Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The Anurans hold their independence as freeholders and sovereignty of the Union very dear indeed. But I don't really mind if someone else wants to incorporate them into an associated population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Added Space posted:

I will have it known that Dark Elves never eat the meat of sapient species. This scurrilous rumor should not prevent any lesser race from volunteering as oarmen on our grand vessel.

Yes, but what about the bark of the Sapient species? :v:

Green Intern posted:

The Anurans hold their independence as freeholders and sovereignty of the Union very dear indeed. But I don't really mind if someone else wants to incorporate them into an associated population.

All are welcome in the Halidom, good frog people, so long as you perform your daily praising of the Great Mother Oak.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

TheFireMagi posted:

Yes, but what about the bark of the Sapient species? :v:

All are welcome in the Halidom, good frog people, so long as you perform your daily praising of the Great Mother Oak.

Oh boy I sure hope if I get in I'm an aquatic subspecies of the tree people!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Dog Kisser posted:

Oh boy I sure hope if I get in I'm an aquatic subspecies of the tree people!

Do you want to pick The Sapians to be a subspecies of?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Grey Hunter posted:

Honestly, I'd rather you roll a die and pick one at random, if possible! I like working with whatever I get!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

1 = Sapians 2 = Elves 3 = Aviars 4 = Jakai = roll a 2!

Hi there water elves!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

It's actually Sapients, as in literally Sap+Ents because what is subtlety. :v: I'm okay with Sapians too though!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

TheFireMagi posted:

It's actually Sapients, as in literally Sap+Ents because what is subtlety. :v: I'm okay with Sapians too though!

Just a quick mistype there. its right in the update as written.

Speaking of which, as we have had no new entries in a while, and I've done a chunk of typing....

The call for heroes is over!

The Heroes/Nations are as follows
pre:
TheFireMagi	97	Halidom of Zylem
Added Space	95	Queendom of Felyn
AJ_Impy	        91	The Grand Imperium
Josef bugman	78	The Vendref Confederation
Dog Kisser	76	Vesivoda, Nation of the Deeps
I just need to sort the Vesivoda intro and the flags and we should be good to roll!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The Halidom of Zylem

The Yggdrasil sat in her berth. All around her the horticulturists scrambled to make sure she was ready for the voyage. Across all ten decks Sapients checked watertightness, lead sail strength and soil purity for the long voyage ahead.

This was the largest ship they had ever built, it could hold five hundred Sapients and supplies for months at sea. It was armed with the best thorncasters the Halidom could produce and was grown from a single living tree.
It would have been a lot more impressive to an outsider if it have been more than twenty five feet long. But when you are a tiny piece of living wood, your perspective on the world changes.

In the temple built into the roots of the world tree that the ship took her name from, Devotree Yggdra stood before the elders.
“As you know Yggdra, our people are in peril. Our numbers grow, and we are in danger of depleting our soils. We need fresh lands and new plants to allow us to thrive! This ship is our best hope, find us a new place to expand to, and be careful of the fire wielders - they care not for the beauty of the forest, and only for the raw materials.”
“I understand, your holiness.” He replied. “I shall do my best to find good soil and fine trees. May the world tree shade and protect us.”

There was little ceremony for the departure of the Yggdrasil. Thousands lined the coast, and the air was filled with the quiet rustling of leaves as they sent their prayers and blessings with their hero as he set out to search for the new world.

Four months later

It had been a long journey, but not an arduous one. With plenty of water and sunlight, the Sapients did not need much in the way of supplies. Crew off duty spent their time on the top deck, feet buried in good earth, soaking in energy from the sun.
Yggdra was doing just that when the cry came from the upper canopy.
“Land ho!”

The Sapients are intelligent, photosynthetic tree shapers. As long as they have acess to light, water and soil, they cannot starve. They reshape other plants into the tools they need, and are always looking to improve their technology. They are also very religious, believing that plants underpin the very reality of the world.
They are also kind of cute, if a tiny and fragile flammable.

