Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Leraika posted:

I can't believe
their half-assed plan:
make you wait this long
for the watering can

...oh god are we going to have to grow the last pokemon and that's why the watering can is postgame :tinfoil:

If the watering can weren't in the postgame this might have been a cute mechanic. But uh, as it stands...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Well it's not like you need the watering can for anything else at the postgame. Growing a Shaymin or whatever would be a decent enough concept.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
If you breed a Gengar with a Duplicat do you get another Gengar?

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
In keeping with the game's aesthetic, the final pokémon will be: a wet fart

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Spelling Mitsake posted:

If you breed a Gengar with a Duplicat do you get another Gengar?

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Did we have a Chernobyl pun yet?

My money is on a Chernobyl pun that out-edges the Chainite

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm... happy but also dismayed. Oh Uranium.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Urayne's ability was literally called Chernobyl :v:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Wow, how did I miss that

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

No pun, Urayne's final form ability was straight up "Chernobyl" (places permanent fallout weather).

EDIT: Beaten :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm amazed no one's copied over the pokedex entry for Zephy yet.

quote:

A mysterious Pokemon that appears to be a cross between PLUSLE and ARTICUNO. In legends, it visited artists and gave them ideas for their next masterpiece.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You're pulling my leg now cmon

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Oh, if only it really was a prank. Note that Zephy was first designed by one of the devs in middle school. And it's survived mostly unchanged all the way to the present. Judging by the stats, I guess Zephy is supposed to be the equivalent to mythical Pokemon like Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/etc.. Which makes the half-Plusle design feel even sillier.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 19, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Stroth posted:

It makes me try to think of pokemon themed Burma Shave ads.

While the ants/
were pretty lame/
those weren't the worst bugs/
in this game.

Derma-Frost

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

How strange that they took a pokemon that is part of a duo and a pokemon that is one of a legendary trio and made them into a single pokemon with no counterpart.

EDIT:
HALF A DOLLAR
WHAT A DEAL
MAKES YOUR SKIN
SMOOTH AS SPHEAL
BURMA-SHAVE

EDIT 2:
THE SHAVING BRUSH
HAS GONE THE WAY
OF DERMAFROST
SO SWITCH TODAY
BURMA-SHAVE

Ariong fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 19, 2017

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
By the way, literally every update's name is a song title. Figured I'd mention it before I forgot to.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Zephy has a signature move too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

By the way, literally every update's name is a song title. Figured I'd mention it before I forgot to.

I think Supernova Ninja Surfers is the only one of those I recognize

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Article."

Counterpart: Moltun.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The final Pokemangs is a sheep what's orange and fluffy! :3:

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Kurieg posted:

It got a bit of a laugh out of me.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Zephy is also the creator's fursona!

If the final dex entry is just a dumb side note ofs is gonna feel reaaaalllll dumb saving it for last

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
not to be rude but his fursona is ugly

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

This creature is a reflection of myself. It is the idealized version of my physical form. When I see this vision, this idea of what life could be like, I am complete. It has wings growing out of its rear end and it is wearing clown makeup.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Post your fursona so we can do a fair comparison

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Mutios is a bigger pain, because it's a ghost and immune to False Swipe normally. Without proper moves defined, they only know Atomic Punch, for reasons I am not going to speculate on. It takes several tries to get its 3 catch rates (out of 255) to cooperate.

Mutios actually has a catch rate of 2, not 3. While that's already weird enough considering that's lower than anything in the actual Pokemon games (and even it's own twin), it turns out there's a reason that none of the legendaries in actual Pokemon have a catch rate lower than 3.

Up until Gen 7, the Master Ball had a catch rate multiplier of 255, which sounds like insane amounts of overkill at first glance, but if you set the catch rate lower than 3, it ends up not being enough to guarantee the catch by itself.

Mutios can break out of a Master Ball. I'm not even going to hold it against the game when it's something so clearly unfinished to begin with and probably just a typo, but it is worth noting why the actual games never drop so low in catch rate.

