Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Might wanna throw the Silph Road Atlas - https://thesilphroad.com/atlas - into the helpful links too.

Also, you say there are 251 pokemon available, p sure that's a typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Furret is my new favourite thing.

LOOKIT HIS LITTLE FACE :3:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

apparently all nests have gen 2 in them now

This is false, the park near me is a Mankey nest at the moment.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Also,

Did they really change the baby egg distances so soon? No 10k babies any more? Pichu is back down to 2k, as well.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

lol what you did isn't the same. You had been poached, the previous poster was just loving over his team mates who had put more effort into getting in the gym than he did. What duckman did is more like what the person who stole your spot did.

Honestly I would be okay with someone knocking off the bottom spot of the gym and replacing it with something better if it's some dumb super weak 500cp thing. The whole gym suffers with that crap in there. Easier to attack and harder to prestige.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

After the valentine event when gen2 launched they re-adjusted egg pools to distribute gen2s and they changed the baby pools too. No babies come from 10ks now.

I picked up 2 10ks the day before gen2 and both were smoochums.

Still looking for igglybuff.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Evolved a typhlosion. The final form of the gen 2 fire type starter.

Why the gently caress does it have shadow claw/solar beam?!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I caught 2 dunsparce randomly near my work the other morning. Practically right next to each other. Never seen another anywhere.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Found a random 35cp Mareep on my way to work this evening.

And a Gligar in the same area, my first ever. Now I see a second gligar nearby but I'm unable to go get it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

200 up! :dance:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Bellossom is disappointingly weak. Haven't seen more than one sunkern so I dunno about sunflora yet.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I had just finished reading this thread when a 10K egg started to hatch.

First ever Larvitar i've seen, with 22 candies. :getin:

My GF reports seeing one on the nearby near our house which is promising. I got this egg in the center of town though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Vegastar posted:

It's a win-win for me, because it's a goal beyond aimless wandering.

Entirely this. It scratches a collection-game itch, and it gives me a direction to walk in.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Math You posted:

Ur all dumb just put the highest CP Pokemon you have in a gym. The moves literally mean nothing unless you are attacking. Do you think someone's going to get rebuffed in their attack cause your nerd Snorlax used body slam instead of earthquake? No loving way.

Willsun posted:

Watch out we got a badass here

You say that but I agree. A defending pokemon's moveset isn't really going to change my approach, just that maybe my attacker will lose 75% of its HP instead of 50%. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it and that defender is still gonna go down.

I've gotten used to picking up on cues for charge attacks, so I dodge the vast majority of them anyway.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

pile of brown posted:

I got 1 up-grade on literally my first spin after johto update, nothing since. Haven't seen a lot of the cooler gen2 poke yet either but I tend to traverse the same area a lot since I work 7 days a week for 12+ hours a day (chef life is bad for pokemon hunting. I know how to cook a farfetch'd if I find one though!).

Does it involve the Spring Onion, or is that just garnish?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

loving Ouch.

I've also had 4, but at least I've only had the one dupe, an extra Dragon Scale.

Is it likely that more pokes will use the same items further down the road? Right now Dragon Scale is only used for Kingdra, but will it be used for a different evolution later? I know there's a couple of items used for multiple evos already.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

I'm getting a bit sick of this bug where a defender fires a charge move at me at my low health, I dodge, but the game decides to pretend I got hit, displays my poke fainting and being replaced, and then realizes I dodged, withdraws the new guy and puts the actually-still-fine poke back but now he's invisible and I can't see anything to dodge and I don't know my actual health and sometimes I don't appear to be delivering half my attacks and freaking chaos reigns until I actually die.

Am I the only one to suffer this? Have a Droid Ultra a few years old.

iPhone 6S, happens to me a lot too.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Willsun posted:

I'm almost suspecting that using the name trick to get an Espeon results in a guaranteed Zen Headbutt/Psychic moveset but maybe the few cases and I just got them by coincidence? Seems like none of us got Confusion or Futuresight and I wonder if maybe that's our punishment for using the name trick instead of walking it as part of "Niantic's vision."

Zen Headbutt/Psybeam with the name trick.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Any good trackers left for iOS? My favorite PokeTracker got shut down a few weeks ago and I feel empty inside.

Yeah I've been sorry to see poketracker go. :(

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

fbsw posted:

I had a dream I was a Scyther trying to rescue somebody in a horror mansion. I was working with a giant werewolf and some humans and other video game personnel. I had to fight Nemesis and Mike Tyson at the same time, a swarm of giant cockroaches, and lots of other really weird poo poo happened.