The Queendom of Felyn

“Her Majesty will; see you now Yan.” the courtier spoke in a low voice. Yan knew he should not be afraid. He was a Hero, more powerful than a dozen men. But the Queen was not someone to take lightly.
Entering the throne room, he blinked at the unaccustomed brightness. The light was magical in origin, and refracted through the uncountable diamonds in the room. The throne itself was said to have been carved from the largest stone ever found.
It was a widely held belief amongst the Dark Elves that a diamond was a trapped soul, and possessing one gave the owner power. Some, more modern thinkers said that a race that spent most of its time in darkness craved anything that reminded them of the light. What was true was that the Queen Cull’inan had more diamonds than any other living being.

She sat upon the throne, gnawing the meat off a long bone. She put it daintily to one side when he entered and flashed him a smile of long, sharp teeth.
“Ahhh. Yan. So glad you could join us!” She said. “I have a task for you, Hero. one of upmost importance. It is not wide known, but there is another realm across the endless sea.” she held up a hand to forestall questions. “We know the other kingdoms are planning to conquer and exploit this world, and we cannot be left behind - especially if there are diamonds to be found!”
“We have constructed a vessel in secret. We have named her the Di’Beirs. You are to captain her and take her across the Endless Ocean and find this new land, and claim in in the name of the Queendom!
“Of course, your highness.” It was useless to resist. And it would be safer on the seas than in the palace. “It would be my utmost pleasure.”
“Of course it is Yan. you may leave.” he turned to go.
“Oh, and Yan.” He stopped and turned back to the Queen, who motioned to the pate beside her.
“Don’t be like Roh’ds here. The price of failure is high.” He nodded and left the room as quikcly as he could.

That night the Di’Beirs swept silently from the cave it had been built in. its black hull and black sails invisible in the dark. She disappeared into the night with no one even knowing she had existed.

Two months later

The sun hurt his eyes, the watchmen were next to useless. The ship had made good time though. And the scryers said that they were rapidly coming up on land.
Let’s hope there is a good cave there.

The Dark Elves are long lived, stealthy magic users. They are also cannibalistic and able to make use of “alternative food sources” if needs be.
They are photosensitive though, and the secrecy in their realm leads to inefficiency.
They are most certainly not cute.

The Grand Imperium

The mountain city of the Avery was abuzz. The street thronged with partygoers, and bunting hung from every available space. Everyone who could get eyes on the Archaeopteryx, the mighty airship that had been constructed for the voyage did. In front of the ship was a large podium backed with a red background.
Suddenly the songbirds began to sing. This was a new song, created for Quirinius the Bold for this occasion alone. Instantly all who heard it knew that this would be the song sung at every courtship season for the next generation.
Then someone shouted in the crowd and pointed - in the distance was a V shaped formation - Quirinius the Bold was coming! As he swept into the podium, his trusted squadron broke formation in perfect timing, each carried a orb streaming yellow smoke. Then people realised, with the blue sky and the red podium, they had recreated the Imperiums flag - if only for a few seconds.

Quirinius the Bold strode forth, he reached the casting stone that would project his voice. “Ladies and gentlemen” as he began, he flared his plumage. Several of the more excitable young ladies in the crowd fainted at this point.
“I have been given the task of Captaining the Archaeopteryx, named after the god who separated our kind from the dumb ground dwelling lizards. We shall take this fine vessel into the unknown, where we will find the new land that everyone is talking about and add it to the imperium!” more cheers.
“I know that for many of you, times are hard. The seeds that we all depend on have had a bad harvest, but I promise I shall find us a new, most delectable food source, and all shall live through a golden age!” The speech continues like this for a while, before he and his crew boarded the airship.

One Month Later.

The first section of the journey had been overland, The empire being landlocked, but once at sea they quickly covered the vast ocean. Land was seen a good few hours before they could land, as it crept over the horizon.

The Aviars are brave warriors with the ability to fly. This gives them many advantages.
They are arrogant however, and very dependant on certain types of food for their survival, which may make colonization harder - thankfully, their airships are faster than any other nations vessels and can cross the distance to their homeland quickly.