(In Gen 7, the way the Ultra Beasts worked meant that a catch rate multiplier of 255 would not be guaranteed at all, since unless you're tossing a Beast Ball at them, they disable all extra multiplier shenanigans and set the catch rate multiplier to a very low number, resulting in the strange situation where Arceus would be easier to capture than Buzzwole. So in Sun and Moon, the Master Ball is set to just a 1x multiplier, but has coding to just ignore all the calculations and force the capture instead, making it pretty much the one ball other than a Beast Ball that you can reliably capture most of the Ultra Beasts with)

Also I can't believe the post game was literally just 2 legendaries (of which only one had anything resembling an involved sidequest), Daft Punk, and one double battle for a watering can you should have gotten like 50 hours earlier. There's less postgame than there was in the original Ruby and Sapphire; at least there you had the Battle Tower to occupy your time.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 20, 2017

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

the Orb of Zot posted:

Also I can't believe the post game was literally just 2 legendaries (of which only one had anything resembling an involved sidequest), Daft Punk, and one double battle for a watering can you should have gotten like 50 hours earlier. There's less postgame than there was in the original Ruby and Sapphire; at least there you had the Battle Tower to occupy your time.

To be fair to Uranium, the post game isn't finished and they had more planned. Possibly not a whole lot more, but there was/is supposed to be more, and considering the main story was finished and playable I don't think we can really blame them for releasing the main story build as is and intending to add some more substantial post game later. We can blame them for a lot of other things, obviously.

The watering can thing is still horrible design, though, even if there was an expanded post game. Just awful.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Considering Zephy isn't intended to be obtainable, I think it's a pretty silly/forgivable thing. Compared to everything else in Uranium, "the first pokemon design I made is an easter egg" and the dex entry about it being giving artists ideas, is kind of cute/wholesome. They're even self aware enough to poke fun of it just being a mashup rather then trying to sell it straight or make it important to the game.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Red Metal posted:

actually that's a shiny bisharp

It's clearly a Meat Thirsty Hogulus

Actan's design is very Invader Zim.

It's got the Halloween Gaz teeth! Half of everything has pointy non-feet, too.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 20, 2017

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

I pray for a color palette that will not come.
I'm kind of baffled that Uranium had seven playtesters look at it as a final product, nodded their heads simultaneously, and checked off a checkbox with the words "10/10 Writing" right next to it.

Does anybody know if they were from the Pokemon forum community or outside of it?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pyre of Word Salsa posted:

Does anybody know if they were from the Pokemon forum community or outside of it?

Search your heart, you already know the answer

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

I pray for a color palette that will not come.
No, that's not true! That's impossible!

Look, I'm like 87% sure it's people from the Pokemon community, but I like to be 90% sure before I label them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pyre of Word Salsa posted:

I'm kind of baffled that Uranium had seven playtesters look at it as a final product, nodded their heads simultaneously, and checked off a checkbox with the words "10/10 Writing" right next to it.

I don't think play testers get a say on the writing. they're just checking to see if it works

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Plus it's like being the editor to a bad, self-absorbed writer. You can tell them to change their perfect precious vision, but it doesn't mean they will.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah playtesting has approximately zero to do with caring about a game's writing or story.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

A Magical Lamp posted:

Post your fursona so we can do a fair comparison

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it owns when people get mad about this game in a way that exposes how little they understand about game development. takes some effort to get dunked on by rpgmaker devs who aren't even actually here.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I can't get over how deformed the legendary's legs are... How can it support its own weight? They're so crooked.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all the weight is in the feet. its torso actually only weighs 5 lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The missing thing was Umbreon! I can't remember if anything but Espeon and Umbreon even give a poo poo about the time of day for evolving, and if they do, gently caress them.

Anyway, once it's actually 9 PM getting Umbreon is trivial.

This is literally every Pokemon defined in Uranium. Though Musharna and a few others appear for dialogue, only these 201 are, like, actual battle entities.

One of them only exists as a cameo and isn't acknowledged in the Pokedex. Only calls for the variable see it.

Six of these aren't even fully iplemented and the complete pokedex dialogue reflects this.

So that I have seven things the player should never have is...

Yep.

This triples the encounter rate of shiny pokemon, but since none of them look like a metroid who cares.

Anyway, now that I've done about everything else, let's go with that thing Theo told us about but I forgot.

Interpol thinks Champion Hero of Tandor Ninja Ranger Good Human Hokage Dick Solomon is rad as heck.

And they fired Cameron.

"Oh no, I am a man named Stormbringer with a super dragon with spy powers who can also perform skilled labor as an electrician, whatever shall I do?"

He'll go with the weird hopeful note the game is trying to have.

"And then frown when we have to bring her to justice for her actions as a nuclear terrorist."