I'm not sure we needed to know that, but thanks for sharing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Hey look they figured out how likely each pokemon is to hatch from an egg. https://thesilphroad.com/science/secret-egg-rarity-tiers-pokemon-go

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I have hatched 3 skarmory in the last couple of weeks. They can fuckoff with their "ultra-rare" bullshit.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Just got an Up-Grade from my 4 day streak pokestop :toot:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

It's worth reiterating that there is a free magikarp hat for your avatar and it is the best thing ever.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

Pretty much anything with ice moves can take out Dragonite. Best to worst is something like Lapras > Cloyster > Dewgong > Piloswine > Jynx.

Lapras > Cloyster > Dewgong > Piloswine > Jynx >>> Sneasel

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

yeah, and the more gens released the lower your odds of getting the ones you need for Dex. I honestly have no idea how I'm supposed to get the 10km babies

No babies come from 10ks any more. They got redistributed to 2s and 5s.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I have a conundrum. Just finished walking my chansey since I didn't get enough in the valentines event. I have 50 candy now. It my best (and only) chansey is 579 cp. this will evolve into a ~1200 cp blissey, which... eh.

Do I evolve this one now for the Dex entry, or wait for a worthwhile chansey to evolve? I basically never see chansey in my area. I've seen 4 ever and 3 of those were in the event.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

I need a ruling:

Is it pronounced Pine-app or Pin-app?

If you just go by basic grammar rules, it has a single consonant after the vowel so it's a hard vowel sound. Pine-app.

Pin-app would be spelt Pinnap.

It strikes me that I've been saying "peenap", as in Pina Colada though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Are scyther still 10k eggs? The local park just switched to Scyther (finally enough candy for a scizor, fuckers were rare here. Just need another metal coat now), and immediately picked up a 10k egg there too. Trying not to get my hopes up for it cos it'll probably be trash.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Only way to fill your dex for Phanpy, Tyrogue, etc.

I found enough Phanpy to evolve a Donphan in a single day a couple weeks after G2 came out.

I am predicting my 10k egg to be Skarmory.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Psion posted:

Please, we both know it's going to be a Pineco.

Never had a Pineco yet, so hope so! Don't seem to get them here, what type are they?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

AirRaid posted:

I am predicting my 10k egg to be Skarmory.

:woop:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

That's better than the zero a lot of people get. The vast majority of people don't get to do anything in a gym. Especially if they picked the unpopular team in their area.

https://pokemongohub.net/easter-event-leak-week-double-xp-better-egg-hatches/

So this may or may not be a thing. Double XP for the next 7 days ish maybe, and more common drops for "ultra rare" egg hatches.

This the week after I hatch a Miltank randomly.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

~Coxy posted:

Or each gym can only have 1 of each species defending it?

This would suck because the first few people to get to the gym would be alowed to put the high CP stuff in, Dragonite, Gyarados, Rhydon, etc, and then everyone else is basically forced to put lower CP things in because there are only that handful of stuff that can approach 3000cp.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Parrotine posted:

Hell yeah I finally got my Blissey

I had to walk 125 miles for the candies, and it only knows pound/psychic, but I don't care, I have a Blissey.

Let the bodies hit the floor :black101:

I had to walk a similar distance for my Chansey candies. I still have them because I don't want to evolve the dumb 400cp one I have. Waiting for a better Chansey now.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I hatched a Tyrogue from a 2K! :dance:

How does the split evolution work? I seem to recall it's stat based but i can't remember

E: just looked it up and it seems this one will evolve into Hitmonlee. Fucker. I still need a hitmontop :(

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 17, 2017

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I had 2 Muks (one evolved, one caught wild) before this event ever started. :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

TIL Goons still haven't come to terms with the fact the different pokemon are common/rare in different places.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Datasmurf posted:

Loads of 30-somethings too.

:shobon:

In other news I've hatched like 3 igglybuffs this event now.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Hatched my single 10K that I got during the event today.

Chansey with HP and Def at 15. :hellyeah:

Gonna take some powering up but it'll be a hell of a Blissey. (evolved with Pound/Dazzling Gleam but who cares?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

What's the attack IV? That's the stat that contributes the most to overall CP.

Just ran it through an IV Calc and it appears to be 14/15/15, 97.8% :c00lbert:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 28, 2017

• Locked thread