The Vendref Confederation

The
Grand Temple of Skraa was cold and dark, but it was supposed to be that way. Skraa was a cold god, harsh but fair. The obsidian walls absorbed most of the feeble light that hit it, but also refracted it around the temple, giving everything a shadowless feeling that unnerved the rare visitors allowed into the temple.
The center of the temple had been converted into a shipyard. The floor carved out to allow for construction Members of a dozen races worked on the great ship, Deus Vault. Meanwhile, outside the people worked in their spare time to build a channel from the temple to the sea a mile away. The Jakai oversaw all, and at their head was Torkaris Many-Brothers, Decon and now Skraa’s chosen explorer. Lokiri Single Soul stood side Tokaris.
“This work will reshape the very land, and in that it shall be remembered for a hundred generations.”
“As it should be” Tokaris replies. “It is not everyday that god himself gives you a fresh start - and a entire new land to live in. The prophecy of a holy land untouched by the evils of this world was misread for so long!”
“True. now we can clearly see that this is what Skraa intended for us, what he has been testing us for for all this time.”

Once the Temple-ship was completed, the church had completed its trials for the crew. Many had frozen or starved to death trying to prove that they had what it took to survive in the wilderness. But now every member of the crew had survived in a hostile environment with nothing more than an obsidian knife.
Each crewmember now proudly wore that knife at their sides, a symbol to all who saw that they were the chosen of god. They were the ones who would set sail and secure the holy land for the Confederation.

The ship glided down the channel to the sea, all along the way the prayers and chants of the people followed it - it was a symbol that the Confederation could do anything that it put its mind to.

Three months later

The ship was a bustle - while there were a lot of priests on board, they Confederation was not stupid enough to entrust a mission this valuable to people without skill on the seas. The crew were all veterans on the high seas, and allowances were made for that. They had all provemn themselves, and that was enough for Tokaris.

The seer came from the temple deck. A smile on his face and his tentacles twitching.
“We approach.”

The Jakai are an accommodating people and more likely to accept new and strange cultures. They are a hardy people used to harsh climates. Their religion gives them an unshakable morale as long as its tenets are not brought into question.
They are not socially adaptable however, and the priesthood rules with an iron tentacle.

Vesivoda, Nation of the Deeps

The sub pen was lit by phosphorescent globes. The submarine explorer vessel Cyclopea stood ready. Akull the Dreadful watched as the loaded the last of the supplies onto the vessel - some of them screamed for mercy as they were carted into subs hold.
“We will make the Elves pay for this curse” he rasped past his gills. They still spoke the elvish language, but the gills made it sound different, more unnerving. If that was possible, their skin too had faded from black to a pale white in their time in the water.

The Voda needed to expand - they currently clung to existence on the few reefs and waterlogged islands no one else cared about. They used their ability to breath underwater for long periods of time to make their ships move under the water. They were thus able to sneak up on other ships and raid them.

But there was a lack of room down here. They were not full water breathers, so ever city needed to have a supply of air, and areas where they could breath but never be too far from water. The hope was that the new world would be theirs, where they could carve out a proper empire rather than this half existence they currently lived.

Three months later.

The sonar spell that kept track of the sea floor had reported it was getting closer- which meant they were getting closer to land. And a good thing too. They had been on kelp rations for a month now, and the crew was in need of fresh meat.

“Take us up number one.” Akull said, a predatory smile on his face. “Let’s see what we’ve got.”

The Voda are much like the Dark Elves, Long lived and will eat most things, they are amphibious as well - able to live both in water and outside, but needing to switch between the two.
They need wet conditions, and are the least numerous of the races, meaning getting population for the colonies will be more difficult.

Age of Exploration actions
Welcome explorers - first off, I’ve tried to keep things relatively vague, but if there is anything you hate about how I’ve portrayed your explorer, let me know and I’ll retcon it now!

So, we have a blank grid of 20 squares, plus a strip of open water to represent the great ocean. Time to see what the world looks like. This age will be the most formulaic to set out the lands, then the next age will see the wheels come off more!

Your action will be simple, select a square, describe the type of terrain you are looking for, a resource found there and a thing of interest your explore finds. You are allowed to go up to three squares east (to the right) so we don’t end up with a completely straight coast.
In later rounds, we will have to try and link up the squares, but for now, you should be free to pick what you want- this is a magical land, so we will ignore things like climate and water tables, if a jungle is right next to a desert, the gods did it!

Feel free to narrate your brave explorers, and flesh out your nations a bit more personality wise.
Then roll a D20 and post the results. I shall then assess your success and take it into account.

As a flavourless example -
A. N. Explorer of the The Kingdom of Example searches for a mountain range rich in gold, which is topped by an volcano of pure molten gold

As a bit of extra fun, use this square to sketch out how you want the land you have found to look! (I get free reign on a 1!)

