Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Is there a way to manually request a trade like in last year's rtts or do I have to wait for my agent to ring me? My guy is a good enough CF now that he could be starting for several teams, but naturally I'm in the Marlins farm system and position blocked by Yelich.

Grittybeard posted:

my only complaint is when someone moderately fast is on first base ahead of you the pitcher will want to throw over to first base 3 times before pitching. Sometimes before every pitch.

Yeah I really wish they'd tone that down. I get that you want to hold the runner, but I've had the AI throw pitchouts when I'm at a 2-0 count :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DrNutt posted:

Is the playlist still like seven songs long and terrible?

Yes but it's easy enough to load up a flash drive with .mp3's and import your own stuff. You can also go into the jukebox and turn off all the default tracks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Finished my first full MLB season as my Reds sinkerballer, and after a rough start managed to win RotY and Cy Young and pace the circuit in ERA & WHIP. Pitched the Reds through the wildcard with a CGSHO, although they then got swept in the DS and I was never started because I guess they didn't model in that a team would probably start their ace on short rest if they're facing post season elimination.

Anyway, after a runaway success of a rookie season, the manager calls me into his office on the first day of Spring Training and is all "So we're thinking about possibly turning you into a reliever. Thoughts?"

:shepface: The new story elements are cool but rtts definitely needs more polish.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just got this in the E3 sale. It owns but is there some BP mode where I can force it to throw only offspeed stuff? I know half the challenge is picking them up vs a fastball but I can't manage to connect at all.

Also I think I've walked like twice in any mode playing this a lot for like a week, online and off -- aside from my discipline, everyone just throws strikes.

Nobody walks in this game, since online everybody always throws strikes all the time, and in rtts everybody throws strike all the time unless you jack the difficulty way up, in which case you're more liable to strike out first.

For practicing, either play vs with a friend and have them only throw offspeed, or do standard pitching practice against a pitcher who's primary pitch is offspeed, like Rich Hill. You won't get 100% offspeed, but you'll get more of it than usual since the CPU favors its primary pitch.

• Locked thread