Oh yeah, Theo's mom is actually dead. There isn't some terrorist named BRONISLAWA or anything.

Dick Solomon has created an awkward situation and didn't even have to say anything.

Lucikly Theo's already dealt with that angst and is as resolved as ever.

Theo wants to have that battle that was disrupted by stupid poo poo last time.

So he's going to be the new final battle of the championship, for the post-game.

Cameron isn't done throwing out plot hooks, but unfortunately,

It's another one for Angelure Town. Jeez, it's almost like 1.0 was rushed out the door to beat Sun & Moon to release, or something.

He also gives us the actual HM Waterfall. It's the best physical water move for most things. Aqua Tail has a 10% chance to fail, while this has a 20% chance to make the opponent fail, you see.

So we have to get through the championship again. Last two rounds are random as ever. This time I got Rosalind and Callie.

It's really good experience and money, but maybe the reliability and lack of pomp around grinding on the EV ninjas would do it for you better. Level gap doesn't affect experience results much compared to Electruxo's base yield. Much better money in the championship, though, until you get into some real hard Golden Fist OHKO shenanigans on ninjas.

The ninjas also don't have rematches with the rival, that's a point in their favor.

"A guy to your left, above lava..."

Don't capitalize it! You'll make lovely youtbers make videos about predestination!!

It'd be funny if the official way to get the legends I cheated for was to do this several times as they kept interrupting.

Unfortunately for him, one of us already is.

why is his head so big

OST: PU-EliteBattle2.ogg

I left this one alone. I have a grudging respect for how utterly over-the-top it is. It opens with an echoing guitar solo that gets a choir and bell and just gets goofier from there.

Championship Theo has level 80 guys kitted out with hold items and maxed IVs. If only they gave the same attention to the movesets.

It's okay, though, with his level 80 guys he's supposed to be the hardest opponent.

MEGAWEAPON opens up with a fatal Iron Head.

Don't gently caress with the backhoe dragon.

I hope for Iron Head's flinch but instead Night Slash scores a critical hit.

Doubly worrisome, since I'm running the Life Orb.

However, it only matters I take this thing out. Theo's also using a scarfed Hyper Voice-spamming Nucleon.

The devs were entirely aware of this, they made one.

Way to go you wacky-rear end piece of construction equipment!

That was the main threat of Theo's team, since the same way Duke Nukem can blow up lesser foes that Nucleon could destroy my team of dual-typed things.

Once again Vilucard lacks real moves, not that they'd help since I only needed one Quiver Dance to OHKO it with Thunderbolt.

Coatlith tries what it does best, doesn't help against +1 speed.

Of course Theo still has one trick up his sleeve.

Mega Archilles is not a joke. Do not ever take it for granted.

Superfly almost paid the price for it, after all!

But even under sun, a x4 water weakness is a x4 weakness.

And with that, the team of broken bastards has galloped over the game.

Theo's money yield is levelx90, and I don't know why.

I just want to say I am very glad I picked this name as it's never stopped being a tiny joy in the corner of my heart.

Theo accepts his loss gracefully, because it was to the best. :smug:

I was and still am! >:(

Lookit my pretty backhoe dragon. :3:

Zapmander gets the recognition I think he deserves, standing alongside MEGAWEAPON and Superfly as a superpowered rear end in a top hat.

Let's take a moment to remember all the friends. Who was your favorite friend? Mine was Rocket Man, he was disconcertingly good at plowing through things. A successful resolution of a daring scheme. Maybe you liked MEAGWEAPON, for its sheer style and braindead operation. Maybe JohnRemero made you his bitch. Bob Dennis resisting the first two gyms? Lotadio showing how item distribution can make supermen out of innocuous things? Top Boy PP-stalling the final boss?

Yeah, probably that one.

For defeating Theo at the championship, we get the thing what replaces Fly, whatever.

I'm done, and I have no reason to keep my trophies to myself.

So I wonder-traded HIM, since he's a shiny Beliaddon and all.

I wonder how this person throwing a Sponee up feels about getting a demon from hell?

I also put up Rocket Man. He's done defeating my foes, I hope someone else gets a kick out of him.

If either of you who got these things ever see this, I just want you to know,

Your welcome! I hope it helped!

And above all else, always remember,

The real treasure was the backhoe dragon inside of you, dear reader, all along.

• Locked thread