Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«96 »
Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

DizzyBum posted:

I haven't seen any raids nearby yet. They sound fun though. Hopefully one pops soon. Do you get notified if one is coming up in the area?

Yup, every time you open the game. You can also check the start times on the nearby page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Shitposting softly

Fun Shoe

Chekans 3 16 posted:

They're 25 and up now.

Nice, thanks!

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

What do the number of angry faces mean next to the raid? I saw raids between 1-3 faces so far, is it just difficulty?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

OGS-Remix posted:

What do the number of angry faces mean next to the raid? I saw raids between 1-3 faces so far, is it just difficulty?

And awesomeness of mon. 3-4 tier gets you Snorlax, Tyranitar, etc. 1-2, karps.

Did my first raid! Just a single karp, pretty small, but got a rainbow candy which I promptly turned into a Dragonite candy, and met some cool people.

Local Facebook page is reporting a ton of Tyranitars in raids. I will be hunting tomorrow!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing Me Spanish Techno

My raid was a two face/star Magmar. It was a red egg.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Cowslips Warren posted:

And awesomeness of mon. 3-4 tier gets you Snorlax, Tyranitar, etc. 1-2, karps.

Did my first raid! Just a single karp, pretty small, but got a rainbow candy which I promptly turned into a Dragonite candy, and met some cool people.

Local Facebook page is reporting a ton of Tyranitars in raids. I will be hunting tomorrow!

I have two raids nearby one with two faces and the other has one. I guess I know which raid I'll be going to.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching

There's a raid for a 34,000 Tyranitar not too far away from my house. What does it take to try and catch it? Have to wittle down its CP to zero? Just don't want to waste my time walking over for nothing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, take it down to zero and then you have to catch a much lower CP Tyranitar with some provided special pokeballs (you can use your own berries)

for that level I would hope you'd have at least a couple friends with you, I dunno about soloing 34k

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I went to a one Bowser face raid and it was a 5000 Croconaw. I soloed him with a 2400 double psychic Exeggutor in less than 30 seconds. When I caught him he turned into an 885. I wasn't going to buy raid tokens to begin with, but even with a free daily token that wasn't worth it. Maybe if they change it so instead of catching some lame raid boss with poo IVs you get a shot at a random Unown letter.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Julio Cruz posted:

50 a day should also mean fewer people will end up holding their full allocation of gyms because it won't make them any more coins.

Some spoofers held 25+ gyms around me under the old system. Who knows why...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Heathen posted:

I went to a one Bowser face raid and it was a 5000 Croconaw. I soloed him with a 2400 double psychic Exeggutor in less than 30 seconds. When I caught him he turned into an 885. I wasn't going to buy raid tokens to begin with, but even with a free daily token that wasn't worth it. Maybe if they change it so instead of catching some lame raid boss with poo IVs you get a shot at a random Unown letter.

I believe all raid captures are egg-hatch IV so 10/10/10 minimum

also you can get TMs and those are the real prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebadoh Gigante
Jun 28, 2008

Sprite Based posted:

So, wait, you don't get stardust from gyms anymore? Only coins?

That...really sucks. A lot. I don't care much about coins, but I really liked getting some regular dust everyday, especially when I was busy with work and couldn't get out and actually do any hunting.

I guess I can feed a berry to a Pokemon...for 20 dust per berry.

Pogo plus helps with stardust. It's no replacement for gym dust but it helps.

GonSmithe posted:

And now it's 50 coins per day, which is horseshit. They're going to be tweaking these numbers a lot the next couple of days, I think.

The new system makes you actually have to put effort into playing the game, and that is the way it should be.

«96 »