Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Hello pals.

I have caught up, and I feel confident peramene will flip Scum based on her page 9 flaming scumpost, reinforced by her subsequent ones.

##Vote peramene

Someday we will both survive to the point of the game where you can see me post a List, peramene, someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

what the gently caress is going on

scum must have decided to just NK me as soon as possible and arent even gonna bother to try and frame me up instead

farewell cruel world
This strikes me as a scumpost.

Bifauxnen, in 75 words or more, explain the thought process behind this post. If you thought you were saying something implicit that would make sense to readers, make it explicit instead. What previous posts or past situations are you referring to in order to construct the meaning?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

morning, I haven't read the rest of the thread yet but since this one is a simple question targeted right at me - oh good 75 words or MORE, whew

The thought process is, in pretty much every game I'm in I get called scummy all the time even if I'm effortposting the poo poo out of everything and personally believe I should be super townie cleared by now, until and unless something happens to clear me very explicitly thanks to night actions or something. Or I get into some gigantic slapfight with someone right when I think I'm making a really solid argument and I get so frustrated when I just can't seem to get people to see that. So having Quid ask "hey! Doesn't anyone agree with me that Bif is scummy" on D1 get answered with a series of "No"s felt so unusual and amazing I had to comment on it no matter how weird it looked.

One of my running jokes is that if someone calls me town they must be scummy. In this case the joke was that I've often been called a threat to scum but still left alive just cause I look so scummy they figure I'd be easier to lynch, so if no one's even bothering to throw shade on me, it obviously must be because of a scum consipiracy to not even engage with me and just kill me off fast!

I can be a bit self-indulgent like this in Mafia and like to play up my persona or comment this way on my meta even if it doesn't help me make a point or stay in the game, as I have to keep things amusing for myself or there is no point in playing. This remains true even when I am outside of Auspol.
This response satisfies me. Thanks.

On peramene: I am still very confident she's Scum. I find it amusing that she seems to consider herself such a fantastically convincing liar and trickster, but upon rolling Scum blows her cover in basically her first post with "~heh heh I'll definitely razzle-dazzle these rubes with some reverse psychology about how much I wish I was Scum! Ha ha! I am so clever!~" and then doubles down on almost every subsequent post. peramene, I think it is possible that the people you bamboozle in real life may not really be on the paranoid lookout for being lied to, and so may give you the benefit of the doubt, or maybe you're not any more convincing irl either but people are too polite to call you out. But here you are playing MAFIA against scarred, steely-eyed, grizzled SA Mafia veterans. In the other social games there is good strategic reason to humor you, but when you're a Scum in Mafia and try to be cute, we grind you into the dirt pitilessly and immediately.

peramene posted:

Also I've already claimed, I'm Fusoya, I can do "a thing" (it's not very useful but leave me with my dignity please, I'm pretending to be an old man), I'm blue planet but a "Lunarian from the red moon," ergo I'm gonna die but there's an event today so don't let scum just turbo me. I also said I breadcrumbed it (this was before figuring out who he was EYEROLL)

tl;dr: I adore Rarity and it is an honor to be considered most dangerous to eliminate because holy poo poo would I slay her exactly the way she's coming after me as scum!pera. I'm Fusoya. I'm on the moon. Don't forget today's event!
Offhand, pera's clinging to this claim is worthless because the OP says:

CapitalistPig posted:

Welcome to Final Fantasy 4 Mafia.
Scum has been provided with fakeclaims and a sample role pm.

Pander has used basically every post today weirdly going to bat for peramene.

Pander posted:

pera has a lot of words. Outside of me I don't remember many people using that many words as scum. It requires a lot of confidence and boldness. Without even reading him I think it means he's town.

Pander posted:

That's an insanely powerful role for the scum, so in my view it's far more likely to be town: a vig that's such a huge risk you don't dare use it unless you're an idiot or sure of yourself.

So just going "oh well yeah that role is obv not town let's lynch pera" strikes me as a low stress way to make your bones that lets you later go "oh well guess it's a weird setup v:shobon:v"

Pander posted:

Wait what?

You think if he's telling the truth about the role he's scum? You think a role with a 50% chance of blowing himself up is sensible for scum/3P?

And if that's not his actual role, why lie about it in that way? Why not fakeclaim something a little less horrendously dangerous?

The logic behind "his role is scummy" is really tortured.

