Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna Black Mage vig kill everyone N1

http://i.imgur.com/cDB1PLV.mp4

Also I have signed up to like 4 games atm, so I will probably just be shitposting in all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

From memory the translators were actually goons, which is why the injoke was added :eng101:

http://legendsoflocalization.com/final-fantasy-iv/intro/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Laurel and Hardy are my spirit guides

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Y is there 3 pages and game not started

Fuked up

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holy loving poo poo a full game, be still my beating heart.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maybe they don't like you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh good 200 posts and the games barely started. It's going to be one of those games then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Krush All Kashuno's

##vote Kashuno

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

i'm here now after a long and tiring day

who scum

u

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

u who?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lower your dosage

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:lol: if u read D1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remind me when we get to FF7 to stab Aeris like 20 times

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

It's weird that the game is opening up on friday night which is a special night for me and all; I'd like to think I'm gradually improving but nobody is good at mafia and I suck anyway. Hi, I'm peramene aka Sara, I'm probably gonna be here awhile ffs.

Let me be perfectly loving clear about something. The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya... just gotta put up with it in new games. But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here. This time I'm just calling attention to that fact rather than just bailing on the first few days of posting and catching up. No loving reason at all to read most of these posts as town!peramene until much later. No offense town!Rarity, godspeed you crazy diamond scum!Rarity.

IS I hope we get to be scum together someday because mama's gonna show you how to loving roll town like a goddamn california roll -- jeez so much for shorter posts, gently caress
Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
Also MMT if you managed to get scum without me be sure not to let me blow you up D1 again <3 DEAD TO RIGHTS

tl;dr: per usual, back after kashuno et al have had their fun and we can get serious

MAFIA EDIT:

I'm gonna throw up. peace

Click for dramatic audio reading

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

The merchant offers his wares "Cream pies, cream pies! Only 2 gil!"

Cecil would like 10 cream pies
D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://au.ign.com/wikis/final-fantasy-iv/Travelling_to_Mist

Nothing in the guide about 'dream pies' so may as well go full comedy option.

Both those people are good guys.. so.. 10 pies = 10 amazing benefits

Rarity posted:

D sounds like a terrible idea, I'm leaning towards A as being the most likely to have a positive outcome.

Terribly awesome.

Why Cecil over Kain?
They're both good characters.

In this scenario wouldn't you just give both characters a pie each?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If D is a bad outcome, feel free to turbo me D1 :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah live a little.

:siren: Vote D. :siren:

10 times the benefit
or
10 times the detriment

Have some balls. It's either going to be very good for town, or bad in a way that doesn't really effect anyone because it's early game.

Scum will always want to take the 'safest' option to appear the most towny, which you're doing right now.
I hate that sort of boring play, which FF3 mafia suffered from.

Lets grandstand baby~

Also
##vote Rarity

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boring play is boring. Hiding in the pack is how scum get away with poo poo 9 times out of 10.

Stand out from the crowd and let people make their own opinions of you :colbert:

I choose the bold play, cause I'm a bold person, with bold opinions, who likes bowling.

Vote D, live a little, and lets kick this poo poo up a gear.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is your castrato career going?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

town won FF3 and D was always a bad option so I find it suspicious that Infi is trying to encourage people to choose it.

Soooooo your bringing previous game knowledge into this game, assumes it's gonna work the same way this time, and are voting me based on how the game worked last time?

MMT I've seen some dumbass lovely votes in my time man, but fuckin hell mate.

Scum also admitted in FF3 mafs that they preferred the safe options because it meant they didn't stand out, so what even is your point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

If D is a bad outcome, feel free to turbo me D1 :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

- Voting for A or C is the bland boring vanilla option, that leads to bland boring uninteresting to play mafia. Scum will most likely enjoy this option as it's 'safe'. There's also no way to differentiate who would be the better option to vote for either, there's no info in any walkthrough I can Google for 'dream pies'

- Voting for B at least risks both characters for a good or bad outcome, so I could see it being the go-to option if you can't decide between either character.

- Voting D is the betting it all on black. It's either gonna be super good, or 'bad' enough that it's only D1 and we can easily recover so honestly who gives a poo poo.

Vote D and at least make this game interesting to participate in :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Trying to decide if MMT is dumbass town, or trying to manufacture a dialogue against me.

Like I gave everyone the easy out option of voting me if this turns out bad... Yet he votes me early and chooses not to vote D anyway.

Leaning scum more than dumb atm.
Bringing up previous game minigame voting meta was reaaaaal dumb tho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Right, I'm the one manufacturing a dialogue here.

You used meta from a previous game, that wasn't even posting meta, to vote me.

Like legit have a look at your own argument mate. Even if I was scum, your vote doesn't even hold water.

Asiina posted:

Hi I caught up and this is the best series of posts in the game:

Thank you! I thought the joke went unappreciated :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah it looks like Asiina is catching up and doing a running commentary. Null tell atm

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

You seem awfully nervous about a single vote cast against you early on D1.

It's called analysis, you should look into it some time instead of posting bog standard mafia prompts to see how the other party reacts.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I was mostly just annoyed that Infinitum was giving his "stand out from the crowd" speech and then giving me poo poo for picking an option and citing my reasons for making my choice.

Because your choices were bland, safe and uninteresting; which is how scum normally play.

Your reasoning for voting me was dumb as hell, citing previous game mini-game meta as the primary reason.
You also proceed to retaliate to said call out by throwing out a bog standard mafia prompt of

Murmur Twin posted:

You seem awfully nervous about a single vote cast against you early on D1.

Such a generic nothing prompt designed to get a rise out of the person you posed it to.

You're a smart player MMT, so you'd normally know I'd take the bait on it.
Combine that with your dumb as poo poo meta vote on me..

Well..
##vote Murmur Twin

I'm not really convinced with the Pera push atm, because they may just be a newbie going at it too hard.
I'll have a reread later of their posts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That said and done I would like to see a claim from Pera.

Sorry if one has been made already. Hard to catch up on 200+ posts overnight =_=

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

Also I've already claimed, I'm Fusoya, I can do "a thing" (it's not very useful but leave me with my dignity please, I'm pretending to be an old man),

Yeah no, that's not how it works.
A full claim is a full claim.

Claim your roll properly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You're the likeliest lynch target today.
You're -3

And you're playing "Well I don't want scum to know my roll"

So guess what?

##vote peramene
Now you're -2 because you're not actively helping town by withholding info.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Claim your role or get lynched.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I firmly believe in pressure vote style play D1.
Pera isn't coughing up info, which is play not consistent with town.

I much prefer MMT as the lynch today, and have made my case as such.

I'm policy voting Pera until we see a proper claim.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

Fair enough, Inf. They'll see it anyway when I flip, but this is the better call.

So claim if you're town :ughh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Then gently caress you if you're a town power role.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pera you are legitimately holding up discussion now, because all the focus is going to be on you for not claiming.

Claiming alleviates pressure and allows us to focus on other targets (Namely MMT)

If you're a town power role, there are going to be numerous protective roles and watching roles that will be in play to protect your, or catch scum if they target you.

The fact you're being so goddamn cagey about it is the dumbest loving play possible here because you're legitimately giving scum a free pass just to policy vote you, which provides ZERO useful information for town to analyse later.

tl;dr gently caress you and claim

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bad play upsets me =_=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

Emphasis on important. It's not. I'm on the moon.

Then there is literally no issue in claiming

Jesus christ pera :ughh:

• Locked thread