Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«100 »
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I guess the odds are better from higher tier raids but you can get TMs from any raid. Ironically the two tier 2 raids I've completed both gave me TMs but the tier 4 one did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Do raids have to be a certain level to drop TMs? Or can you get them from the lvl 1 raids?

Got a TM from a two bowser raid today.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

8 people showed up for a Level 4 Snorlax raid yesterday. Today nobody showed up for a Level 4 Charizard raid at the same park.

This is the flaw of the whole system.

financially racist
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Got a 15/14/15 Machamp and 15/15/14 Lapras from raids today

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Astro7x posted:

8 people showed up for a Level 4 Snorlax raid yesterday. Today nobody showed up for a Level 4 Charizard raid at the same park.

This is the flaw of the whole system.

Because anybody who cares to have a Charizard could, given enough pinaps and motivation, snag half a dozen during last week's fire and ice event?

Sebadoh Gigante
Jun 28, 2008

kxZyle posted:

You get three mons from an incubator vs. just one from a raid pass, though. And those three are guaranteed to hatch, while you may lose your 100-coin pass investment to an unwinnable battle.

They don't necessarily need to drop the price, they just need to make passes a safer investment and/or more appealing. Make them last a whole day or something.
Play with more people. Also you can retry raids as many times as you want for free as long as the timer's still going (1 hour total).

quote:

In other news, I used a second Charged TM on my Gyarados and it went back to Outrage from Crunch.
If you have dragon tail/outrage it makes a good dragonite killer. Vaporeon's a better water attacker anyway.

Shifty Pony posted:

The more I think about it the more well put together this update is and how targeted it is at ruining the game for spoofers (who manage to avoid detection via whatever Niantic is using to put the slash on their pokemon)

Coins are easier to get now for your average player, but more difficult for a spoofer because you only get 50 per day and you don't have control over when you get them. At the same time they added a new sink for coins in the raid pass system, which also keeps spoofers from just hopping from raid to raid to gather up tons of desirable pokemon. Additionally the new system gives people a way to gently caress with spoofers by feeding their pokemon to keep them from returning.

The only thing that really needs tweaking as far as I can tell is to have the raid pass only get burned when you enter the battle instead of just entering the lobby. Oh and the glitchly health bars in battle.

Lol if you think spoofers are only in it for the money. If anything it's easier for spoofers to go around feeding berries remotely, allowing their team to stay in gyms longer. From what I've seen of a lot of spoofers before the update, they just want to occupy as many gyms as possible, well past the payout cap.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

What is the benefit of a spoofer giving their own Pokémon berries? In theory, can't you reach your cap of 50 coins in half an hour if you have enough gyms? There is no point to keep them in the gyms anymore

Sebadoh Gigante
Jun 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

What is the benefit of a spoofer giving their own Pokémon berries? In theory, can't you reach your cap of 50 coins in half an hour if you have enough gyms? There is no point to keep them in the gyms anymore

To keep the other teams out of gyms. A lot of these people only do it to say they're in a lot of gyms or out of spite.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I've gone to four different four star raids, so far the only one where people left was when it ended up being a Venusaur. People were willing to use their passes on Lapras and Tyranitar. Once the novelty wears off I'll be glad if GPS spoofers join the fights with me though, I don't really give a poo poo at that point if they're using their army of beefy 100% pokemon they sniped from Hong Kong to carry me.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Lol if you think spoofers are only in it for the money. If anything it's easier for spoofers to go around feeding berries remotely, allowing their team to stay in gyms longer. From what I've seen of a lot of spoofers before the update, they just want to occupy as many gyms as possible, well past the payout cap.

This. I don't think spoofers have a problem finding top tier, high IV Pokemon, which is what non-cheating people are aiming to get hopefully through hatching eggs and buying incubators to hatch more eggs and needing coins to buy more. It's just amusing and ego-stroking for them to kick out everyone at their whim and feel like a god or something.

The only exception is if maybe there's some kind of account-selling, gold-farming thing going on but I don't know if that's a thing anymore or how lucrative that even is now to put the time and effort to farm the new gym system.

financially racist
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

15 people showed up for a Tyranitar raid. As we were trying to catch it after taking it down, another 7 arrived

This update is pretty rad

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing Me Spanish Techno

Who goes out in Western Washington in 96 degrees and knocks poor PopcornBall the Golem out of his gym, my foolproof plan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

I understand why they do it, but raids being 9-9 is really unfortunate for me. I work 6 days a week and my friends and I usually don't start playing until later at night. Guess we're gonna have to start going out earlier.

«100 »