Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

What the hell, Pokemon GO is fun again? I wish they added the new Pokemon sooner so there wasn't so much awkward down time.

I did encounter a weird bug though. I was trying to catch something and the ball recoiled back and started clipping through the ground, while the Pokemon I was trying to catch disappeared, replaced with the arrows from AR mode - which I wasn't in. Lost a high-level-looking Misdreavus. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

financially racist posted:

dunsparce got serene grace in later games and thusly became good as heck

Can't wait for Shedinja in Gen 3. :v:

Though considering they added gender when the main series did, they might actually roll out abilities or something similar at that point.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Krinkle posted:

Has anyone seen tiny golbats that are not clickable? Just ridiculously tiny golbats you could step on and you cannot interact with them, but the "i'm here" circles pulse out from them like they're trying to get your attention.
I've seen two, once on two phones at once so I know it's not just my problem.

I've seen one too, and it was specifically Golbat. Not sure what the deal is.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Only one i ever saw is the one I got from a 10k egg.

Why the hell is Mareep in 10k eggs? :psyduck: It's not unique or rare like Gen 1's 10k options at all. I just want my cute fluffy sheep lighthouse friend. :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

AirRaid posted:

Evolved a typhlosion. The final form of the gen 2 fire type starter.

Why the gently caress does it have shadow claw/solar beam?!

They added coverage moves to everything's move sets, which is really dumb when you don't have control over the one move (in each category) you have access to.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dr Tran posted:

Valor is doing this to all my gyms.

How do you know it's Valor if they don't take the gym? :confused:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I see you've made the correct choice of buddy. If only it sped up egg hatching like in the main games. :v:

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I just passed a gym that was level 9, yet only had 4 Pokémon stationed there. Very strange, but at least there's another gym to put one of my guys in.

Sometimes people just prestige as much as they can without having as many people with them, to help their team. Though I guess in a busier area than mine the effort wouldn't last very long.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 8, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Wait, what else does kings rock do?

Slowing (from Slowpoke) and Politoed (from Poliwhirl).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's not officially a softban, but if you get kicked out of a gym fight due to GPS adrift you can't re enter for a while.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dely Apple posted:

What the hell, Rudolph!

The Pokedex posted:

Staring at its antlers creates an odd sensation as if one were being drawn into their centers.
The curved antlers subtly change the flow of air to create a strange space where reality is distorted.
Those who stare at its antlers will gradually lose control of their senses and be unable to stand.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Adding type coverage moves in a system where you have two moves, one of which you can't use at will, and no choice as to which moves you get, was a terrible idea.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They had the right idea at launch with just converting evolution methods to candy, I'm not sure why they decided that new linear evolutions should also need items when they were introduced to handle branches.

E: Well I have an idea why, so there could be a larger pool of items to pull the wrong one from, but it's not like you can circumvent it with Pokecoins, which would normally be what dick moves in f2p games encourage.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I am some sort of moron for evolving my larvitar into a pupitar before it's time because when I got to 97/100 candies I got a 97.5% larvitar out of a 10k so now I'm basically back to 115/125 instead of 123/125.

Well, you have a backup for when if it gets bad moves? :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Psychobabble! posted:

Can someone explain what delibird and smeargle's moves are that make them so unique that they need special care in their release? I never played past gen 1.

Smeargle only learns one move by any method, a move that copies the move last used in battle permanently. Delibird's signature move does fixed damage - or a chance to heal the target instead.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone recognize the blacked out mon next to Venusaur under the raid pass explanation?

Gyarados.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Jesus, this update somehow manages to take even more battery than before. Whether the changes are good or bad is irrelevant if I can't play for long enough to experience them.

Also "Team Bonus" is bold-faced bullshit, it just highlights ones of the three poke balls I get in my team colour like it's any different to a normal pokestop.

• Locked thread