Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
OK, gen 2 dragged me back in. Unfortunately I've moved somewhere waaaay worse to play Pokemon Go in.

Question for anyone who lives in mid-sized SE Asian cities with 0 sidewalks/traffic laws: How do you play pogo without getting run over? You have to be pretty careful b/c of traffic when walking around here and basically no one is going to walk w/ a phone out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
FYI:

Apart from the name trick, it looks like 10k+ walked eevee revolved in day = espeon, evolved at night = umbreon. Gonna test this some more.

Sad that espeon > umbreon, I like umbreon way better.

The sheer quantity of trash Pokémon is still a bummer :(

E: also the # of pogo players here is small enough there aren't that many lures, no nests are mapped, and submission based trackers don't work. I guess I'll just explore, but definitely makes me appreciate release in a big city.

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 17, 2017

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
So just visited a gym and they rebalanced everything again? Hard to be into grinding back up again when all my high IV good move set Pokémon will apparently just be dumpstered again soon :/ seems like a lovely way to try and even things out.

I guess I'll just get Pokémon and ignore gyms.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Visual Sneeze posted:

But the Pinap Berries and evolved catch candy bonuses might actually offset that. I'm throwing Pinap Berries at all the low level Pidgeys I can find, reserving a handful for rare and desirable spawns.

Away all Goats posted:

I just realized this release was a stealth nerf to mass evolving. None of the new gen pokemon are 12 candy evolutions like Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpie

What level are you guys?

Since hitting 30+ it seems a bit pointless to powerlevel, given that wild spawns cap at 30, level requirements ramp up a ton, and it's prohibitively expensive in stardust to power up many pokemon to lvl 40 anyways.

e: Also, I wish there was some way to sort by evo line. It's sort of annoying to not be able to see all my eveelutions in one place :/

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 19, 2017

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Olothreutes posted:

Sort by # will put them all next to one another.

Except gen 1 is #'s 1-151 and Umbreon/Espeon are above that, so at least for me it shows them as a lot farther down the list, after eg Dragonite. Is this not how it shows up for others? Maybe I'm missing smth still

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

I don't see what's wrong w this esp with all the caveats? Tbh I'd rather pokemon genders were distinguished in a ton of cool + interesting ways like actual animals, not just by dressing them up like a human 3 yo of that gender.

What I really want is a pokemon which is super dimorphic like an anglerfish: http://www.livescience.com/49330-animal-sex-anglerfish.html

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

Which makes Unfezant a cool bird.

This is great. Also naming Pokémon for different languages must be insanely hard. You need like a dozen weird puns in different languages

e: Also i somehow missed this, but in the games ditto is basically a shapeshifting sex god?

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 21, 2017

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

NW Illinois, more or less everything on your list but haven't seen Quagmire/sire, Sneasel, or Houndour. I've been to the Museum Campus in Chicago and ... nothing really exciting there. Same poo poo. Caught a few Aipoms, Hoppips, and Yanma while downtown.

Caught 1 and saw a few more Skarmory nearer home. Oh, and a Dunsparce. And hatched a Slugma.

You should go to Adler Planetarium > Museum Campus if you're just looking for good pokemon. It's a much better spawn. Navy PIer and Lincoln park/the zoo are the other two places I would go if you want little poke men.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

seiferguy posted:

I got a metal coat on my 7 day spree. My girlfriend already has 3 evolve items :(

By the way, is the trick to log in to 2 devices to evolve still working? I got 100 pokemon ready to evolve, and I know 1 lucky egg won't be enough for 1 device.

You'll get pretty close to that if you have an iPhone 6~ or equivalent and force close restart the app.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Datasmurf posted:

Nah, I'm following a Norwegian Pokémon GO-thread, and at least two guys there have posted screenshots of their Larvitars caught in Norway, so there's hope for us, at least.

Whenever you get down re: NA exclusives just think about your health insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

BrianBoitano posted:

Speaking of which, are there any "roll your own" scanning apps these days?

Are there any online scanning apps that aren't limited to a specific city?

There's an iPhone app for scanning that works well.

• Locked thread