Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I finally managed to do a raid at a Sprint gym a couple days back. I am hoping on hope that this nabs me an EX pass cause I am NOT driving fourty loving minutes away to the nearest Starbucks gym raid for a 6% monster catch rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

dwarf74 posted:

So are event spawns usually this highly tuned up? I just started like 4 months ago, so have no point of comparison.

The ghosts and skulls have become as common as spinarak and pidgey, while the gem guys are basically murkrow.

The good part is that I finally have a good Gengar and Houndoom, at least.

Event spawns for something are always this turned up.

So, for the water event, it was bloody Krabby everywhere, the rarer water mons were still annoying to find.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Everyone here would kill for a good Snubbull nest.

Ughhh, I'm so sick of seeing Snubbulls and Granbulls. They're extremely common for me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ughhh, I'm so sick of seeing Snubbulls and Granbulls. They're extremely common for me.

I saw so many of them in Vegas. Along with Mankeys. It was weird. Then again I didn't see a single Nidoran which are all over the place in my area.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'd say Snubbull/Granbull is one of the most common of the uncommon 'mons around here.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

OK, I have enough ghosts now. Can I have some regular stuff again?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fitzy Fitz posted:

OK, I have enough ghosts now. Can I have some regular stuff again?

No I have two lv30 haunters with 65-79% IVs. More ghastly!!!!!

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
I keep intending to go to where the sponsored gyms are, but then 3 legendaries popped within minutes of each other in my usual neighborhood, which is without sponsored gyms but has a really rad raiding community(waits for people, jumps out if someone walks up too late, cool to chat with, etc) so I popped a lucky egg and did that instead.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Psychobabble! posted:

I keep intending to go to where the sponsored gyms are, but then 3 legendaries popped within minutes of each other in my usual neighborhood, which is without sponsored gyms but has a really rad raiding community(waits for people, jumps out if someone walks up too late, cool to chat with, etc) so I popped a lucky egg and did that instead.

This is an acceptible compromise since raiding at sponsored gyms is a huge pain in the rear end

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i have caught 130 ghosts this event

the best ivs i have got were on a shuppet at 65%. am i just absurdly unlucky or is everyone else having a hell of a time getting anything eceb remotely good out of this?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

financially racist posted:

the best ivs i have got were on a shuppet at 65%. am i just absurdly unlucky or is everyone else having a hell of a time getting anything eceb remotely good out of this?

I caught a L30 Shuppet 91% yesterday. A L11 96% Sableye. Have caught at least 20 Sableye and more than 50 Shuppet. Haven't found a good duskull yet

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

financially racist posted:

Yeah, I'm getting crap IVs on everything too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well i did just catch an 84% pikahat so that's something i guess v:shobon:v

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Got one. Only the 20th one seen, so either I got super lucky or they're relatively common.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I got a 100% Banette with the help of a tracker. My roommate got a shiny Sableye less than 24 hours into the event. I saved a bunch of 10K's to hatch during this event and have gotten 9 new eggs I think and got the middle bundle with super incubators with gym coins. Not a single 2K when I all I want is a pichu to hatch.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

So, I just made the switch from iOS over to a Pixel 2. My Go+ is running ludicrously behind everything. It takes a solid 10 seconds to recognize that I'm in range of a stop or Pokemon, and then takes a while longer to acknowledge that I pushed the button, assuming it doesn't just drop the input entirely. If I'm driving I'll legit be like, 2 blocks down the road before it starts buzzing about a stop or a gym I've passed.

Anybody else dealing with this, or know something I don't? I've tried disabling battery optimization for fused location, the Bluetooth handler and Pokemon go itself with no luck.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Is Sableye the only shiny of the ghosts released?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Louisgod posted:

Is Sableye the only shiny of the ghosts released?

As far as I've seen, yes. It looked like the thumbnails for the other shinies were in when they datamined the event, but I don't think anyone has caught/hatched one.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

TVs Ian posted:

Got one. Only the 20th one seen, so either I got super lucky or they're relatively common.

Super lucky for you! Only met one other dude who caught one and he's well into the 100+ mark for Sableyes.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Vegastar posted:

So, I just made the switch from iOS over to a Pixel 2. My Go+ is running ludicrously behind everything. It takes a solid 10 seconds to recognize that I'm in range of a stop or Pokemon, and then takes a while longer to acknowledge that I pushed the button, assuming it doesn't just drop the input entirely. If I'm driving I'll legit be like, 2 blocks down the road before it starts buzzing about a stop or a gym I've passed.

Anybody else dealing with this, or know something I don't? I've tried disabling battery optimization for fused location, the Bluetooth handler and Pokemon go itself with no luck.

That's just how it works on Android. My friend who plays a lot more than me specifically used his phone upgrade to switch to an iPhone because of how much better the game works on it.

Have fun trying to do mass evolutions!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I've never noticed that amount of lag, but I've never played on iOS. 10 seconds to recognize a stop sounds insane.

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

Wat? I've done two now with no issues on Android.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

That's just how it works on Android. My friend who plays a lot more than me specifically used his phone upgrade to switch to an iPhone because of how much better the game works on it.

Nah, the game itself runs pretty smoothly. I don't have any issues doing things by hand, manually spinning stops and gyms, etc. It's like the go+ is trapped 10 seconds back in time.

