Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's you

you're the rocket man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
fighting over lava loving owns actually

I mean yes it's stupid

but also: rules

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ninjas would have been an insanely good villain team and it's bullshit that they're barely used

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ChrisBTY posted:

Nah, not villainous enough.
The pirates on the other hand...

Oh I mean the concept of ninjas not the actual execution we got

We already had bad guy pirates. Twice!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just want to point out that it's entirely possible the playtesters pointed out all this broken poo poo and the developers just decided not to do anything about it, as is pretty common in game development. I don't think laying it all at their feet is really fair when we don't know how it went down. Yeah maybe they all hosed up or didn't do their jobs but it's just as likely the team forwarded all their reports to the dumpster.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Munin posted:

What's the reference?

Otohime is from One Piece (and a giant mermaid princess so that's appropriate) and Fii is from No Game No Life, I don't get any of the other ones

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there's no way this dude knows otohime from the fairy tale and not one piece

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah, agreed that this dude did nothing wrong it's not like the awful kickstarter backer stuff in pillars of eternity

There's nothing weird or out of place about him and I honestly wouldn't have known he was a backer insert if OFS hadn't pointed it out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stroth posted:

It's literally just this rear end in a top hat's team. Who names all of their pokemon to a single theme?

Me, usually Marvel or DC characters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

By the way, literally every update's name is a song title. Figured I'd mention it before I forgot to.

I think Supernova Ninja Surfers is the only one of those I recognize

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah playtesting has approximately zero to do with caring about a game's writing or story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sperglord Firecock posted:

who thought potato was a good name for a legendary pokemon

great LP by the way

So I looked it up

quote:

Baitatao's name comes from bait, baita (a portuguese slang used to refer to something of huge proportions), Boitatá, Tatao (a Coastal Town in Malaysia) and Ao (Japanese for Blue).

that's why too many references for your Pokemon name, dude!

• Locked thread