) you in all your intimidating glory suddenly making a demand that made no sense? It felt to me like scum knew drat well there'd be... weird mechanics... and that they wanted to suss them out. I fought you really, really hard, and both of you and the folks who joined in were, well, putting pressure on me.

Obviously-town-Asiina hit me with an argument and I'm noticing yeah that she's saying a lot of what you were actually saying but I was blinded by the fact that once again I have found myself in the position of this wiki describing me as a "Lunarian from the red moon" and Red v. Blue, it's obvious. Maybe he fudged it, maybe it's just a big joke on me, whatever. Asiina convinced me that I wasn't the target of this kind of maneuver:

Goon A demands claim
Goon B prepares to use claim to assassinate character
I refuse to demand claim
Goon A demands claim not just reiterating the standard mafia situation over and over again - which is a mistake, blues but going straight to the insults afterwards. (When you started calling it bad play I was sure I'd dodged a bullet and was going to see it through.)
Goon B joins in demand, backs up situation, makes me look as bad as possible (CWID - brilliantly) and secures the op. While managing to gather intel on town mechanics and take out - well, Rarity hasn't seen me at my best yet, but based on our interactions in Popcon 2, she certainly has reason to believe that I do indeed love the sound of my own voice. (Which is funny for reasons.)

I didn't suddenly switch, Asiina finally convinced me that I was wrong. I don't know if I made a sincere-enough apology in a prior post, but fwiw I'm sorry I blew... 2 hours on nonsense. I'm happy to be lynched for my mistake and will be glad to be free - but as Tobbs I think said, self-voting is never pro-town, so I won't.

[

Pander posted:

mafia edit: replace he with she. Saw the earlier note, sorry pera, I'm bad at that.

No worries, it's the internet and I write like a half-crazed historian. Which is to say, myself.]

• Locked thread