Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

My body doesn't know whether to be scared or aroused.

I'm choosing to be both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQzbm0kRY9U

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

"Everyone wants the status of the LSX, but most can't afford it"

New thread title right here please do the needful

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

MrChips posted:

"Everyone wants the status of the LSX, but most can't afford it"

New thread title right here please do the needful

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love how our FB warrior thinks an LS motor is so $. Did he not notice the MASSIVE turbos or other high dollar items? Love it. Can't wait to see it.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Trying to figure this out. Is he sperging out about OPs valve covers and the crate LSX instead of the tried and true LS(INFINITIVE X) to describe the family of LS motors?

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Yup. Who cares that my aftermarket sleeved aluminum block has thicker cylinder walls, the same gross displacement, and will handle boost infinitely better, I don't have the status of a LSX because I am broke and a faker! Like I hate to point out dollar signs but why would I lie about a block when my ecu, dash, and harness combo cost more than a LSX?

But yeah I figured LS(x) was close enough

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Wouldn't an aluminum block be better because its lighter anyway?

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

tehk posted:

Like I hate to point out dollar signs but why would I lie about a block when my ecu, dash, and harness combo cost more than a LSX?

Yeah, this. I mean this is almost as annoying as people who post 'WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING'

Clearly you've got solid serious hardware in there. Shut up and show some respect. F-ing internet warriors.

(written by owner of bone stock 90whp miata :lol: )

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Uhhh.. So his entire problem is that you put LSX 454 rocker covers on a 454ci engine that's actually an LS3?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

Uhhh.. So his entire problem is that you put LSX 454 rocker covers on a 454ci engine that's actually an LS3?

Probably that combined with desecrating the S2000.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Tape over the X and write a 3 on it, but then tape that over and write a 7 just to troll him.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

InitialDave posted:

Yeah it looks to me like he thinks OP is trying to pull a fast one by using a more pedestrian block (:rolleyes:) than his valve covers suggest, even though it should make for a better build overall

I mean, he sort of has a point because he's using LSX branding on something that's not an LSX, but it would be slower with an iron block anyway so who even cares. Just don't put those valve covers on a stock 4.8 or something.

The main difference, besides the block material, is the deck height, right? I think I remember reading something about problems associated with running too much stroke in a short-deck block and exposing the skirts, but this doesn't seem to be OP's first rodeo

Raluek fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 7, 2017

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
You don't have piston wobble at the bottom of the stroke when you have a sleeved block because the sleeves are longer than stock even without a tall deck block.

And to think this is all due to me not being able to get some Honda style valve covers with v8tec on then. That's still on the list

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I just assumed that it was the only 454 logo'd rocker covers that were readily available.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Oh my god this is incredible.

Fakeedit: and in Philly?!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

kimbo305 posted:

Tape over the X and write a 3 on it, but then tape that over and write a 7 just to troll him.

LSX37.4

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Residency Evil posted:

Needs to take on the Cammaster to see who is the real Scourge of Philly.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

Right in bridesburg

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

tehk posted:

Right in bridesburg

If I bring beer can I see you start it up/rev it?

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

If I bring beer can I see you start it up/rev it?

Im there all weekend!

edit:

kimbo305 posted:

Anyone a machinist and want to mill me some covers? Just spotted about three more of these post referring to the valve covers. I need to loving make a cover with LS(X=3)+4.18BORESIZE+4HEADBOLTS-STATUS The best part about all the posters is so far they all drive fbodies and are non turbo cars. LS1upremacy.

tehk fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 8, 2017

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I will engrave Honda Motor Company and a big H on a set as close as I can get it to stock b series. Should we do red or black wrinkle finish?

Anyone got a set of aluminum valve covers that they're willing to part with?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

honda whisperer posted:

I will engrave Honda Motor Company and a big H on a set as close as I can get it to stock b series. Should we do red or black wrinkle finish?

Anyone got a set of aluminum valve covers that they're willing to part with?

OHV

Honda Motor Co.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

tehk posted:

Im there all weekend!

I'm coming by. :dance: PM me address and what time you'll be there sunday. Or text me (you have #)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hot drat that's nice. Stupid PA being so large. It takes me like 2.5 hours to get to Philly and I live in the eastern part of the state.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I'm about 30min north of Philly. We need to have a PA AI meet or something.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

opengl128 posted:

I'm about 30min north of Philly. We need to have a PA AI meet or something.

Same, though 30 minutes really depends on time of day.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I'm down. Too bad we waited til now and forecast is all 90+ hell...

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Hard to photo since it is painted on Crinkle for now, but I destroyed a set of highly liked Vengence valve covers with my mediocre art skills. But in person it looks sweet so on the car they go

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I can't remember who it was, but someone on youtube had a video where he made a custom milled logo and welded it into the cover. I think it was a Proton-based engine for a Mitsubishi build.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 11, 2017

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tehk posted:

Hard to photo since it is painted on Crinkle for now, but I destroyed a set of highly liked Vengence valve covers with my mediocre art skills. But in person it looks sweet so on the car they go

These are loving amazing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
:perfect:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Verr naice

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

tehk posted:

Is there enough material to machine it flat with raised V8TEC letters, then paint?

Also :dance: it sounds amazing

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just FYI this made drivetribe

https://drivetribe.com/p/this-lsx-s..._source=network

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Buncha pissbabies in that comment section.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
I'm so tired of everyone gargling VTEC jizz. It's emissions poo poo so Honda could sell a decent cam, woohoo. Only interesting thing about the F20C is that Honda managed to make decent ports fit under the hood.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah the haters are great. I love it.

Cars running and driving around the parking lot. Everythings done including the dual exhaust, and water lines. I am just searching for a decently priced open car trailer to tow the car around to back roads and do some testing. Really dont feel like breaking down in Philly.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I've got access to a trailer and I'm bolting up a hitch this weekend (started on it on Monday but of course got poured on). Do you have a truck? If not, welcome to use mine. BTW I lost your number been meaning to meet up there's a bunch more race-car-dudes with garages up in your area with cool projects!

Blaise fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 19, 2017

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Well I am mobile now. Car is driving slowly fine. I tried to make some test passes at the track but I didnt meet the requirement for AMERICA day or the retro drags both my locallish tracks were running. I really need some good 1/8 mile pulls to sort out the boost control without the dyno. There were also no shows, or car meets. Kinda shocking. Hopefully the next few weekends are better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Love the build and great thread!

• Locked thread