Also, for this round only, you may suggest a name for the continent - at the end of the round, the highest modified score will win and that shall become the official name!

Get to it, and get creative!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
This trillionaire diamond baron benefactor of the Queendom of Felyn would like to donate his private army to the hero Yan, along with a crateful of slaves for emergency snack and labor.

Preemptive +1 to yan

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Target square C3

Quirinius the Bold seeks a huge island surrounded by impassable cliffs, topped with lush and verdant wilderness perfect for growing Aviar foodstuffs. The most intriguing find is a grove of strange trees whose delicious fruit has incredible and mysterious properties.

Quirinius led his explorator squadron on a loop around the long, sleek form of the IS Archaeopteryx, proudly revelling in the red, blue and gold banners and pennants snapping in the breeze. He signalled to Polyhymnia, his First Officer , to lead her Wing downwards towards the new land, scout for a good place to moor their ship atop the bluff. She knew her job well, and Quirinius always enjoyed watching her go into action: Indeed, she momentarily flared her own plumage with a knowing smile before darting into a dive towards what would doubtless soon be the newest province of the Grand Imperium.

As for the bold one himself, there was still plenty to do. The cliffs could potentially be dangerous, so a quick recce of the sheer and rocky surfaces was in order. He signalled to the Archaeopteryx to follow on after Second Wing. Quintus was at the helm, the Migration-Master. He had been forced to take on that administrative role after having sadly had one of his wings clipped during a skirmish on the Imperial northern border a few years back. Still, he was a fine pilot and had lost none of his leadership skills, even if this was the closest he got to real flying these days.

Once First Wing had conducted their exploration, it was time to rejoin the rest and make official landfall, claiming this island and all others nearby for the Imperium. Polyhymnia handed him the Blue-Red-And-Gold, and he dove down, embedding it firmly in the new soil.

"I hereby proclaim these lands to be Opulentia, the newest province of the Grand Imperium!"

Turn 1 exploration roll: 19!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The Deus Vault- First landing day

To the Decamony of Vendref

From your Servant in the dawn lands Torkaris

Praises to the Frost Father we have arrived in this new land. Our journey has, fortunately, not been hard. Many among us were prepared for a far more terrifying voyage, but we have been able to find much in the way of fish stocks and a particularly delicious type of flabby sea creature (it tastes something like Kumiss, but less tangy). I have taken to talking to the Crew as much as possible about our mission here. We are to look and to learn about this vast new world that lies before us, we are to gather as many different sorts of animal and bring it to the Vault for study. We need to find areas to live, far from the threat of war and the oppression of other Imperial powers at home. Whilst Skraa has always been our Chief it is up to us to ensure that all of the Pantheon are honoured in the new land.

Many have taken to it. The Reindeer folk have found that the grass stores have lasted, and there was enough clover to allow them to speak to their ancestors on the voyage. We all knew that the Reindeer mother would find much for her people to talk of in the new lands, but they have been very helpful with their star charts. Our own books re-interpretation means a lot to them, and they speak of their daughters place at Skraa's side. Our own charts still need work and I am loathe to mention it again but we must seek more ordered methods of teaching if we wish to match our brothers and sisters in Faith.

May we be delivered whole into the earth.

We are hoping to find Fjords, with plentiful fish and good pasture land in slot B2 The resources there are mainly Timber, Iron and sacred places

- Looks like this from far away

- Looks like this up close

http://orokos.com/roll/487231 - Roll 15

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
+1 to fjords

I like fjords. They have nice squiggly bits.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Target Square A3

Akull the Dreadfull seeks a bay or cove allowing for easy access to both water, land, and security, with temperatures cold enough to be palatable to Vodan sensibilities. Right this moment, he cares for nothing more than bountiful prey, but a long term source of mineral wealth is imperative for their continued survival.

The Cyclopea made landfall with the aggression typical of the Voda. Still partially submerged, the impact drove steel piles from their housings into the sea bed - the Cyclopea herself would form their foothold on this new land, and they would build outwards from her core. For now, however, Akull and his crew wanted fresh sea air, and fresh sea fish. Or sea birds. Or whatever else they could lay claim to! Akull threw open the hatch and waved them all out. They sprang from their barracks, men and women and a scant few children, and flew whooping from the gunwale into the water. Akull himself held back for a moment, keeping a weather eye out for strange predators, or else nervous what this first step would mean for his people. Too late now, in any case - the Elves had pushed them to the outskirts to live off the dregs of the land, but now they were far behind them, half a world away. Here, his people could be free of their influence.