Pander posted:

mafia edit: replace he with she. Saw the earlier note, sorry pera, I'm bad at that.

Pander posted:

You can argue that a power can be used in a not town way, but until you know the flip I'd hesitate about matching alignments to roles. It's not always scummy to base alignments on claimed roles, but it is always bad play.
If peramene flips Scum, Pander's her scumbuddy, I'd wager. I'd even go so far as to suspect the "gender confusion" was a calculated distancing ruse. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

Seriously? I'd think Pander looks scummier if she flipped *town* at this point. Why would you go to bat that hard for a scumbud who's already at -1 to -2 and that deep in the hole? I guess you could try and count on it looking too over-the-top desperate for a real scum to do but it still seems like a pretty bad idea.

(btw apologies if this post randomly appears again in the future, it froze while trying to post on my phone and I have since re-typed it on my desktop but for all I know my shittyass phone will decide to follow through and post it after all)
Pander has been posting but not Scumhunting. Even his vote on Rarity is really about peramene. He has made several posts all about peramene and dismissing the case on her, while also making an indirect show of not caring about/not reading/not knowing peramene. It is standing out to me as Scummy posting.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Little Mac posted:

Are we done here? I can hammer.
Go for it. I want to see the flip.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

On peramene: I am still very confident she's Scum. I find it amusing that she seems to consider herself such a fantastically convincing liar and trickster, but upon rolling Scum blows her cover in basically her first post with "~heh heh I'll definitely razzle-dazzle these rubes with some reverse psychology about how much I wish I was Scum! Ha ha! I am so clever!~" and then doubles down on almost every subsequent post. peramene, I think it is possible that the people you bamboozle in real life may not really be on the paranoid lookout for being lied to, and so may give you the benefit of the doubt, or maybe you're not any more convincing irl either but people are too polite to call you out. But here you are playing MAFIA against scarred, steely-eyed, grizzled SA Mafia veterans. In the other social games there is good strategic reason to humor you, but when you're a Scum in Mafia and try to be cute, we grind you into the dirt pitilessly and immediately.

peramene posted:

Also I've already claimed, I'm Fusoya, I can do "a thing" (it's not very useful but leave me with my dignity please, I'm pretending to be an old man), I'm blue planet but a "Lunarian from the red moon," ergo I'm gonna die but there's an event today so don't let scum just turbo me. I also said I breadcrumbed it (this was before figuring out who he was EYEROLL)

tl;dr: I adore Rarity and it is an honor to be considered most dangerous to eliminate because holy poo poo would I slay her exactly the way she's coming after me as scum!pera. I'm Fusoya. I'm on the moon. Don't forget today's event!
Offhand, pera's clinging to this claim is worthless because the OP says:

CapitalistPig posted:

Welcome to Final Fantasy 4 Mafia.
Scum has been provided with fakeclaims and a sample role pm.

Pander has used basically every post today weirdly going to bat for peramene.

Pander posted:

pera has a lot of words. Outside of me I don't remember many people using that many words as scum. It requires a lot of confidence and boldness. Without even reading him I think it means he's town.

Pander posted:

That's an insanely powerful role for the scum, so in my view it's far more likely to be town: a vig that's such a huge risk you don't dare use it unless you're an idiot or sure of yourself.

So just going "oh well yeah that role is obv not town let's lynch pera" strikes me as a low stress way to make your bones that lets you later go "oh well guess it's a weird setup v:shobon:v"

Pander posted:

Wait what?

You think if he's telling the truth about the role he's scum? You think a role with a 50% chance of blowing himself up is sensible for scum/3P?

And if that's not his actual role, why lie about it in that way? Why not fakeclaim something a little less horrendously dangerous?

The logic behind "his role is scummy" is really tortured.

Pander posted:

mafia edit: replace he with she. Saw the earlier note, sorry pera, I'm bad at that.

Pander posted:

You can argue that a power can be used in a not town way, but until you know the flip I'd hesitate about matching alignments to roles. It's not always scummy to base alignments on claimed roles, but it is always bad play.
If peramene flips Scum, Pander's her scumbuddy, I'd wager. I'd even go so far as to suspect the "gender confusion" was a calculated distancing ruse. It's an oldie but a goodie.
I love being so insightful and correct all the time.
##vote Pander
Pander is Scum I know it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I just read MMT, despite knowing that Pander is Scum and should be lynched today.

