Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Make me namingway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hello game. Sorry, I was up in the air most of Saturday and there are a lot of pages to catch up on. Why are there like 14 of them?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Catching up in this game is an absolutely dreadful experience and no one who hasn't already should event try to.

Here is a pastebin with the notepad file where I took notes on my GUTS: http://pastebin.com/fT21Rn7e

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

For the more recent guts: Why is Peramene not claiming? No matter her alignment, being cagey gets her killed. Unless she wants that? I've never played with Peramene that I can remember but I know now that her posting is really insufferable.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

peramene posted:

Well, poo poo. This I understand.

Sorry, everybody. I thought for sure I had found - well - the right hill to die on.

It's called Twin Meteor, and I can only use it after I've gathered the power from Golbez following their death. When I use it, there's a 50/50 chance I die or somebody else random dies, but the target and anyone protecting them dies too.

I'm going to keep my personal thoughts on what this means for other PRs to myself because maybe they won't figure it out but just to be clear, this one sucks and is all-but useless in any situation I've ever been in. I can't imagine a scenario where it's a good idea to use it. AR would've loved it.

Sorry.

If this is actually your power I don't understand why you would so stubbornly hide it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

B. Attack the soldiers

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

This sucks don't be annoying put your thoughts into the thread.

By the end of my read I was kinda glossing over big quotes like that one so I wanted to be the change I want to see in the world.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Why is the hero a dark knight again

...affirmative action?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Are we done here? I can hammer.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote Peramene

And thus were word counts shortened by half.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The case on MMT is really good, but I'm a bit wary because there's so many people jumping on it. It just seems too easy, if that makes sense? On Day 1 I was ready to vote for MMT but the bandwagonning is off-putting, I guess?

Lumpen's case on Pander is even better. Pander was defending Pera in weird ways throughout Day 1 and when called on it gave an equally weird "well mafia has changed and I dunno if I have time" excuse. Add on to this exposing KB when I really don't think the breadcrumb was that obvious and literally posting a weak defense just a few minutes after Lumpen called him out for lurking the thread, proving he was lurking the thread.

##vote pander

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The bandwagonning? I don't think MMT is a bad vote at all, but it's weird that she's been jumped on so hard. I have no problem voting MMT, but I think the Pander case is much better. Seriously look at Pander's post after Lumpen calls him out for lurking (which seems kinda inappropriate but Lumpen).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

King Burgundy posted:

Yes. That is the same excuse Quid and MMT used for not wanting to vote known flipped scum, pera. I'm just pointing out that they were wrong because it proved to be bad reasoning then and is probably bad reasoning again now. If there is any bandwagoning going on(DB?) then it is probably scum jumping on the sinking ship for cred.

It's only bad reasoning in hindsight.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jesus Christ how are there 300 posts?! Do you guys not have jobs?

me: and there's a hammer above me holy crap

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi alright I'm not home despite having been home most of the day but now I can at least take a look at the thread

*Claim and counter claim*

Why did any of this happen?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lumpen if that's not your role then why would you claim it when there's little to no pressure on you?

Me: phone sucks

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Maybe Lumpen's role has something to do with finding summons or Asura? Does pig give counter claims to scum or no?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Do we not want events?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

King Burgundy posted:

Waiting for events as usual. Lumpen is at -7 currently, no real risk of hammer.

Since you are here now LM, who is scum?

To be completely honest I was still all about lynching pander until this Lumpen thing. I had notes on my computer and can share when I'm home tonight.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yeah, I'm thinking Lumpen accomplished what he wanted which was outting a summon. Weren't there previous 3P roles in other FF cpig games that required finding or killing other players? I recall reading that somewhere, but those who actually played in them can probably say whether or not that's true.

There's no way we don't vote Lumpen today, right? Unless someone has a vig, that'd be awesome.