From doing some more digging around, it sounds like Oreo was a bit of a clusterfuck for bluetooth. Sounds like there's some hope for patches early next month.

Still would be curious if there's anyone else even running in to this.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I prefer the Gotcha partially because the Plus was a bit laggy sometimes (nothing like what you experienced, though). More so because it was always loving disconnecting and not reconnecting until I went through rituals of disconnecting in-game and unpairing via Bluetooth and resetting the Plus itself, but those could be related.

I haven't used either with any iOS things, so I can't compare. But there was definitely a lot of lag at times.

I don't have any trouble with mass evolves unless my phone is too warm, though. I thought that was specific to my phone model, old S7 Galaxy. Is it not?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Vegastar posted:

Nah, the game itself runs pretty smoothly. I don't have any issues doing things by hand, manually spinning stops and gyms, etc. It's like the go+ is trapped 10 seconds back in time.

From doing some more digging around, it sounds like Oreo was a bit of a clusterfuck for bluetooth. Sounds like there's some hope for patches early next month.

Still would be curious if there's anyone else even running in to this.

I'm on a Nexus 6p and a good friend of mine on OG Pixel XL. Both of us on Oreo. None of that lag in reacting to stops and such. I'm experiencing issues with keeping it connected, but usually stems from when the game crashes on me while my Plus was connected. Constantly have to reboot the phone, or reseat the battery or factory reset the plus and reconnect it, or a combination of all of that. But once connected it's pretty responsive to what's around me. I have tried it on iOS and iOS is a bit quicker in responding, but by like milliseconds, not 10 seconds.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Boywunda posted:

I'm on a Nexus 6p and a good friend of mine on OG Pixel XL. Both of us on Oreo. None of that lag in reacting to stops and such. I'm experiencing issues with keeping it connected, but usually stems from when the game crashes on me while my Plus was connected. Constantly have to reboot the phone, or reseat the battery or factory reset the plus and reconnect it, or a combination of all of that. But once connected it's pretty responsive to what's around me. I have tried it on iOS and iOS is a bit quicker in responding, but by like milliseconds, not 10 seconds.

Huh. Welp, there goes that theory. Thanks for the info.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I prefer the Gotcha partially because the Plus was a bit laggy sometimes (nothing like what you experienced, though). More so because it was always loving disconnecting and not reconnecting until I went through rituals of disconnecting in-game and unpairing via Bluetooth and resetting the Plus itself, but those could be related.

I haven't used either with any iOS things, so I can't compare. But there was definitely a lot of lag at times.

I don't have any trouble with mass evolves unless my phone is too warm, though. I thought that was specific to my phone model, old S7 Galaxy. Is it not?

As an iPhone haver, the lag existed for us too with the go+. Gotcha is better.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Found a 0 iv Gastly.

Also went for a 20k round trip bike ride to meet up with a friend who's now ex girlfriend turned out to be a slut, and on the way caught over 50 Pokemans, so thanks other people's serious relationship issues!

Now to enjoy this pizza.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hatched my first ever Larvitar. 59 candy? Noice.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

tangy yet delightful posted:

I barely play as it is living in a rural area. I spend a few bucks when I get free Google play money on balls here and there. If they made stops 2 items per spin that would certainly make me quit.

Guess we'll see how the A/B testing whales react to determine if the game gets more poo poo for rural people.

I'm a suburban player and have been barely able to keep 30-40 balls on me at any given time, with the reduced pokestop drops it's really killing my desire to play especially when my first spin of the day only nets me 4 items.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Just hatched Sableye out of a 10K egg. That's a disappointment.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Would someone please repost the hot poo poo new pokes to farm, versus the ones that are only good for a dex entry?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BrianBoitano posted:

Would someone please repost the hot poo poo new pokes to farm, versus the ones that are only good for a dex entry?

Machop, abra, geodude, and I guess houndour

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AirRaid posted:

Just hatched Sableye out of a 10K egg. That's a disappointment.
Yep.

I'm flooded with Sableye, Houndour, and the rest. I don't need even more of them.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

mastershakeman posted:

Machop, abra, geodude, and I guess houndour

None of the new ones?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

None of the new ones?
Dusclops has another evolution in gen 4. Banette is an ok glass cannon but I would rather take gengar even with his psychic weakness.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Boywunda posted:

I caught a L30 Shuppet 91% yesterday. A L11 96% Sableye. Have caught at least 20 Sableye and more than 50 Shuppet. Haven't found a good duskull yet

I got an 88,9 % Duskull from an egg on Saturday. And that's the only time I've seen one over 50.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I caught and evolved a 53-64 duskall. Should I farm for a better one? What about a good houndoor?

Also should I farm candies for the gengar I just evolved?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

tangy yet delightful posted:

I caught and evolved a 53-64 duskall. Should I farm for a better one? What about a good houndoor?

Also should I farm candies for the gengar I just evolved?

IVs are mostly pointless so do it if you for some reason care about IVs. I'd try to evolve a level 30 Duskull and have at least 100 candies extra for its Gen4 evolve. Same with Misdreavus, I found a 1448CP one in the wild, get at least 100 candies for its Gen4 evolution.

Gengar's okay if it has the best moveset. General rule of thumb is that it's not worth powering any Pokemon up beyond level 30 due to diminished returns on stats compared to how much stardust you pump into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
gen4 isn't going to be here until 2019

• Locked thread