Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Blissey is gonna be a bitch. At least 1 of my 2 has hyperbeam. Would a Rhydon with fighting moves do better than a basic fighter?

drat, guess I should have waited on my Dragonite! But Dragon Breath/Claw isn't too bad, is it?

Is Larvitar the new Dratini?

Do you need to keep a male and female of each new species for future breeding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Olothreutes posted:

Porygon2 needs the Upgrade item. Steelix and Scizor need metal coat. Slowking and Politoed need a king's stone. Kingdra needs a dragon scale. Bellossom and Sunflora need a sun stone.

What evolved to sunflora?

And loving instinct has hit all my gyms with 3-4 blissey towers. My revenge is to kick out all the lower Mon and leave the bitches so instinct had a loving hard time putting anyone back in.

Seriously what takes down a blissey? I always time out!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fish Of Doom posted:

So Blissey is apparently pretty broken. All of the gyms around me are level one with nothing but a giant blissey on them. It's impossible to widdle down its HP before the time runs out, so it's impossible to take them down if they're opposing or level up prestige if they're friendly. Cool.

Seems the only way is to gangbang the gym
Has anyone not timed out when battling alone?

Caught a tree dude. I renamed him Groot.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Tyranitaur just spawned downtown. gently caress.

Vapeorean would have been great against that beast, but the water moves are so loving slow now!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is it seriously possible to have a fully evolved Larvitar without spoofing?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Box wine posted:

With lucky 10ks ya I'd say it is. I'm like 30/100 to getting my Tyranitar. Though it's more likely spoofing in all honesty.

I think it's a spoofer. Same dude has 2900plus dragonites and had a togetic in a gym two days after babies came out.

How good is rhydon with fighting moves against this beast?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I wish we could kick out some of the 5k gen 1 hatches. gently caress you, Paras, Ponyta, Ekans, loving Sandshrew!

9 eggs, all hatched poo poo gen1 mon. Not even a single baby. I have another 9 cooking now. At least give me a loving Magby with all the goddamn 5ks!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

OldMemes posted:

I've still got to get 15 candies for my Vulpix, since they onl;y seem to spawn in one spot very rarely in my town for some reason.

I wish we had trading. I'd give you 2 of my Ninetails.

I wish the eggs were different color for the gens. Would make it more exciting.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LumpyGumby posted:

Is anyone else getting a lot of repeats with eggs? I just hatched my fifth sandshrew in six eggs, plus my third Dratini in three.

I just want a Houndour.

Those bitches are everywhere in Phoenix. I've seen 4 wild houndooms around.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I hatched a Larvitar today NEW WALKING BUDDY. Only 500km to go!

I hit up a Scyther nest this morning; before sunrise, every loving bug literally sat there. I could use red balls or great balls. After the game sunrise, not even berries and yellow balls held the fuckers. Was that normal?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

I think it's the new Pinsir. I've hatched four and I'm over them.

Wouldn't that be Sudowoodo? I've caught like 4 of those fuckers just walking around.

So what is the g2 version of Snorlax or Aerodactyl or Lapras that comes from a 10k?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Caught my first Totodile yesterday. Why are all the starters such cunts?

Also first sheep, second Larvitar, and the purple bat dude Gilgar. I picked up the giraffe this weekend and was disappointed that it doesn't evolve. I thought the electric giraffe came from this one, not the drat sheep. Never seen a wild sheep before.

Anyone else hoarding candies? I am near an Oddish nest and trying to get 1000 candies. At 1000 for Eeevee too, was happy until I realized you have to walk Eeevee for 10km then evolve at a certain time to get another Espeon.

Also, to the rear end in a top hat kid at the park yesterday, I spent a good 20 minutes powering up that Valor gym, took a break for the bathroom, and you came over, hit the last 600 points needed, and put in a loving Blissey at the bottom. Way to go, idiot! Blissey goes at the top of gyms, and we were at level 8 before you pulled that poo poo stunt.

I did get a king crown. Better for Slowking or the alt Poliwrath toad?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So has any goon here ponied up and bought membership somewhere where there are usually good nests? Somewhere you might go but don't because of distance or just a lack of interest? Me, I am debating about a membership to a pretty good zoo (not the one I used to work at). You can get a flex-pass, so I could take anyone I want with me, for a year. The nests are usually pretty good. And one of those 'use it twice it pays for itself' deals. If I had the membership I'd go more....that said summer is coming and within a few weeks it will be unbearable to be outside.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bit the bullet, joined the zoo. Caught almost 50 horsea in four hours. Hatched my first tyrouge. 10ks were aero dactyl, pinecone, dratini, and loving larvitar! gently caress yes.