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe that Rarity is telling the truth about being Leviathan - the question that raises is what that makes her alignment.

I would guess that blue planet is town, (moon something?) is scum, and that monsters from the Land of Summons are their own separate thing.
This early post is worded in such a way that I don't think it comes from a Town Mind. Someone with a Town PM just doesn'tthe words "I would guess that blue planet is town". So I suspect MMT is likely... "(moon something?)" aligned, lol. As was said by Tobbs, the upshot of this is also 3P hunting.

Murmur Twin posted:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT hunting 3P D1 and being hedgy.

Ho boy ##vote MMT
Yay Tobbs is town! :glomp:

I wasn't "3P hunting" so much as pointing out something that I wasn't sure that people who weren't familiar with the game would know.
And MMT's response is bad.

And Tobbs is dead now.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm still only skimming but yeah, ClaimGate is just the right way to put it. Lumpen are you really sure about Pander, I still think trying to defend pera that hard after she'd dropped that claim is too ridiculous.

If he'd started defending her earlier and wanted to just stay the course instead of changing his opinion too fast, that would be one thing. But he came in guns blazing only AFTER she'd already had that claim go over like a lead balloon.
I am very sure, see my vote? Re-read in context of what we now know, and you can be even more convinced.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
stickup, you can actually vote Pander after all those words you typed about how he's bad.
Did you forget?
Do it, you won't regret it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
My buddy list shows that Pander is online right now, lurking. Lurking. Reading this right now, saying nothing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

If you think my interactions with pera yesterday are suspicious you've got a screw loose.
There was nothing Scummy about your interactions with pera, but in this game you get zero Town cred for them either. There are three alignments in this game. Contributing to the peramene lynch provides evidence of beong "Not Lunarian". It does not make anyone Town.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

There's something about this post that pings me in ways I think I'm going to struggle to explain. Lumpen said this when pera was at -2 and her fate was already sealed. Normally when I see Lumpen being an obnoxious and patronising dick it's because he has a goal, whether its to cause scum to slip up or to get a towny riled so they look scummy. But in this situation there was nothing left to achieve, pera was already going to be lynched. It reads like Lumpen's putting on a show of douchebaggery because he knows we expect it of him, not because he has anything to gain.
That wasn't to seal pera's lynch, it was a continuation of a conversation from Survivor, and pera needs major help with her Scum game, clearly. I only bother to be an obnoxious and patronising dick so that peramene can become better, because I think peramene is the most interesting and delightful Mafia player who's come along in quite a while. Also because I was really really feeling sure she would flip Scum and I wanted a post on the record to feel smug about D2.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Again, I direct you to Lumpen doing it first.
I direct you to Tobbs doing it first, and he was nightkilled.

I am not quoting MMT out of context. I am saying that from a Town Mind therory of mind perspective, the specific wording is implausible. Read/quote my entire post there. MMT's way of putting her sentence suggests to me that it comes from the mindset of a Lunarian trying and failing to hide it. Not a smoking gun but a valid and useful observation, in my experience.

MMT's flip will show if I was right again.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

Jumpin' on the Inf Was Right About MMT bandwagon

Noice

I can respect that

Let's both be 2 for 2. Or 3 for 3 if you join me in lynching Pander first.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Really sorry because I can't dedicate the time to mafia I wish I could, but I don't get the MMT case and I think it's a really bad push.
I thought you were motivated and prepared to change your image... Your excuse making is lame and your convenient change is Scummy.
If you happen to be Town and don't want to do the work to contribute but you want to dismiss the opinions of those of us who have been paying attention, you are part of the problem.

I don't mind doing the work, if you vote Pander.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

this is a stickup posted:

hi friends I am a whole lot of games and haven't reread mmt or rarity yet
Excusing yourself like this is a Scumtell. You and Kashuno are both guilty of this. Townies who are actually busy don't feel self-conscious enough about it to explicitly excuse themselves, they just post when they can. You're apologizing preemptively for the wrongness/fakeness of what you're about to say, which betrays a dissembling mind. Scummy.

this is a stickup posted:

chaos has a good case put together I think. the stuff about the town mind set and her choice of words being implausible is dumb. it reads just like a poor choice of words and singling it out is extra dumb. I don't like lumpen's vote and triple don't like db's mindless +1
I assume you're talking about MMT, who you just said you haven't even read, but now you're praising choaslord's case. However, my vote is on Pander and has been since my first post of the day, so you're not paying much attention, and the quality of your opinion and analysis matches.

