Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Did I luck out on my first Blissey evolution with those moves?

Also, my 100% IV Sakura

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

eonwe posted:

alright I stopped playing for a while and every gym has strong as gently caress pokemon

am I basically supposed to grind my trainer level up to get a higher pokemon max like before or how does this work

You were supposed to never stop playing to be on par with the Level 35 players now that have a full roster of 3000+CP Dragonites for every gym they encounter.

I would actually love it if gyms were locked for certain player levels. I feel like a 5-15, 15-30, 30+ tiers would do so much to bring back the casual player back into the game. Let them give out a 1/2/3 coin bonus respectively.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DizzyBum posted:

On a different note, I just caught a wild Pidgeot, so I was able to confirm that candy drops based on evolution stage are 3/5/10. :cool

Does that mean the Double Candy berry will get 20 candies on a Dragonite? Potentially giving 40 candies during a double candy event? I guess that could even the playing field

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cowslips Warren posted:

Is it seriously possible to have a fully evolved Larvitar without spoofing?

I've caught like a 2900CP Dragonite before, so sure.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

seiferguy posted:

By the way, is the trick to log in to 2 devices to evolve still working? I got 100 pokemon ready to evolve, and I know 1 lucky egg won't be enough for 1 device.

The trick is to just get enough coins that it doesn't matter. Seriously, I am drowning in coins because there is nothing for me to buy in the shop. I have gyms I dropped Pokemon off in over Christmas in rural areas still collecting defender bonuses. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the stardust bonus as well

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Been playing since gen 2 release, still only one evo item

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I logged in for the first time in about 2 months. The spoofers still are controlling my entire town, some of them up to Level 39 now. I wonder how many thousands of coins they must have by now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The day trading comes out I'll just give all my top tier Pokemon away to some kid, if I ever see them actually playing this game in public anymore. Whole game is filled with spoofers these days.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hope they do some legendary/rare pokemon giveaway at the event in Chicago, but do something to piss off all the spoofers like give people redeemable one time codes that give them the Pokemon.

The spoofers in this game destroyed my interest in playing. I haven't touched it in about 3 months now. The announcement of a new gym system has me intrigued, but I just can't think of anything that will keep the spoofers away.

I recently logged on and it's the same 8 people taking over every gym in my town and the nearby town, most of them at level 38/39 How are these assholes still playing the game? Aren't they just bored with the gyms and have built up thousands of coins to buy absolutely nothing with? I don't get it...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This new gym stuff seems horrible for people playing the game honestly.

So instead of spoofers needing to go through the process of battling their own gym to train it back up again, they can just spoof around the city and give their Pokemon loving berries?

It sounds like a Raid Boss may kick all their Pokemon out of the gyms, but it honestly seems easier to keep their Pokemon in gyms.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

seiferguy posted:

The spoofer problem will have to be a local thing. Since you can find berries to whatever pokemon are in gyms, if you know who's a spoofer, you can feed everyone else's pokemon and ignore the spoofer's. That doesn't stop the spoofer from coming back and feeding it themselves, though.

And that's the problem. They can still easily spoof around to all their gyms and top off their Pokemon's motivation with berries.

I wish there was some sort of cap to how many gyms a trainer can be in at any given time. Some of these spoofers around me are in EVERY SINGLE GYM even though they have way more than 10 and are maxing out their coins.

It will take a bit for the spoofers to diversify their Pokemon for the new gyms, but they have plenty of high level stuff for Raids.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SuperKlaus posted:

This all sounds actually really cool even though I'll miss my lazy moneymaking country gym empire and I hope the update comes with a ban wave of Biblical proportions.
I don't understand why they can't do some rule where if someone accesses multiple gyms that are X miles apart with an unreasonably short amount of time between them that they just ban the player.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

voodoorootbeer posted:

Isn't that actually a better coin per mon per hour ratio than before?

Well it depends on how you look at it.

Before, I could go around to several gyms all in a row and immediately cash out. I could easily hit 3 gyms on my walk home from work and get 30 coins. If they got kicked out within 10 minutes, I still got 30 coins.