Also hatched my first Magby. Last baby needed!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
and here I was all thinking Tyranitar was a beast. Maybe compared to Dragonite? But a Vaporean pretty much kills him.

I still want a Tyranitar, Pokemon gods!

I used my Bite/Fire move Arcanine to kill psychic fuckers. Is there a better mon?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress do you use to best a Dragonite with steel wing?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

Anyone else finding Espeon a bitch to prestige against? I've been using Murkrow and Sneazel and it hits like a loving truck (also doesn't help that it seems to lag at the start of a fight more than others, but that might just be my lovely phone). Never even seen a Larvitar or Houndour round here either.

I have a 2400+ Arcanine with Bite and Fireblast, and even a 2100 Espeon can gently caress me up. No idea why it's so loving strong.

Is there any need to collect mass candies for Dunsparce for later generations? There's a nest near me but I have a few of those fuckers already.

Also, 2 metal coat upgrades. Make 2 Scizors, or 1, and 1 Steelix?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hatched my first Phampy!

Wait, you can't hatch gen 2 starters? Why the gently caress not! That seems pretty stupid, especially with loving Ekans and Paras in eggs still.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Xatu is an underrated, and imo, a very cool mon.

Explain?

I thought Omanyte came from 5ks now?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No drunk Irish day event then?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
drat. Was saving my lucky egg and about 50 mon to evolve for 2x xp. But since I didn't want to buy more space, evolution spree! I got two Alazakams with loving charge fighting moves, a Starmie with a ghost move, another Starmie with a DRAGON move, a Gyarados with two dragon moves, and after using nearly all my bear candy, got a single Ursaring with Hyperbeam. One Ninetails with a dark move, then Solar Beam. And four more Solar Beam Exeggcutors (they have two grass moves).

Had to use two lucky eggs to evolve almost everyone.

Out of my five Charizards, only ONE has two fire moves. Another has fire/dragon. The other three have flying/dragon.

Does Vileplume ever get SolarBeam? Is there a list of the new mon who can get it?

Now am done evolving for a while, until I build up about 30 more Pidgeys. I always feel a bit sad after a spree, after looking over all the new mon and the movesets and realizing, gently caress, I had about 200,000 dust and now I have maybe 5000 after powering up my new beasts.

I got stupid lucky and was able to special evolve 2 Scisors, 1 Steelix (mine has iron tail and crunch), 1 Bellossom, 1 Sunflora, and 1 Slowking.

Halfway to a second Dragonite and about 20 candies from my Tyranitar.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yes, the starmies have hidden power.

None of my clefables have fairy moves. 😒

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Stupid me. I evolved two karp last year when I was under 25. Now at 33, I evolved a 165cp karp to...a 2627 Gyarados. How the gently caress did it jump that much?

I have over 1000 Eevee candies. Maybe I should do another evolve spree and knock out some of the dogs, see if I get any new good movesets.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

10km is a bit misleading, it really should be two candies because similar to gettigg pikachu on your shoulder the distance only gets banked when the candy triggers. So if you walk 5.8km, swap to something else, then swap back you need to walk 5km instead of 4.2 more because 0.8km of the previous walking didn't count.

Also be sure to evolve from the buddy screen.

How? I don't see the evolution button for my eevee on the buddy screen.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So does shiny mean a possibility for red Gyarados?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

It's a decent gym attacker, especially as it has type advantage over Blissey and Snorlax.

Maybe, but a psychic move will level your four-armed hero in no time flat.

I am loving stoked for this event!

So if my karp are not shiny, they won't evolve to a red Gyarados, right? Does the karp have to be yellow to turn red?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

FrensaGeran posted:

Are they shiny on the overworld map or just in the catch screen?

From what I've seen, just the catch. And a shiny for you doesn't mean shiny for others.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Mass hatch spree. My 5ks were all garbage Paras and Nidorina and one Tyrogue.

Three 10k. 1 Pineco.

I prayed to the Pokegods. Please, one Dratini or one Larvitar. JUST ONE of either! Then I can get my second Dragonite or my first Tyranitar!

......they both hatched. Larvitar.