In fact, what stance are you even taking in this post? Are you in favor or opposed to lynching MMT? Wishywashy pointless post. Scummy.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
:siren:LURKER CALLOUT TIME:siren:
~It's D2, and all these people have fewer posts than the Moderator!~
Click them and scrutinize their posts, it won't take long. Lurkers tend to be SCUM. I don't really count on this list because replaced into the game on Page 13, but I still encourage people to carefully read all my posts because they are great.

If you're on this list and you're Town, fuckin' get postin' so you don't get mislynched for being a lovely lurker, fool.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Serious question, i'm re-reading from page 8 and just making notes of it as I go. If I post them all will people read them? If people don't want to see a wall of text I will link to the google doc.
Post each "note" as a post as you make it. Don't link offsite editable docs ever. If you make a wall of text post, yeah it will likely not be read. It is important to have your thoughts on the record, if you're for real. And if you're Scum, it gives me something to pick apart and hang you with. So yeah, post post post either way.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CapitalistPig posted:

"I am Cecil, and yes , I was, but I have revoked Baron and I now oppose the king and seek to stop him. My girlfriend Rosa is sick with desert fever and I must get a sand ruby!"
I think the word you were looking for was "renounced".

CapitalistPig posted:

"I am a teller of fortunes and you look like agents of fate and destiny, if anyone needs my readings it is you, but only one of you may partake hmm, who shall it be?"

A. Cecil
B. Rydia
C. Edward
D. Learn the art of necromancy and come back with Tellah as a zombie.

[/i]
I pick C.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CapitalistPig posted:

Correct me again and I'll modkill you.
A thousand pardons, m'lord. From this day forward, may your errors remain a permanent testament to your wit, for all to see.
*cringes subserviently*
(or as you would say, "servantly" or "servially")

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Pander posted:

On a meta level, Lumpen should have played with me enough to know that I bus as scum like it's my job.
Back this up with some examples, because in my meta knowledge you are like me and aware that Scum numbers are everything and that busing is almost always a bad deal. I don't bus, and I don't remember you "busing as scum like it's your job" at all. When we were Scum together in the famous merk's WIFOA, we dunked on the whole Town by sticking together other than judicious distancing. In fact I think I could find other examples of you sticking your neck way out to try and save a Scumbuddy, at extreme cost because it got you lynched. Maybe in the WOW soldiers game by mordecius?

Anyway, your post is false, your premise is fake, and I happen to know you're Scum. You can try and OMGUS me and see where that gets you.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
In the context of pera's flip and Enola' lurking, his post history is super Scummy.
Behold:

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I'm skimming this because I have a life and it's Saturday afternoon.

I hate meta reads because I don't play mafia addictively so I lack the encyclopedic knowledge of individual play styles that most of you seem to have. It's all white noise to me and convinces me of nothing.
Self conscious excusing self from participation. Excuse for not making reads in future.

I kind of want to bandwagon pera just because I don't want to break my scroll wheel playing this game.

On the other hand I sort of respect her for taking this game much more seriously than I will ever take anything.
Wishywashy hedging on someone who has now flipped Scum.

I've been specifically not voting because it don't feel right to jump on a bandwagon I don't understand fully. I agree that it's been kind of pushed. I also think that my trying to comprehend what's going on in this thread while I'm on my phone and fully distracted is probably not helping.

I do think we probably don't want a no-lynch, if I remember my Mafia Best Practices correctly.
More self-conscious excuse-making.

Nobody has called me scum so same?

I am considering replacing out of this game because you guys are playing some sort of 8 dimensional reverse hyperchess and it's day loving 1. I feel like I'm either in an advanced master class of psychology and misdirection or I'm in a room full of tinfoil hat nutjobs afraid of fluoride in the tap water. Maybe both. Either way I am definitely on book four of a series without reading the first three and I'm lost as hell. Outside of Infinitum's recent game I haven't played mafia in a couple of years so maybe that's my problem.

I'm going to try to catch up and reread everything tomorrow and maybe I'll grok what's going on, but right now I am so goddamn bewildered.
Yet MORE self-conscious excuse-making.