Now... I could do all that work and effectively get zero coins.

gently caress off Niantic. This new system totally favors the spoofers that can just keep going around and adding berries to up their Pokemon's motivation with zero effort.

So if the limit is 20 Pokemon in gyms, and 1 cent per hour, you can make the same 100 coins by having 20 Pokemon defend 20 gyms for 5 hours. Or 10 Pokemon for 10 hours, or 5 Pokemon for 20 hours.... Yeah, it seems easier, but not when you have spoofers that are going to just go around booting everything out instantly.

I would have rather them given more coins per hour, but limited it to something like 5 gyms per user. But whatever, I am not going to bother with this game anymore

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Hold on a sec... so you are limited to 100 coins per day, but only when the Pokemon is kicked out of a gym?

So in theory, you could have 20 Pokemon in 20 gyms for, say... 3 days. So if someone decides to just take down all your gyms at once on the same day you would only get 100 coins after the 3 days for all that work. But if someone took down 10 gyms after 1 day you would get 100 coins, 5 more gyms after 2 days you would get 100 coins, and 5 more gyms after 3 days you would get another 100 coins. So 300 coins total?

So the sweet spot for least work/most reward is 5 Pokemon in 5 Gyms that get kicked out after 20 hours?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Julio Cruz posted:

50 a day should also mean fewer people will end up holding their full allocation of gyms because it won't make them any more coins.

Some spoofers held 25+ gyms around me under the old system. Who knows why...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did my first level4 raid against a Snorlax. Tried it on my own and failed. Then 7 more people showed up. After 40 minutes of waiting we battled and won. Got a TM thing, caught the Snorlax. L

With 8 of us we beat it with 40 seconds left.

Raids are cool. I am surprised that so many people showed up.

Some people had two phones and were using two accounts to fight it though... one guy with two accounts was a level 40.

I find the raid way more fun than a gym fight ever has been. Wonder how long it will stay like this.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GTJustin posted:

Do you remember what kind of throw/berry combo you did? Just wondering if all Tier 4 pokemon are tough to catch or if it's just the starter pokemons I had to deal with (Blastoise/Venasaur jumping around, wasted a bunch of golden razz and all my premiere balls)

I used the normal berry and a non spin throw.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
8 people showed up for a Level 4 Snorlax raid yesterday. Today nobody showed up for a Level 4 Charizard raid at the same park.

This is the flaw of the whole system.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is the benefit of a spoofer giving their own Pokémon berries? In theory, can't you reach your cap of 50 coins in half an hour if you have enough gyms? There is no point to keep them in the gyms anymore

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did a Level 2 Raid on my own today. Got some rare candies for my trouble I guess... but surprised I was able to do it on my own.

I also spun a gym yesterday to get my Raid pass, used it today, and then got another Raid pass again to use today. So at least you can get two free raids in a day, technically

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just realized giving Pokémon berries at friendly gyms can give you the candy of that Pokémon.

New system owns.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

AirRaid posted:

Yeah it's a pretty rare drop.

Huh? I just unloaded a bunch of berries on an entire friendly gym and for sure got 2 Dratini candies and 1 snorlax candy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

mastershakeman posted:

how the gently caress is the gym under attack bug not fixed. I shaved a spot open at 714 am, when my train left at 722 I still couldn't get in.

Maybe you shouldn't be gym shaving

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

mastershakeman posted:

it helps your own team now when it's early in the morning and the pokes are clearly all the way demotivated over time

I'm actually serious

That's what berries are for.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Gmail wasn't down though....

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sprite Based posted:

Same. I was certain we'd get double stardust or something to make up for the fact that you don't get it from gyms anymore, but the slow trickle of dust is making it really tough for me to enjoy the game.

Don't you get it for feeding Pokémon berries?

But no, I guess you don't get 1000 stardust a day for doing jack poo poo anymore

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

financially racist posted:

nah man look, people who paid hundreds if not thousands on plane tickets and likely hundreds in event tickets due to scalpers have no right to be mad. we must grovel at the feet of our corporate overlords no matter the scenario, getting mad at them just hurts their poor millionaire feelings and we don't want to make them feel bad.