He dove in, making the biggest splash of them all. Vodalonia was going to be just perfect, he knew it.

Turn 1 exploration roll: 18!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Yan is female; Dark Elves are largely matriarchal.

These rolls... will post and roll a one tonight.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Also, once I get a good sense of people's races and heroes, I'll probably post up a picture of my interpretation of them. Feel free to add descriptive details if you're interested, but it'll be pretty casual regardless so I'll just wing it!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

“Land ho!”

At those words, Yggdra burst outwards from the soil she was resting in, much to the surprise of the other crew members who were relaxing in the sunlight. Wooden arms shaking, she scuttled over to the bow of the ship, eyes focused on what lied in the horizon. Land. Solid, firm, familiar yet unfamiliar land. Her body unconsciously began to move for a fist pump, before Yggdra barely managed to restrain herself as she thought of those watching her from all around. Had to be the mature leader here, after all. Instead, she placed both hands on her trunk as she turned to face the crew, letting out a confident,

“My fellow Sapients! Though our journey was long,” if rather peaceful, she decided not to add after consideration, “we have found our new home at last! Prepare yourselves for landing, for the glory of the Halidom!”

Reveling in the excited if slightly confused applause she received, Yggdra could already imagine the wondrous Deciduous forest full of soaring trees and abundant plant life that they would find. Ideally, the land would be filled with bountiful freshwater lakes, as anyone with intelligence knew that Sapients grew best when exposed to freshwater! And if the Great Mother Oak was merciful, perhaps they would even manage to find something interesting such as signs of other intelligent creatures like themselves! All in their new home of The Super-Ultra Amazingingly Fantastic Glorious New Motherland of the Halidom of Zylem! Photopia!

Turn 1 Exploration: 1d20 12

Also yeah, Yggdra is a lady tree person, whatever that entails. Edit: Also that's supposed to be me targetting D1 in case it was unclear. Double Edit: Nevermind, I somehow completely misinterpreted what going three squares right meant. Changing my claim to C5.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 17, 2017

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
+1 to Yggdra and the Sapients

May your saplings take root in the richest of soils.

Influences: 1

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 18, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

The Felyn make for B4

By moonlight the great ship Di’Beirs prowled the coast of the new land, carefully monitoring for unwelcome strangers and fresh meat. Some few small animals were caught, but nothing truly satisfying. The crew grew restless after the long voyage, the weakest disappearing in the glare of day with muted screams. Night after night they refused to make landing, until one evening the air changed and the light of the moon shone more clearly on the water.

"Fresh water," Yan proclaimed. "We are nearing the wash of a great river. This Sparkling will guide us inland, far from the foul sea and our accursed kin." She spat into the ocean in contempt. Rivers flowed from high to low, and a river of this size meant mountains ahead. Mountains with welcoming caves, with seams of coal to fuel industry and the subtle evidences of the most precious of stones. Her voice raised, carrying orders to weary sailors to prepare for river travel.

Great casters set about the ship, carving runes into the wood and stone to reduce the draft and lighten the load. The vessel would make its way up the mighty Sparkling in search of these distant mountains. Hunters spread out to either side of the passage, eager to sate their tongues on the foreign blood of this new place. The first to find signs of great beasts were promised rich reward and access to the reserve of native spices. Each day the vessel stopped, hidden under illusions of haze and the pall of low-hanging clouds.

A welcoming shadow was going to fall over Dullah, claiming the land for the gentle dark.

Roll: 3

:ohdear: A land title and a fancy felted top hat for all supporters!

Added Space fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 18, 2017

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Sure I'll throw money in your hat.

+1 to The Felyn

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

+1 to Felyn

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
+1 to Yggdra and the Sapients

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+1 Felyn

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The trilionaire diamond baron's favorite tea cup broke apart by itself. As if an ill omen of one of his many investment was in peril. "Which one could it be?" He pondered. He can only hope it is not the new land expedition team.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I like hats.
The Felyn expedition was supplied with top-quality weapons and equipment by The Concern. (+1)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
+1 Vesivoda

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
A minor slave revolt instigated by a jealous rival diamond-trader caused some delays in the delivery of crucial supplies, somewhat hampering Yan's mission.

