Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Update's royally hosed, at least on my end. The stuttering during fights is now so bad that I failed a Koffing raid even though I could reliably take them down with 25-30 seconds left. I saw redditors posts talking about the same degree of stuttering in gym fights, making dodging impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I wonder if that's a side effect of their attempt to fix all the network errors? I don't know code, this is a complete guess

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

seiferguy posted:

It says Slaking's max CP is 5400, that's uh... a typo right? :stare:
Slaking has really high stats in the main games - but an ability that says he can do something every other turn. So some people think this means they will add abilities to PoGo (I don't think this is a slight possibility, but would love to be wrong). More likely they would just nerf his stats like Rich Uncle Chet said.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm sure they'll nerf it like the time they did the one rebalance and nerfed Lapras for no reason.

I"ll be mad at that one forever

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I don't know code, this is a complete guess

That describes Niantic's fixes pretty well.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Willsun posted:

I'm sure they'll nerf it like the time they did the one rebalance and nerfed Lapras for no reason.

I"ll be mad at that one forever

Well tbh lapras was out of line too powerful and it was just placed on same stat calculations as everyone else. Its a shame though.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Man how was Lapras too powerful. You get to hatch one if you're lucky or went to the tsunami relief event in Japan, and it's still super rare if you're living by the water. Its max CP was middle of the road too, albeit higher than the pitiful starters.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Willsun posted:

Man how was Lapras too powerful. You get to hatch one if you're lucky or went to the tsunami relief event in Japan, and it's still super rare if you're living by the water. Its max CP was middle of the road too, albeit higher than the pitiful starters.

Back before it was nerfed it was a house in the old gym defense system, wasn't it?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

No way, I saw way more Arcanine in gyms before Lapras. Also people were learning Exeggutor was strong and even against ice, Lapras attacks really slow.

I dunno, maybe my experience was different because even the few times I passed by San Francisco, Lapras wasn't that common in gyms. I figured everyone just saved them as an attacker versus the millions of Dragonite as the only good ice Pokemon.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah Lapras was better reserved as an attacker in the old gym system, especially since given enough time with no other team taking the gym down, would eventually turn into a stack of Dragonites.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah Lapras was better reserved as an attacker in the old gym system, especially since given enough time with no other team taking the gym down, would eventually turn into a stack of Dragonites.

I think this is what I was thinking of, thanks.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Willsun posted:

I meant too powerful in a sense that it had higher stats than it has in the main game series, while all the other pokemon were in line with their respective stats. It was adjusted to same line with everyone else.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Also this.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao two of the nests in town switched to paras and spinarak today.

why the gently caress do they make shitball pokemon like spinarak even nest, i mean gently caress i don't ask that only good ones nest but poo poo like spinarak is useless for anything.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

financially racist posted:

why the gently caress do they make shitball pokemon like spinarak even nest, i mean gently caress i don't ask that only good ones nest but poo poo like spinarak is useless for anything.

my first perfect iv pokemon was a spinarak

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
My only 0% is a Spinarak

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The geodude nest at the zoo down the street turned into a spearow nest. lol

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
At least your nets have had something. Nests near me always rotated between the usual common bug type/flying types, lol.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

financially racist posted:

To gently caress with us. Not kidding. Niantic really loves loving with us. And they're not 100% useless, dust and mass evolves.

The closest big nest went Spinarak for me, too. This is bull. It's gone Slugma, Jynx, Teddiursa, Spinarak. At this rate it will be Pidgeys in two weeks.

The two small parks nearby (that my kid is really getting sick of) went Wobbufet and Cubone. I guess I can try to get a perfect Cubone? And the lady Wobbufet with the lipstick.

Shuckle is now 40+ minutes away. I like Shuckle, damnit. I like catching Shuckle. But I'm not driving 40ish minutes to do it.

Armitage posted:

At least your nets have had something. Nests near me always rotated between the usual common bug type/flying types, lol.

Contact Niantic. According to Discord, at least three small parks in town, generally on the western edge (downtown and most nests being far east) only have nests because of hassling Niantic.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Contact Niantic. According to Discord, at least three small parks in town, generally on the western edge (downtown and most nests being far east) only have nests because of hassling Niantic.