Oh god, are the scalpers the one that get their money back on the ticket refunds too, not the people that bought the tickets from them?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

mastershakeman posted:

why the gently caress did legendary raids start after everyone went home

I'd imagine there would be a full on riot if there was a legendary raid and only 5% of the people were there could actually do it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Sent to a local Articuno raid. Had 8 people. Made good progress and then my App crashed. Then it started back up and I couldn't fight the thing. I would bring Pokémon to battle but they wouldn't take or give damage.

8 of us were on track to beating it, then we lost after people's apps crashed. Then the timer ran out because we waited until more people showed up because 5 wasn't enough.

What a bunch of bullshit.

So now I have to pay money to attempt more raids today. gently caress that poo poo.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Apparently Chicago's Grant Park where the Fest was yesterday is filled with legendary raids, and people are saying there is a 100% catch rate. Spoofers are flocking to the area and you can instantly get in a group of 20 no problem.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The site of Go Fest in Chicago is not surrounded by legendary raids like it was the past two days.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Julio Cruz posted:

Everyone in this thread is talking about having done 5-10 raids inside 48 hours so clearly lack of raid passes is not the game-breaking issue you think it is.

If you're getting pissed that an F2P game is encouraging people to spend in-game currency then I'd suggest maybe putting down the phone and taking some deep, calming breaths.

I'm amused that the response to legendaries is a mix of "Legendaries should be rare, they shouldn't just be giving them away" to "I'm 0 for 20 in legendary rates, this is a money grab to get me to spend money to catch this rare pokemon!"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Montegoraon posted:

My town (pop. ~65,000) has a facebook group chat dedicated to organizing raids. It's kind of ridiculously good. People post whenever they see a raid at a good place with plenty of time left, and within half an hour or so a whole swarm of players descend upon it. It's great. And it's the kind of thing we need to make these raids work.

It's almost like this game needs a way ti communicate with players within the game.

Even the whole Go Fest debacle thing... did they ever really tell people how it works in the game? I got a push notification saying that Go Fest was live and it took me to a Twitch page that was down. That's it. No notification about goal or even that legendaries were released. This game requires so much research outside of the game to know what the hell is going on.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

~Coxy posted:

Why would spoofers spend real money when they can trivially get the daily limit from coins ever day and hatch as many eggs as they like without incubators?

Why have 1 mythical bird when you can have 50 of them?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
1 for 1 on the fire bird. Took a golden raspberry excellent curve throw to do it. drat... one more of these legendaries to go and I can put the game away until the next big event

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This poo poo is almost comical. I have had the app crash 5 times when doing a raid.

1 time when joining the battle.
1 time when selecting my Pokemon
2 times in the battle
1 time right before the bonus catch opportunity.

Needless to say... I did not catch the Zapdos because I only had 6 attempts since I did no damage to the thing.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 8, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just can't catch this loving Zapdos, I am 0/4 right now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Finally caught that stupid lightning bird.

I am complete released regional Gen 1 now. I can go back to not playing until the next big event I guess.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

financially racist posted:

caught my 3rd pinap berry'd lugia :laffo:

you didn't savage season it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fitzy Fitz posted:

:shrug:

I mean I'm obviously just speaking for myself here, but I think it makes them boring--like they're just another check mark in everyone's dex rather than something that's actually, idk, legendary.

But currently you will have had to completed a Raid at a specific location, hope that Mewtwo shows up at that location, and hope that enough other people also completed raids there that also show up during the HUGE 12(?) hour window that it's available. It's already problematic to show up, defeat the raid as a big group, only for another group to show up after you finish. Then hope you have enough people to defeat Mewtwo, and then hope that you can land that perfect throw to catch the drat thing.

I don't know... that sounds like a process that is going to take a few tries as it is. And encourage people to go back to soloing Level 1 and 2 raids at gyms to open up the possibility of Mewtwo later on. But gently caress Niantic, at least give us a couple weeks to build up those defeated gyms for Raids. This just feels like another cashgrab to get people to buy Raid passes for Level 1 and 2 raids so that they can participate in a Mewtwo raid.

• Locked thread