Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

darkwolf220 posted:

Did some more hunting tonight. Got a load of commons. Was able to evolve a Steelix, metal coat +50 candy. Didn't have the Scyther candy for it, or I would have gotten Scizor because he is better :haw:

How common are evo items? I probably hit 50+ stops today and got 1 metal coat and nothing else.

How? I hit up 30 stops and I didn't get no evolution stones. I'm confused how this works now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

GonSmithe posted:

Espeon has like 0 health

More than Alakazam.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The new evolution sound is horrifying. When some hp lovecraft aping motherfucker says you hear some hosed up otherworldly keening, this has to be what he's talking about.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I leveled to 32, and also I found that I have a Up-Grade item. Is that only for porygon? Of which I have two and 20 candy? Cool. Don't want to walk this turd but now I gotta.

I only saw one chansey over the valentines event. I got 6 candy out of it. I was walking this miserable gently caress around dreaming of the blissey that would shut down all comers and just as I get to 1 candy my eggs started hatching. I hatched two chanseys in a row. That'll do, PoG. That'll do.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Psychobabble! posted:

How do you tell what biome you're in?

pretend i'm wasting your time with like an animated gif of some jungle safari master who touches a poop with his fingertips and licks it gently and the captions I don't know how to add would say "it's an electric biome"

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Hatched a mantine and a skarmory. Wish I could even care but they don't evolve and these CP arcs are suggesting they top out around 1800 so...

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Is shuckle a joke? What is a dunsparce for?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Has anyone seen tiny golbats that are not clickable? Just ridiculously tiny golbats you could step on and you cannot interact with them, but the "i'm here" circles pulse out from them like they're trying to get your attention.
I've seen two, once on two phones at once so I know it's not just my problem.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Olothreutes posted:

Is Politoed actually worth anything beyond a dex entry? Or slowking for that matter?

This one I got tops out at 2k. I don't think it is gonna be useful for much.

e: I like that none of the Gen 2 things have the right graphics here
http://www.pogomoves.com/rankings/gym-defense.php

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 21, 2017

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Scizor is so incredibly good at killing trees.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Dr Tran posted:

Not sure which Scyther I want to evolve:
L31 89% - Fury Cutter / X-Scissor
L20 91% - Fury Cutter / X-Scissor
L10 98% - Fury Cutter / Bug Buzz

The big one will become a level 2000 tree murderer today. You're not going to put it in a gym so who cares about it's max possible CP.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I discovered a fun glitch. If you go to the buddy screen, and click the pokemon, and while its animating click the candy progress bar to go into the unit upgrade/evolve screen, when you go back to the buddy screen their face is stuck like that.
I made my larvitar have very intense eyes and also walk around like a mouth breather.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Three yellow boys I seen around, but not seen in person, for six months suddenly all have kangaskhans and mr. mimes and dang so you all cheating now huh. I wonder if they even exist. When I would take the library, and then lose it five minutes later, and oh man it was toukale and his boys timdam and dedrickD I just missed them. the thought of a van of rowdy pokemon players going around and stealing my poo poo made a fun mental image but I guess they just exist in the cloud and steal whatever whenever. I'm bummed out my rivals are fake.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

What is the event? All water types?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I walked this eevee for 10k, I got two candies out of it, I wait until night to evolve and... my eightieth vaporeon. What the heck? If all these clickbait adsense google results for how to do it are lying to me, is there any way to actually get an umbreon besides the naming trick?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

No, I started walking a different Eeevee to wait for night time.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Wonder eevee's don't grow on trees! I fed it all my dust, too. This sucks.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Sanford posted:

Just battled a full gym down to zero with two friends. Great fun, other than HP and special move charge jumping all over the place. Really liking the update so far, hoping the performance is sorted out over the next few days.

When I did this, whoever gets in first is the only person allowed in for at least eight minutes. Everyone else gets a "this gym is under attack, you're not allowed to help" message. They made raiding dumb and untenable.

It's made gyms always full strength. Whether it's one blissey in there or a full team it's the same number of fights to clear it out. And then only one person can benefit from the group effort for maybe an hour? Does prestiging even exist anymore?

Like, none of this is worth the effort, but people don't know that yet, and nothing looks insurmountable, so nothing can last. None of my gyms survived the night. I got six coins. I spent like 200g in max potions and revives to get in those gyms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Just raided a Starbucks that is geographically misplaced to a car dealership. Got a wonder wheezing. Yay?

• Locked thread