Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man Baron Davis doesn't even look good enough for a celeb game at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Only players who got reactions were Buddy, Ingram, Porzingis and maybe Towns (couldn't tell if he got a reaction or that was a music swell).

Silence for Embiid. From the bubble of this forum I just assumed Embiid was the most popular rookie in the world.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

They should do rookies vs retirees

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's not fair for Simmons to be out here with all his Spurs training with these other guys.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

Does Devin Booker have a personality other than "guy who takes a lot a bad shots but sometimes they go in"?

Is this the Standard Sixers Fan Garbage that Suns fans have to read? I usually only read the version they say to Lakers fans.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Brandon Ingram can't even score in the rising stars game

He already has.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Towns should be on team world btw

They can't call it Team Nike & Friends vs. World.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

They should have a mandatory salty old vet spot on each of these teams for comedy. Vince Carter can be one and Thon Maker can be the other

I am surprised he's not here tonight because I do feel like he's somewhere amongst the best 12 International Rookies + Sophomores

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I knew a Simmons would be MVP of this game after the draft.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
CJ's interviews rule.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Brolander posted:

the dwayne wayne reffo, thats too old for me even

I don't know if that show sucked or I was too young for it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers trade for Frank Kamittskee (Tae Verion) because he's the only person who has done the novel thing of catching a Russell pass and turning it into an assist on Earth.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Brolander posted:

also: hi rick

FRANK THE TANK

Hello. WHile this game is going on I'm making a multi-monitor North American bird windows theme.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

kawalimus is that you?

Is Kawalimus a bird fan?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Besides the obvious Ravens joke, yes, he frequently posts about birdwatching as a hobby he picked up to be less stressed out

It is stress relieving. It is one of the many things I initially did ironically before falling sincerely into it, although somewhere along the line I just transitioned from being a bad birder to a bad photographer.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am going to take a shot at the Boston Celtics for having no one involved in this game despite having a hundred draft picks the past two years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Fair enough. I'll take a shot at the Lakers for being 19-39
Lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Animal Kingdom TV show gives me anxiety.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When told that Nick wouldn't be able to celebrate after his shots so he would come in last (misquoting Ernie) he was like, "yeah . . . good point . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . eh but not last."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Nick Young, the first legally blind player to participate in the three- point contest.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kyrie gestures towards the Earth, and makes a convex disc gesture, signaling the truth.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Eric Gordon' shot has a pretty rotation, much like this planet we are on.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
:(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That one Sing movie commercials ruined Dj Khaled for me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Fat Joe is a legend and sold more cracks than _0-Hacking_Team-0_ please respect him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Dunk the whole drone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Aaron Gordan

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Dunk Contest is back…to sucking.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That was impressive. Beat a guy with his own dunk.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Glen Robinson III is an underdog in the NBA sense. Although you guys are right not in the life sense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

He's not some nobody Derrick Jones Jr. type. He was hyped that one year at Michigan but basically never got better

I mean I guess but we're talking about a guy who was cut from the Timberwolves and Sixers in 2015.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm so tired of the 1950s.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is a lot cooler than sock hop losers.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You know who liked the 50s?

KKK members

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Now this, I love, a lot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm glad we're just admitting the early 00's were just an extension of the 90s.

There is like a really cool small culture window between like 1998 and 2001 which never got a chance to live because of 9/11.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Nice try on the Antetokounmpo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
. . . and now introducing . . . KOBE BYRANT who will be allowed to play on his own team with his own ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Aww

• Locked thread