I have no meta sense of whether Enola lurks hard and posts like such a helpless sadsack in other games, but this strikes me as Scumposts galore.

Currently I would most confidently lynch:
PANDER
MurmurTwin
Enola

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Dick Bastardly posted:

With this much reading to do on a daily basis, my opinions are more often than not going to be piggy backing off of someone with whom I share a common opinion. Call it lazy, bad, not pro-town if you want to, but I admit it freely. I am not scum however.
UGH! Barf. What opinions? You are just talking about yourself.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Just finished page 23.

The lack of support should be an indicator that I have no allies (that are aware of our common allegiance at least) in this game. If anyone tries to take my side on any of my lovely posts this game, it is most likely scum trying to keep me in the game knowing that I'll more likely than not be a bane to scum-hunting rather than a boon.
I despise this post. Spare us the show of false modesty. If you're sincere about being so lovely and useless, then don't sign up for games, and if you are just making a useless shitpost all about yourself that you don't mean, save your breath.

If you are Town, name 3 suspects and one reason why each. They don't need to be original, just a stance on the record. It is not that hard.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not smart enough to do any better than this with this much going on this early I'M SORRY FUCKK
This has to be an act, right? Anyone play with this dude before?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

My conviction there has wavered because he sounds like town who genuinely thinks I'm scum. He's wrong, but I believe he believes what he's saying. I certainly wouldn't vote for him before Kash or DB at the moment, because they both sound like they're just putting out opinions to have opinions.
This is bullshit and/or dumb.

What you are talking about is basically totally irrelevant in this particular game because there are, per the OP, three alignments. So if chaos believes what he's saying, that does absolutely nothing to make him Town, he could just as easily be the other kind of Scum that you're not. Also, no Scum in this game would have to resort to "just putting out opinions to have opinions" because they could actually Scumhunt the other Scumteam.

Everyone should keep in mind:
A lot of normal Scumhunting techniques and tells are not going to work in this game. How well or poorly people Scumhunt is not going to reveal the Scum in this game, in my opinion. There is not the normal situation where Scum know everyone who is not them is Town. What's going to reveal Scum this game is psychological/linguistic self-betrayal (such as peramene and, I suspect, MMT) and how people oddly interact with their Scumbuddies/cases on their Scumbuddies (the basis of my suspicions of Pander/Enola).

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Inf is town.

There is no way his interactions with pera are fake. I mean I guess you could argue that he didn't need to fake it because he was that mad at pera for being a bad teammate or something, but I think that is also unlikely.

What prompts the question?
See above post. I think Inf seems pretty solidly Town too, but just the fact that he was sincerely Scumhunting pera does nothing to differentiate him being possibly Town or possibly Other Scum alignment.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Ummm, is this a slip of some sort?

We don't know the third alignment is bad. It wasn't in the last game. I think it wasn't in at least one other previous FF as well.

Do you know something we don't?
I haven't played/read any of the other FF games. It seems like a reasonable assumption based on the things we know, 26 players, two deaths N1, and the wording of the OP. If there was just an SK, or there were "various third parties", I don't think the OP would have described that situation as "There are three alignments in this game."

Maybe I am too quick to jump to conclusions, how would an alignment that isn't Town not be bad? A "not a threat to the Earth" sub-group within Town with a separate win condition that's compatible with the Town win condition? What was it in the last game?

I think it's most likely that there are 2 Scum factions. It is at least a possibility that needs to be factored in before anyone starts over-assuming that someone is Town just because they helped flip a Scum.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I think B will get us the sand ruby and if Edward gets eaten he'll probably cut his way out and bring some additional bonus (which we would also get for D), but this way no sand fever.

So I choose B.

I am willing to switch my vote to MMT after this event resolves. I am unmoved by the claim.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Question for Pander and Enola: willing or unwilling to vote MMT? For both of you, who are your top 3 lynch choices now and why?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

looking back over her claim again cause I missed stuff the first time:

So MMT, you're saying you get this huge assortment of abilities to choose from, with even more options to come if major summon characters die, but she can only pick one of them ever? Using Chocobo locks you out of using Odin? (Well, you could use it more than once after all if you'd used it on N1 so you could've recharged after today's event, but no one knew that was coming, I sure wouldn't use it either if I only had busdrive and knew I could get better stuff later)
Look over the claim again, because she says both "one per night" and "in the order of" and then implies that Chocobo comes "first" if she had used it N1, But she ALSO says "once per game" and "I have to pick a target and then the summon I get is random".

