Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi friends I am in a bad place mentally but am here to take in the main event of The A Show, SmackDown Live!, completely undistracted.

Also I like what they're doing with Dean/Corbin so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress Luke Harper?!

If this was Raw I'd ask what the gently caress they're doing but since it's SmackDown this has me intrigued.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

God drat it.

Well, at least Bray had the belt for 2 days. :sigh:

He's not losing the title.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

i still hope they just like dont lose harper after this because he owns and a scary wildman face would be good

I genuinely hope they do a double turn with Bray/Orton and Bray and Luke regain unity based on Luke basically saying "I beat you up to show you what was in front of you" and Bray appreciates it because he's a crazy cult man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i'd be down for a baron corbin/dean ambrose/luke harper IC match at Mania.

Actually yeah do that

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To go from an ad for Strowman/Show to the finish of this loving incredible match is absolute poetry.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How in the flying gently caress are Raw and SD produced by the same goddamn company

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

This match loving owns, y'all

I genuinely believe there is effectively a new SmackDown Six with Cena, AJ, Bray, Dean, and any two of Orton, Harper, Corbin, and./or Miz. Come at me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. rear end posted:

I've been saying this since they announced the EC matchup. I'd say it's those guys, Miz no doubt and Corbin at least belongs in the conversation since Orton hasn't been thaaaaaat notable outside of the Wyatt angle

I was more being charitable for people who still insist Corbin and/or Miz are bad.

I believe the true New SmackDown Six were in the Chamber.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kuroyama posted:

After WM, we'll be able to say who should be the other two in the SD6 ver. 2.0

But it seems like we all agree on Cena/AJ/Dean/Bray which brings me joy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving. AWESOME.

I know Randy will turn but it's AMAZING that they're giving it time so it's hotter when it happens. Ryan Ward Is God.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sugar Blaster posted:

is this the week we get to the metalik factory? if so, how long into his 3-minute debut until drew gulak cinches a chinlock or something?

I believe so, friendo! I'm setting the O/U at 90 seconds.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I actually like 205 Live but it's kinda exhausting directly after Smackdown (and Raw the night before) and if it wasn't for Talking Smack being on directly after it I would probably just watch it later.

I wish they'd just tape it and air it directly after NXT on a Wednesday or something.

Also they should tape it before SD. But yeah.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Smackdown LIVE: Bray Wyatt Edition

I hope this grows forever

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do genuinely wonder what's happening with that Battle Royal next week.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

It's either Harper, Cena or AJ (distant third). My issue with Harper is that it would make the end result kinda obvious - they're not putting the belt on him and Orton's turn is inevitable, so you know they'd team up on Luke and then, when Bray had it all won...RKO OUTTANOWHERE. Either way I'm kinda assuming they're going with a triple threat for the WWE Championship now.

I reeeeeally hope not. I don't want the post-Mania SD to open with Cena as champ UNLESS Ambrose is his first feud because I still want them in a program badly. Unless Cena loses in the Triple Threat I guess?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

By Smackdown standards it was pretty mediocre. The main event was worth watching. Raw was better this week.

LMFAO no it was not. The FoF was the best story-advancing thing this week and an AMAZING segment but the SD main was the best match, and nothing dragged SD down, while there was plenty of poo poo on Raw.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blaise330 posted:

Both shows were good enough not to engage in any "which one sucked?"

I dunno man. Raw had one good hour. It was carried by one amazing segment. Raw's main was quite good but nothing that would've brought up the show by itself IMO. I will admit I was sour on Raw's main because I feel like the women's division is a Mobius strip though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Raw had literally one of the best non-wrestling segments of all time and a very good main event. Smackdown had a very good main event and that's it. I know everyone likes to play up that Smackdown is the A show because it generally is, but it is okay to give Raw credit when it is the better show. It was the better show this week.

My point is you are correct about the good parts vs. the good parts but there were many more actively lovely parts with Raw, hence dragging the show down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Bray Wyatt as champ killed my interest in Smackdown faster than Great Khali as champ did and I don't think I'll be looking back with a least a bit of ironic nostalgia about this like I do on Khali's reign.

Cool

• Locked thread