Is there anything in particular that's useful to say? We're a city of 60k+ population with at least a dozen parks in city limits but the only nest nearby is like 5 miles out of town.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I asked, Apparently "hey I frequently walk/take my kids to/ etc Parks X, Y, and Z, because they're close to home/on the way home or to school/ etc. I respectfully request a nest in any or all of them since the nearest nest is 5 miles away, and dangerous/boring to walk/boring for kids/etc." Basically just be honest and ask, don't demand. And wait a couple months.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
In the mean time, go on open street map and designate your local parks as parks

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
That can't hurt. Every nest I know of in a park is indeed a park on Google maps.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Unown popped up a block from my apartment. Seriously feel like I won the lottery.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Unown popped up a block from my apartment. Seriously feel like I won the lottery.

I think you have a better chance of winning the lotto than catching one of those things, congrats

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Parrotine posted:

I think you have a better chance of winning the lotto than catching one of those things, congrats
Dude, my sister and brother are staying with me for the weekend from a rural area. They were hyped...but it fled from my brother. He definitely lost the lottery.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Catching unown is like winning the lottery??

But seriously, these were all caught using a discord map, and most of these were also caught when I went through a brief period of unemployment.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

If We're sharing unown pics, I haven't gotten much, but I've managed to get a decent amount considering I haven't lived anywhere where there's swarms of them:

Edit, also, after for a long time believing that a Zapdos just wasn't in the cards for me, I managed to catch a 100% one, on a crit capture no less. The last time I got a crit capture was on a CP 92 Sunkern, so I'd say that makes us even, Niantic.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 25, 2017

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'm at 237 for my Pokedex and at this point it's just a long series of Unowns popping up on the NYC Pokemap in places I'd get to 5 minutes too late.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Welp I caught a 15/11/10 Lugia.

Which is... pretty decent for powering up I guess, since you can't defend with them anyway?

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I asked, Apparently "hey I frequently walk/take my kids to/ etc Parks X, Y, and Z, because they're close to home/on the way home or to school/ etc. I respectfully request a nest in any or all of them since the nearest nest is 5 miles away, and dangerous/boring to walk/boring for kids/etc." Basically just be honest and ask, don't demand. And wait a couple months.
What's the proper channel for contact in asking them to look into adding nests? There's a play field and park across the street from my work that has a stop and a gym but it doesn't appear to be a nest. It is already marked as a park on OpenStreetMap as well.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I'm at 237 for my Pokedex and at this point it's just a long series of Unowns popping up on the NYC Pokemap in places I'd get to 5 minutes too late.
Wouldn't 237 be one regional and every Pokémon released? Did you get one extra regional? I'm now missing steelix. I now have 6 upgrades in addition to the one I used. 3 dragon scales. 1 total metal coat.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I have had more non-streak evo items drop in the last week than in the entire time since gen 2 came out. Have they upped the drop rates, or is the RNG just smiling on me for a change?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Welp I caught a 15/11/10 Lugia.

Which is... pretty decent for powering up I guess, since you can't defend with them anyway?

You can use him as a big beefy boy in raids and taking down gyms

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Lugia with Extrasensory and Future Sight is fantastic against poison / fighting raids, aka Muk / Weezing / Machamp.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
Lo and behold my local parks are not listed as such in openstreetmap, and a stream in one of the parks is also absent. Thanks dudes!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Fritzler posted:

Wouldn't 237 be one regional and every Pokémon released? Did you get one extra regional? I'm now missing steelix. I now have 6 upgrades in addition to the one I used. 3 dragon scales. 1 total metal coat.

I've got every non-regional save Unown, plus Mr Mime from a trip to London. Hang in there with the Metal Coat; I finally got my second-ever this morning, from a 7-day streak, and was able to finish Scizor.

Now, if Unown would stop spawning almost solely in the Rockaways, Throgs Neck, and Bayonne, NJ, I'd be made in the shade.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fritzler posted:

Including current regionals and legendaries the total is 242 right now. Mewtwo will be 243.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
0 for 5 on raids the last couple days, gently caress this idiot game

• Locked thread