Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I live in the middle of nowhere, and for the first time ever, I'm pulling in Pokémon without effort whatsoever. I've caught 11 new mons in 30 minutes just by walking around in my backyard and a few more by walking a few yards down the street. Finally the game is playable without driving into town (at least for the moment).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, you have to go 7 days straight to get the streak bonus.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

It's on the App Store for me.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I had an issue with the watch app workout timing out after a few seconds, but that's been about two months ago and it's worked fine ever since, although it does time out and end the workout if I'm not moving for longer than around a minute.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

That actually could be the issue. My complaint is it times out, and I'm setting it to just run while in walking around work. Which means I have some downtime.

Yeah, I don't think it works like that. Every time I've stopped moving for any given time, the app eventually times out. I assume this is the intended behavior, since it's happened every time I've used it. Sometimes it just pauses it, but most of the time it just stops the workout and acts like it was never started to begin with (though it seems that the main app still registers the distance walked while the workout was running).

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I'd seriously like to hear how someone with a no scanner policy got their Dex past, say, 200 entries without also getting word of mouth on best spots to go to (word of mouth likely derived from scanners)

I'm at 199/207 without the use of any scanner or word of mouth (I know of maybe 3 people IRL that play this game). I just walk a lot, and also travel for work every few months or so.

E: I also live in the middle of nowhere and besides one stop at a church a mile down the road, I have to drive at least 20 minutes to get to anywhere that has gyms, stops, or regularly spawning Pokémon.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 21, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Just caught a Sneasel in my front yard. Are those rare? Cause that's my 209th dex entry (with no "cheating" of any kind) but I've never seen one before (I'm also 38 and have never played another Pokémon game until this one but have heard that name before).

E: I also caught a Tyrogue in my front yard before work. Is it rare too?

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 14, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

When is the 1 year anniversary? Maybe then

I believe it came out right after the 4th of July. I started playing on the 7th, but I think it had been out a few days before that.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Been holding down a gym for almost 17 hours now. This was previously a gym that was always held by Mystic, but as soon as the new gyms launched, myself and 5 other Instinct players got in quick, and whoever the other players are have been doing a good job of keeping our mons berried up, so hopefully we can hold onto it longer. Due to almost nobody around here being on team Instinct, I've never been able to stay in a gym longer than a few hours before this, so I'm pretty happy with the new gym system. I also think the new gym badges are a good addition and something else nice to collect.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Boywunda posted:

People are saying that when motivation drops to zero, it still needs to be defeated by an enemy team for it to be returned home....

This appears to be true, as when I got to work today (near where the gym is) all of the mons were still there, but their hearts were all empty. I filled up the motivation for mine and one other until I ran out of berries, and about an hour later, other players had filled the rest of the hearts up. Im just surprised nobody took the gym overnight while all of the pokemon were weak.

E: and as I typed this, the gym was defeated and my pokemon came back. Got the defend gym for 10 hours badge and 17 coins on my first go. Nice.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 23, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Just finished a raid. The raid boss was a loving 1076 CP Magikarp. The one it gave me in return was only a 87 CP.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

effervescible posted:

I'll give you that people can often be quick with the hyperbole, but it's not exactly hauling out torches and pitchforks when people observe that the latest stuff is underwhelming. When more stuff comes out and is cool, I'm sure people will say so.

Boxes aside, I'm just bummed that the two Pikachu I caught today are missing the hat. Fashion is really the most important thing here.

Hell, at a this point, I would be happy with a hatless Pikachu. All of my Pikachus and all but one Raiku have santa or party hats, and I haven't seen a single Pikachu since the party hat event ended.

lady flash posted:

I think it might be everyone, I can't get in now either

You mean even Gmail logins? Because I'm not having any trouble playing.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I caught a ditto yesterday after a few months of never seeing them.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Ballz posted:

Oh that's... lame.

I’d rather get 50 coins than nothing, which is pretty much what I got before the gym revision.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Just caught a shiny Duskull (which is actually more maroon than that yellow color but it's got all the stars and poo poo in the background). I assume the shiny carries over or effects the evolution like with Magikarps? I've never caught a shiny before.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Shiny dusclops is pretty cool I guess. Too bad the duskull didn’t have better IVs tho cause despite the shiny, the dusclops is pretty unremarkable.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I'm still getting plenty of potions from stops, so much that I end up trashing half of them to free up space.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Das Doppelganger posted:

That's how I was when people said they were seeing a decline and now I'm seeing more people talking about it. I have gotten ONE potion from a stop in the last week and scattered few from gyms. There is definitely a change.

From 5-6 stops today I received 4 regular potions, 4 super potions, and 2 hyper potions. This is pretty consistent with what I’m used to. Yesterday I hit my 7 day pokestop and definitely received more potions than balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Just tried to throw some berries at a gym, and realized I haven’t received a berry since my 7 day stop yesterday. So the stops gave me plenty of potions along with the random pokeballs, but not one berry from several stops.

• Locked thread