-1 Felyn

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

+1 Felyn

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

+1 to The Felyn

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

+1 Felyn

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
+1 to The Grand Imperium

The High Arbitrator of the Imperial Oversight Committee concludes that the current actions of the expedition leader serve the best interests of the Grand Imperium at large, and gives his blessing.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Unsure if I needed to make an original submission to be a sponsor now, but if not:

+1, Felyn

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Right, getting onto this after a busy weekend. Looks like everyone is getting what they wanted this time!

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Abstain.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The Halidom of Zylem

Exploring the new land took some time, but it Yggdra and her crew suffered no hardships as they discovered the ground here to be fertile. The lakes they found were full of clear water, while the trees of the forest were strong and hearty, seemingly having been undisturbed for centuries.

This was all they could have hoped for! It was a fantastic feeling to be walking land that no one had ever walked before, to not see the hallmarks of civilization. They marked their maps and prepared to move on to the next area.

Yggdra has found a decent sized forest! This will provide a moderate amount of the resource of Wood. Has also found the yet unnamed freshwater lakes inland.

The Queendom of Felyn

The journey up the newly named Sparkling River was hard, but thankfully, many powerful people had put their ideas into the Di’Beirs, and she had a shallow draft. She was able to navigate the rivers slowly, with the search parties coming back with news that the area had decent reserves of coal.
They also saw creatures moving in mountains, winged gryphons were seen flying around the mountaintops.

The ship sustained only minor damage, quickly repaired, and Yann was soon thinking about the next leg of her journey.

Yann has found moderate amounts of Coal in the Frostfangs. She has also discovered Gryphons in the mountains.

The Grand Imperium

The feeling of landing in such a place filled Quirinius the Bold with joy. All around him he could see the wilds.
In the later days, they came upon a grove of trees, each laden with fruit. Quirinius the Bold was of course the first to taste this new fruit, and declared that he had never tasted anything so good in his entire life.

Soon the entire crew was stuffed with what they were now calling Quirinius Fruit, and they had loaded more into the Archaeopteryx, ready to see what new secrets this land had to offer!

Quirinius the Bold has discovered a mountain island with the now named Quirinius fruit in abundant quantities![/b] he has also found the lands to provide fertile seed growing lands

The Vendref Confederation

Charting the fjords took time, but there were so many inlets to search, and each could hold something new. What they found was an abundance of the fatty fish, the shoals teemed around the coast and in the bays.

Happy with this, Torkaris ordered his men inland, where they trek through the lands before coming across a clearing. There stood a majestic white stag-like creature with horns reaching up to a height of ten feet above the ground. The creature stares directly into Torkaris’s eyes, and he knows this is a special place, one that should be venerated.

Torkaris has found abundant fish and a sacred site!

Vesivoda, Nation of the Deeps

The cove Akull looked upon was perfect. It was deep enough to form both a natural harbour and to allow for settlement. The land around it was surrounded by hills, making an almost natural fortress. The water was icy cold as well.

While the rest of the land was not as rich as some of the other nations would like, it was home to a large bull-like beast that, once brought down, fed the crew of the Cyclopea for two days. There were herds of these creatures, and their thick coats were almost waterproof.

Akull has found An unnamed cove and an abundant supply of [b]Buffalo
like creatures (these can be renamed as well.

[b]Phase 2

Here is the map so far! I’ll probably continue to edit it as we go along.

Phase 2 is just like the first - A resource, a interesting location and a dice roll - but this time you must pick a square and try and conform to the current coastline - I’m not sure what to do about the island in the middle yet, but I’ll tidy the map up at the end.

No one lost any HP in the first round. So I don’t get to talk about you getting eaten by animals. I have something more interesting planned for Round 3 though!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Oh god, the map. It cries out for pretty borders.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's one weird-rear end coastline.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Are we limited to the first three columns or can we go for D and E as well this round?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Alter the water surrounding the inland island to swampland or something and it'll probably become easier to conform to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
It's easy enough to conform to, we just need to think archipelago here.

• Locked thread