Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It has been pretty surreal here in Corvallis. Whole lotta people I thought I knew saying some real hosed up poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

General Dog posted:

About the paper or about the pitcher?

More about the paper. I've heard multiple people complaining about the paper digging into the past for no reason.

The pitcher got a standing ovation last weekend from what I heard.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Konstantin posted:

It would have come out anyway. I have to assume MLB teams do routine background checks on top prospects, and this would have come up. A talent like him going undrafted would have raised serious questions, and someone would have provided the answer.

Yeah, that's what gets me. I don't know why people are mad at the paper. He would have been drafted Monday if this hadn't come out, and someone in a major city would do some basic research.

Then there's this whole, "he was just a kid thing." 15 is old enough to know not to rape a child.

• Locked thread