Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Karl Barks posted:

why do you think stalin had a purge

other people wanted to do actual communism and that was Not Allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

Things the Deep State likes:
  • Powerpoint Presentations
  • Boring old white guys talking
  • Coffee
  • Super complicated low energy never ending foreign wars
  • Gatorade (unconfirmed)
corkboards with photos tacked onto it, connected by threads
bob from accounting (he's so wacky!! omg!)

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I think the Deep State is like ex-PFC Wintergreen in Catch-22, who essentially controlled the entire European theater because he worked in he mail room and got to decide which orders to let through, depending on whether he thought the prose was too prolix or not.

I don't think "the history of the world is actually the history of the warfare between secret societies." I think it's the history of mid-level beaucrats who found themselves at the nexus of power due to the nature their menial jobs.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
When was it ever a conspiracy theory. "The CIA controls the world" may be a gross exaggeration but it's not quite a conspiracy theory.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

donald falls down the rabbit hole and finds himself in a room with a door too small for him to fit through, except even smaller than usual. he sees a cheeseburger with the words "eat me" written on it. donald takes out a fork and knife and cuts off a piece of the burger and eats it. since he only ate part of the burger only his hands shrink

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah the idea of a shadowy cabal controlling the world would require too many people for a shadowy cabal... what if we were able to form some kind of Security... Agency? On a National? basis? and work on scaling and automating these kind of things, then we might get somewhere.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
NSA are a bunch of nerdlinger chumps

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/menaquinone4/status/831610938767843329

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Baloogan posted:

The biggest flaw of the deep state is they are unconstitutional. Unless they have a different version of the US constitution... which wouldn't surprise me. An unwritten 0th article: "protect america from americans"

please go on and explain :allears:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The deep state isn't some big secret like Baloogan's pretending. Their jobs are on the books, their powers are technically constitutional, and they've been publicly acknowledged to the point that a president referenced them as the "military-industrial complex" 50 years ago.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I hope they lure my savior SS-18 Satan out of his lair tbh

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Bernie would have won and then couped by the alphabet agencies + pentagon the literal day after

probably!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Bernie would have won

yeop

quote:

and then couped by the alphabet agencies + pentagon the literal day after

nope

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its short for the deepak chopra state and its borders exist in a quantum plane of conscious spirit

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

The apparatuses that monitor and manage the American empire are an opaque and open secret. These institutions are neither gods nor men, something in between, a hive mind divided and set against itself. A virulent strain is now ascendant in power and a reaction has occurred in the system. Which one endures and which one cracks. A classic drama, in many ways.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Friendship posted:

The apparatuses that monitor and manage the American empire are an opaque and open secret. These institutions are neither gods nor men, something in between, a hive mind divided and set against itself. A virulent strain is now ascendant in power and a reaction has occurred in the system. Which one endures and which one cracks. A classic drama, in many ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
baloogan is a tinfoil-hat-wearing nutjob

the deep state is all the career bureaucrats who have spent their lives making all our institutions work

they're far more knowledgeable about the actual issues they deal with every day than the ideology-driven politicians at the top

and of course they'd resist an obviously senile idiot who has obvious ties to russia and no qualms about obviously using his presidency to enrich his entire family's private businesses

there's nobody at the bottom of this, it's just a natural resistance of what's left of our still functioning democratic state

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Brother Friendship posted:

so how many phenylethylamines do you do on an average day

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Squizzle posted:

so how many phenylethylamines do you do on an average day

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Trumpidus Snake: I will triumph over the globalists, and we shall all become, the sons of winners!

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWRVyaKnGcA

but not as cinematic? because time moves at more regular speed?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Duscat posted:

the deep state is all the career bureaucrats who have spent their lives making all our institutions work

they're far more knowledgeable about the actual issues they deal with every day than the ideology-driven politicians at the top

and of course they'd resist an obviously senile idiot who has obvious ties to russia and no qualms about obviously using his presidency to enrich his entire family's private businesses

there's nobody at the bottom of this, it's just a natural resistance of what's left of our still functioning democratic state

are you being ironic? i cant tell

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I hope they lure my savior SS-18 Satan out of his lair tbh

the russians tested a new missile even, so Our Lord and Savior has a more perfect form.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

That's the mormonest looking taco.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

"Yes, there is a conspiracy, in fact there are a great number of conspiracies that are all tripping each other up. And all of those conspiracies are run by paranoid fantasists and ham-fisted clowns. If you are on a list targeted by the CIA, you really have nothing to worry about. If however, you have a name similar to somebody on a list targeted by the CIA, then you are dead." - Alan Moore

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

my favorite deep state agents are the ones who spend their coffee breaks posting on SA because they're just that dorky.

hey if you read this leave your cup upside down when you leave.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

I mean, yeah. I thought we all knew this?

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I mean, yeah. I thought we all knew this?

I might be wrong but...older theories of governance tended to remove the agency of bureaucrats because the narrative of governance was a dialectic between the public and elected leadership.

Newer theories of governance - 1970s for history/sociology, 2000s for the dimwit branches of academia like political science - focus on the third plank of government: the bureaucracy, whose politics transcend the clean boundaries of political transitions.

Because the public and the press are notoriously slow minded, they're only now cottoning to idea that career bureaucrats aren't just beep boop yes sir robots, but are interested in maintaining the embedded ideology of government itself. Since this is new thinking to such people, naturally it's a spooky conspiracy and not just how any large organisation deals with top-down conflict with the middle management.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jesus vs Mormon Jesus

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
electronic old men running the world

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to the dub state *bass drop*

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
my dad's first assignment was SAC headquarters, his last assignment was Raven Rock, and then he worked at the Pentagon for ten years as a civil servant. If you met my dad, who is very dad-like and tells dad jokes, you would probably chill out with the all-encompassing conspiracy theories about the deep state. I'm sure there are shady political practices but it isn't omnipotent and some monolithic entity. Hell, we know they have their own issues with leaks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Duscat posted:

They didn't have a problem at all with the previous president and vp who started a war to fill their own pockets.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I hear the president is big into leaks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Someone make a loving thread to stop the dummy russia conspiracy theory because it's the stupidest thing

BannedByHillary
Nov 22, 2016

Baloogan posted:

you communists should take note, even if you get all your ducks in a row and elect a communist party to congress and the presidency the deep state will be like "lol no"

Make massive purchases of a piece of all essential industries, providing obscene profits to the capitalists. Go deeply in debt. Produce good quality goods and services such that people only require money for luxury goods, able to live their entire lives comfortably via AI and automation. The system's failing contradiction is its work incentive once work has become comparatively unworthwhile or productive. Progressively nationalize more industry as their voices grow dimmer. Pay off debt with trillion dollars coins. Go on with life and accept inflation of bourgeois money hardly even used anymore, some relic from.the past.

Seems like a start of changing the nature of the playing field.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

man, it's funny watching everybody think the deeeep staaaaate is some nebulous evil arm of capitalism.

if they were in this to make money, they'd be behind donny boy 100%.

they're mostly concerned with their continued existence. bernie, full communism now-bot, even baloogan would be okay with them provided they don't break the deep state ricebowl. trump's selling everything out to russia and trying to marginalize them, of course the knives are coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oh my god if theyre gonna go nuclear why havent they done it already

• Locked thread