172 candies.

Let's loving do this!

Today I caught two Mantines. Man I wish they could get ground moves, because as is they are useless!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

My 110km buddy and lots of lucky hatches.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I caught three Mantines today. Are they actually useful at all?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I hit the motherfucking payload of eggs since Valentine's. So many Dratini and Larvitar, and tonight my last three 10ks were a Mantine, Skarmory....and the last Dratini I needed to evolve. Around Valentines I was so pissed, Pinsir after Pinsir with double candy, I was at 80 candy for my Dragonaire and walking nonstop, and finally got my Dratini with 40 candy right near the end of the event.

I have two Dragonite and one Tyranitar. I am kinda in shock.

And also feel like the spoiled kid at the birthday party who got the best remote drone ever, but complained because it was red and he wanted blue; my Dragonite has Dragon Tail and Outrage, and I was hoping for Steel Wing to use against ice/fairy attackers. But I know poo poo all about movesets, so maybe it's still good? All I know is when I am attacking a Dragonite in a gym and it has Steel Wing/Hyperbeam, my attackers bite the loving dust hard.

Left to evolve now. Phanpy, Togepi.....and 100 Mareep candy to get the giraffe-looking electric sheep. Oh, and 100 more Chikorita and Hoppip candy!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks goons! Its hard to keep up with all the moves.

Now to power up some dragons!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Any news about an Easter event?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Nests change! And the zoo is Spinarak, the town lake is Meowth, the community college the same. Two close parks to me are loving Geodude and Qwilfish (this park was Qwilfish three rotations ago).

It's like Niantic just got bored of making money. People look forward to nest changes and going to new parks, but when 4 out of the 6 closest to you are loving Shuckle or Snubbell, why bother?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

Yes, I'm sure they're tired of making money, that's why the RNG giving you bad nests (for you personally) in one rotation is the death knell of this game

or it's not, at all

It's been since January since the Qwilfish park has had anything but commons, or repeats of the same. It can't be randomized, how they switch the spawns with such Vegas odds. Several other nests around the city are all the same as they were two rotations ago.

Meanwhile there hasn't been a single Charmander nest since before January.

I don't expect loving Dratini nests, but it would be nice to actually have different nests show up so the same park doesn't go Geodude/Sandshrew/Venonat/Geodude/Sandshrew...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sprite Based posted:

Nope, Scythers are now a 5k hatch. 5k eggs, however, are basically useful only for stardust and candy for mass evolving for experience. Outside of maybe Rhyhorn, nothing really worthwhile hatches from 5ks.

Only way to fill your dex for Phanpy, Tyrogue, etc.

What is the best moveset for Ursaring? I have 6 with various Play Roughs and 1 with Hyperbeam, not sure if I should try to evolve another or just pump up the last.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Robokomodo posted:

So you've never had a magikarp transform into a ditto?

You shut your mouth. Bitchfish is a bullet. Every bullet gets you closer to a machine gun Gyarados.

Hit two decent parks this weekend and can make a second Victrebell and 2 of the fully evolved Chikoritas. But until the weekend I am stuck with normal parks close to me, and let's see....Geodude, Meowth, and Qwilfish. Worthless. The only decent one is Shellder, about a half mile from my house, but it spawns maybe 1-2 an hour.

I wish less golf courses were nests. It always sucks to see a nest you need, then realize it's a golf course. None of the ones around here want to hold a POGO event.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So if you hatch a 10k out of a 2k, do you get 2k or 10k's worth of candy?

Damnit I wish the nests around me were better for this! I might hit the Chikorita nest on Saturday to avoid Easter madness.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

thumper57 posted:

GodDAMN Mantine again.

4 10ks yesterday. 1 Dratini, cool. 2 Mantines and 1 Gligar.

I just want one more pinecone to evolve it! Just ONE!

Mantine, Sudowoodo, Miltank, and Gilgar are the new Pinsir and Hitmonshits from old 10ks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ProjektorBoy posted:

Walked out of my parking garage to cross the street to work. Downtown Phoenix has been pretty decent at Teddiursas (reliably 2-4 every day) and I snagged this beautiful 93% bitch, which I immediately evolved. The Pokegods are smiling upon me today and I haven't even hatched eggs.

Woot another Phoenix goon.

Try surprise park, bitch is full of teddy bears.

Hatched a Lapras from a 2k!

• Locked thread