Since I said I would share my notes: prior to this claim my top three scummiest people was this:

1. Pander
2. Keane
3. Dick Bastardly

Pander will look different to me in light of Lumpen's flip (a 3P flip would not make Pander look less scummy, imo, since a 3P Lumpen could scumhunt too. A scum Lumpen makes me think Pander is town and my gut is bad). Keane I was obviously wrong about since he flipped VT. Dick has really lazy cases on Gulag (might be borne of not knowing him, though?) and also scumclaims. Would vote tomorrow.

For now: ##vote lumpen

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Infinitum posted:

##unvote until the events are done.

CPig do us a favour and do both activities at the same time to speed this up please. Lumpens dying today either way, so no use dragging this poo poo out.

It might benefit some people to hit Mt. Ordeals, events-wise.

Lumpen posted:

Wrong! So wrong, as usual, everyone knows that I am really impulsive and reckless, not some kind of schemer, and also I am the obvious choice for negligible-benefit sacrificial lamb for a Scumteam. Obviously. Oh wait no, that is sarcasm, because Occam's razor is all it should take to remove the part of any Townie's brain that thinks I'm not actually Asura, looking very carefully at tne full situation. It is one-dmensional chess, people!

Please end all posts like this with "SAD!"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lumpen posted:

Wow you've really got your elbow on the pulse of the game, bud!

I won't claim to be the most engaged.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

King Burgundy posted:

Lumpen and Pander can be on opposite scum teams.

Possibly? That seems like it'd be too coincidental.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

D, in the name of Keane

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote lumpen

End this.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also if Lumpen's role is so insane why in the world would anyone replace out?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lumpen posted:

##unvote
Don't want Dick Bastardly to get a double dose.

Are you still claiming Asura? Why do you even care?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lumpen posted:

It isn't that insane to be a lynchproof lynchpoisoner

:what:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ha, no, I get that. I just still think a lynchproof poisoner is a nutso role.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What's your wincon?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't drink but I also haven't played D&D. Correlation?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

grow up

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pander posted:

*looks around at trappings of comedy website on the internet Somethingawful.com*

Hmmm

*eyes little mac's glass house*

*picks up a big stone*

*arm winds up*

this is vandalism

my family could get cut and they're all anemic what's wrong with you

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

okay so i'm going to e/n for a second

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

eat/nachos

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi, I was kinda busy yesterday and go back to work today so I can only phone post intermittently until this evening. Can you restate the case on Ahab, infinitum?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

B. That's what happens in-game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I wouldn't bet on Kash being modkilled. Our only modkill was due to inactvitiy, and ten posts is excessively low. I'm assuming Pig couldn't find a replacement.

So I'm looking back at Infinitum's Ahab case and it really is just a lurker lynch. This may have been said already so pardon if I missed it - this is my first time back at a keyboard all day and phone posting sucks - but the idea that Ahab is scum because he made all the right calls is silly since Peramene and Lumpen are not on the same scum team. While there's certainly been minimum thread presence, I can't get behind a lurker lynch on policy since I know I haven't posted as much as I probably should have and also am town. I don't agree that lurking is indicative of scum behavior and I've been lynched as a townie too many times to count to prove that.

Infinitum, you have nothing but hunches against Ahab but then you say Pander is "3P" (aren't there just two scum teams and not a 3P faction, or is that just splitting hairs?). You're just kinda playing all your bases and loudly pushing something kinda easy. What WOULD it take for you to, for instance, vote Gulag? Or Kash? Or me? Ahab

I don't think this makes you scum necessarily (though it pings me), but I do think it makes your case bad.

I will admit that Ahab's reactions to your case makes him look bad, though. I just don't think your case is strong enough for the kind of acceptance its getting.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

I believe a lurker lynch to be the best plan of action today

Why, when you actively accused Pander of being non-town? Policy is stupid.

What are your thoughts on Quidnose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pander, why are you taking credit for Lumpen's Lynch? He pretty much hanged himself. I don't think you had anything to do with it.

• Locked thread