So I do not understand what the claim even quite is. Seems like another role is being adapted to try and fit a fakeclaim.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
:smug: Looks like my read of the OP was right. Two Scumteams.

So I reiterate, don't extend Town cred just for "sincere Scumhunting" in this game, or for someone "knowing so-and-so would flip Town". Look for the patterns and connections to group people acting to betray that they are in an Infomed Minority together.

I think "Rydia" is a mod-provided fakeclaim, I agree with Quidnose that the powers listed are all anti-Town, and the claim about how the mechanics work seems garbled and like a poorly-adapted cover.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I am Town. Am I really the only person who found 2 Scumteams the obvious most likely setup from the OP? Anyway, it will be proven it in time, and in the meantime I will flip Scum.

Pander is still Scum. Based on his D1 indirect defense of pera (see my earlier posts for the quotes), I feel confident he is Lunarian.

I think MMT is Scum and Enola is also Scum. More likely Fiends because MMT was on the pera lynch D1. Do her anti-Town claimed powers fit a Fiend or a mix of potential Fiendbuddies?
##Vote MMT

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Thanks, Johnathan. I replaced in on page 13, and Pander is being blatantly unfair in his posturing. It is Scummy.

Sup fellow Townies? Look, Pander clearly thinks he's got some traction to save himself from his obvious, obvious Scumbuddies-with-peramene posting of D1. He is Lunarian Scum, I am Town. Reread his posts in light of the flips. For all of you who are are Town too like I am, I urge you to re-read my posts too and it should be obvious that you've got a fiend in me.

Just to stave off any more of this nonsense, I may as well claim. At this point it doesn't matter at all apparently. In fact, I am none other than Asura, the third summon! Which makes me vanilla Town, clearly.

##vote Pander he is Lunarian.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I am Asura. and I claimed because I'm VT and with it turning out that MMT was telling the truth about being Rydia, there seemed to be no particular point in not claiming, if it would help people feel confident enough in me to investigate my case on Pander more.

I don't know why Chaoslord would fake counterclaim me, except that MMT's flip makes all un-counterclaimed summons mentioned in her role PM effectively Confirmed Town. When I flip Asura, he's completely hosed though, so I'm dumbfounded. Maybe with pera gone and Pander going down, he felt like getting a turbo on me would be some kind of hail mary play? But that's dumb too because it's way too early in the game to just throw away a Scumteam member, especially when they're already down one.

I'm sure Pander is a Lunarian, but I'd happily Thunderdome chaoslord today because either way that goes a Scum lynch is guaranteed from it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Chaoslord, just curious, for the record, what is your read on Pander?

Who are your top 3 suspects at this point in the game?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

the joke so nice he did it twice
Oh for petes sake.

Thinking more about the fake counterclaim, in this role madness game, could there be a Scum power to janitor a lynch? That's the only way I can make sense of it, because otherwise it is just straightup suicide.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

This is hilarious and I can't believe no one caught it. At this point I think Lumpen knows the jig is up and is doing it intentionally.
The jig is nowhere near up, because I really am Asura.

And in fact, even if you choose to disbelieve my claim, you should join me in lynching Pander today. It is solid strategy to wipe out all Lunarians and eliminate a nightly kill. Whatever you think about my alignment, I can talk to you as uncounterclaimed Confirmed Town, and KB, in this game, you have to realize that I'm for sure an asset to you. I'm a Scumhunter in my soul, I've got the scent, I'm onto my prey. So please don't just toss me in that ol' briar patch!

I helped put peramene out, help me get Pander down too.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mithross posted:

Maybe I missed something, but Lumpen isn't just sure pander is scum, he's specifically sure Pander is Lunarian. And that just screams fiend even more.
My case is based on how Pander interacted with peramene on D1, and peramene flipped Lunarian. There is no reasonable case to be made that Pander might be Fiend-Aligned as far as I can see.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mithross posted:

This is where I'm at on the matter. No reason to turbo but barring a miracle i wont be voting anyone but Lumpen today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Pander posted:

Also holy hell that catch by KB is exactly what you'd do as scum, all it's missing is :chord:.
What are you referring to here, and by the way your wording presupposes that you believe I am Town. Which I am, you Lunarian Scum.

• Locked thread